Stratlogic's Hydro Closet ScrOG Grow

At the time pics were taken there were no signs of male/female. Thought I would throw in a little suspense until I was able to get some pics up that weren't taken on my phone thanks to my buddy who let me use his camera. Sorry for the confusion dudes.

BerryDizzle - Correct, 28 days in budding.
RageMonkey - I'm just doing it for fun at the moment because my current living space has limited me to just one plant. Soon I want to have a perpetual grow thing going on when I move out of my apartment. But you are right on fo sho dude.

:cool: Well, for sure that added some excitement!! I appreciate how, in this journal, you've posted picture after picture of day by day progression. It really gives this viewer immediate gratification, vs. waiting a week for another shot. :peace:

Heres a pic of the whole plant at day 63. "You could fall in love with an orangutan in there."

tn_DSC02306.jpg

What a bush!

Sorry of the info is in the journal somewhere, but what kind of lights are you using now?

Right now I am using a refurb 400w HPS I got from Inside Sun for something like 100 clams about a year ago. I also bought a 400w MH from them too but that one crapped out on me during the veg of my last plant. The CFLs run way cooler though and use less energy and seem to work fine so I am sticking with those for vegging from now on.

I had to slightly modify the box to keep temps low. And that board I used to seal up the front of box was a pain in the ass so I replaced it with some of that plastic from the hydro store where one side is black and the other is white. I'll post a pic here tomorrow because it will be much easier than explaining what I did. At first, temps where reaching the 90s but with the simple mod, it never goes higher that 80 degrees, averaging about 76 mostly.

The filter worked great but recently the fans on the filter quit working. I think it's because I underpowered them and instead of fixing it, I just removed the filter because there were buds that were crammed underneath that needed some light. I didn't expect the plant to be so bushy so I'm rollin with it. Also, without the filter and only one plant, the smell isn't much of an issue and doesn't leave my room. Plus, it brings a smile to my face every time I walk in my room so at the moment I have chosen not to use it.

Honestly, a few months ago, when I first found this site, your box construction was one of the first i stumbled across and has been a huge inspiration for me. Thanks for the journal. Its a def. way for me to set a goal.

Hoping for a picture update... :)

No prob FreakNature. I just uploaded some right now and when they clear they'll be up. For now there's just a couple my buddy took with his camera until I get the transfer cable for mine, then I will put some more up. Harvest is any day now too. Cant wait!

hello stratlogic.. i love ur setup but i have a Q'S do u leave water in ur bucket like u would a DWC? if u would could you give me ur link to ur setup..
thanks:bongrip: i found ur link,, what size pump should i use in that setup?

hey fasts, I normally add 2 gallons of water at a time. I try to leave the water just below the CD spool lid so I get that waterfall effect and that helps oxygenate the water and mixes the solution at the same time. As far as the pump goes, I bought the smallest one at Petsmart and it works fine. As long as the water is moving I don't think there would be a problem. Hope this helps.

hey fasts, I normally add 2 gallons of water at a time. I try to leave the water just below the CD spool lid so I get that waterfall effect and that helps oxygenate the water and mixes the solution at the same time. As far as the pump goes, I bought the smallest one at Petsmart and it works fine. As long as the water is moving I don't think there would be a problem. Hope this helps.

thanks:adore: one more thing do use air pump and a water pump?

I use both the water and air pump and leave them both running all the time. I bought both the pumps at Petsmart too.

Here are some pics at day 80.
tn_IMG_0405.jpg

I had to sample a bud so I picked this tasty little nug off the bottom
tn_IMG_0398.jpg

tn_IMG_0402.jpg

I am going to harvest (day 85) tonight when I get off work. I picked up a magnifying glass and have been watching the trichomes closely and the time has arrived! My first harvest, I am stoked!

Back
Top Bottom