Strange looking leaves just on 1 bud?

cufix

Hey,

I noticed that 1 bud have strange leaves but I can't figure out what is causing it.
The strain is Caboose and it's in 50 day of flowering and growing in coco.

I was thinking about a light burn, but it's hardly possible since I'm using LEDs (Mars II 900w).
This top is a bit higher than other buds so it's like 10inch/25cm between top bud and light.
This leaf is crunchy on touch. Any soulutions? Or shall I just leave it like that, since I'm a week before flushing and finishing it.
Thanks.

IMG_20150422_221441.jpg

Isolate that plant until you can examine the white patches under a magnifying glass. You can isolate it by covering it with a large clear plastic bag, if you don't have anywhere to put it all by itself. And moving it before bagging it, could spread whatever is on those leaves.

Speaking as a granny who has raised a lot of plants, shrubs, and trees:

White powdery-looking patches or webs usually aren't a good sign ... on ANY species of plant. I read somewhere on these forums that sometimes leaves close to the bud get covered in trichs, which you will recognize in a magnifying glass. In that case, just leave it alone, or harvest those leaves and extract the trichs.

Anything else means trouble: spider mites, mold, fungus, etc. If it's a mold or a fungal infection, you'll need to destroy that branch (as with ANY plant) to keep it from spreading, and lower your humidity, as mold LOVES humidity. If it's a bug infestation, you'll need to spray the rest of the plants in the vicinity with a non-toxic (natural) insecticide that breaks down into harmless compounds.

Do NOT put the cut branch into the rest of your trim pile. Dump it in the garbage or burn it. It's toxic if smoked or ingested!

AKgramma

It might be nothing. Some older leaves will naturally start looking yellowish and unhealthy by the time you're 50 days into bloom. If the plant looks otherwise healthy, take the leaf off and hopefully that'll be that.

Examine the buds around those leaves, localised leaf death is one of the indicators of bud rot in that area. You are close to cleanse and harvest so if there's no bud rot behind those leaves, it might be a good idea to just give her water between now and when you harvest.

Good luck

Thank you guys for all of your answers :)

I'm already flushing it, I hope 4 days of flushing everyday will be enough.. I'm very tight with time for flushing atm.

Any ideas what to do with those leaves fully covered with trichs?

Nice and frosty, my money is on nute/light burn, all the plants in the picture show burn, clawing or curling especially those closer to the light, the very dark green at this stage of flowering also indicates high nute levels. Leave them be and start flushing soon

I was also thinking more like light burn, because only this bud which is the closest one to the light, has this kind of a malfunction. Nuts were served at 3/4 strenght till the end (since using very concentrated ones from AN).

Not much to do, just keep giving them water or a flushing solution, most of the damaged leaves will be trimmed off anyway. The problem is more general and not only with this bud, look at the little one lower left, see the curled leaf and discoloration, same on the right and background. I know nothing about coco but it looks they they were overfed and PH got out of whack, the closer to the light and dryer the environment the more damage. something to look out for on your next batch

Not much to do, just keep giving them water or a flushing solution, most of the damaged leaves will be trimmed off anyway. The problem is more general and not only with this bud, look at the little one lower left, see the curled leaf and discoloration, same on the right and background. I know nothing about coco but it looks they they were overfed and PH got out of whack, the closer to the light and dryer the environment the more damage. something to look out for on your next batch

Well the pH shouldnt be out of whack and almost impossible to be overfed. Advanced nutrient label says to put 4ml/L for mature plants, I was giving them 2,5ml/L - 3ml/L..

And some of them curled leaf became, because there was not enough space for them and they have started to curl around, it's my 1st SCRoG and I didn't really knew how to do it, what am I doing and what will came out of it.

Could you throw an eye to this thread where you'll see more pictures of this growth. And tell me what do you think about it?
Caboose, 50th day of flowering
Because I have 2 phenos (if that even was a pheno), which have really strange looking leaves from the 1st set of leaves (I'm posting picture from veg. below so you can see it).. One of them is on the picture above we were talking about in this thread. Thanks! :D

20150215_173420.jpg

Well the pH shouldnt be out of whack and almost impossible to be overfed. Advanced nutrient label says to put 4ml/L for mature plants, I was giving them 2,5ml/L - 3ml/L..

And some of them curled leaf became, because there was not enough space for them and they have started to curl around, it's my 1st SCRoG and I didn't really knew how to do it, what am I doing and what will came out of it.

Could you throw an eye to this thread where you'll see more pictures of this growth. And tell me what do you think about it?
Caboose, 50th day of flowering
Because I have 2 phenos (if that even was a pheno), which have really strange looking leaves from the 1st set of leaves (I'm posting picture from veg. below so you can see it).. One of them is on the picture above we were talking about in this thread. Thanks! :D

Many of the plants are showing nutrient/PH problems, they are a very dark green, burnt tips, cupping, curling and burn. If you haven't been adjusting your PH then it is probably out of range, salts can build up in the medium.

Many of the plants are showing nutrient/PH problems, they are a very dark green, burnt tips, cupping, curling and burn. If you haven't been adjusting your PH then it is probably out of range, salts can build up in the medium.

Probabbly. I checked pH a few times before watering and it was leveled as it supposed to be. And agains that built up salts I have always watered with 20-30% run off. Ill be more careful next time, it just makes me angry, how is it possible to get nutrient burn when using only 75% of the nutrients power as a max power (and this strain "Caboose" should support high EC levels).

Probabbly. I checked pH a few times before watering and it was leveled as it supposed to be. And agains that built up salts I have always watered with 20-30% run off. Ill be more careful next time, it just makes me angry, how is it possible to get nutrient burn when using only 75% of the nutrients power as a max power (and this strain "Caboose" should support high EC levels).

IDK, maybe your feed lines are just flushing a column through the medium when you do your run off.

Ok, I'll probabbly do the same strain again, and I'll try to find out what is bothering it.
Thanks for everything man! :)

Back
Top Bottom