Straw bale as growing medium

StrawBaler

Hello, newbie to the forum here. I began Straw Bale gardening this past year outside for my tomatoes and peppers. Actually very well. I want to grow some Northern Lights for some medical issues and was wondering if anyone has thought or grown any in straw bales. I will be growing indoors. Any advice will greatly be appreciated. Suggestions and comments welcomed.

A lesson I learned the hard way: growing cannabis is not like growing tomatoes. So methods I used to grow great tomatoes nearly killed my first cannabis grow.

That said, your idea could definitely work similar to other soil-less mediums used by members on this site. It also adds complications. The decaying straw will use up some nutrients and release others, which will make controlling nutrients harder.

But if you are willing to explore new territory I'd love to see the process and results. :thumb:

And welcome to :420:. I hope to see you journal this grow.

Wow ya way out their, not heard of that for tom's or peppers i'll have to check it out asap being a gardener by trade !

Mmm soil less method of nutrients more than likely PH corrected etc not sure about organic stuff just yet ?

Some distant memory recalls nitrogen problems with straw ploughed into fields i'll have to double check tho.

Ye be a cool Journal tho :thumb:

Ye already done a quick search :thumb:

Condition the bale for decomposing conditions etc basically watering for 2 weeks add nitrogen fert or ammonium sulfate to speed things up.

Check temperature of bale as decomposing matters warms stuff up & wait in till it levels off then plant up.

Added nutrients weekly so they say as the straw don't do much but it suggest treat it like any other soil less medium :thumb:

I like the added warmth to the root zone...

Hello, newbie to the forum here. I began Straw Bale gardening this past year outside for my tomatoes and peppers. Actually very well. I want to grow some Northern Lights for some medical issues and was wondering if anyone has thought or grown any in straw bales. I will be growing indoors. Any advice will greatly be appreciated. Suggestions and comments welcomed.
I’ve got several NL going right now. I think 3 are the Northern Lights/Cinderella 99 hybrid! My new favorite strain, grows fast, easy, they don’t care how much you feed them. The straight NL are doing well in coco under nextlight Megs

I’ve got several NL going right now. I think 3 are the Northern Lights/Cinderella 99 hybrid! My new favorite strain, grows fast, easy, they don’t care how much you feed them. The straight NL are doing well in coco under nextlight Megs
Just a reminder to look at the original posted dates… it looks like you woke up an almost 5 yr old thread.

Back
Top Bottom