Strawberry Banana By DNA Genetics Review

Question for you. If you got a few seeds from it, wouldn't it be considered a Hermie ? If so, I've heard that seeds from a Hermie plant stand a high chance of producing Hermie plants. Not sure how true this is because if I find a seed in my weed I toss the seed. Never grew one because of what I've heard.
This also makes me wonder if a plant you took clones from turns out to be Hermie if the clones will Hermie too ?
Any knowledge on this subject is quite welcome. I could sure use the lesson.
A strain can have a tendency to become a hermaphrodite, but it can happen from quite a few outside pressures, heat/light, environmental issues, and others. I couldn't tell you what happened to this plant. It wasn't serious. I only had 20 or so seeds (been a little while, I dont remember how many) but I probably grew 12 or 15 and none gave me anymore seeds. So, I feel strongly that strongly that I blew it somewhere and it wasn't the strain.

I had heard the same thing. That a hermie will make a hermie, and it may happen, if the strain has a tendency to go that way, or we push too hard. but I no long think seeds from a hermaphrodite seed will enevitably wind up growing more hermaphrodites in good conditions. Hope this makes sense

A strain can have a tendency to become a hermaphrodite, but it can happen from quite a few outside pressures, heat/light, environmental issues, and others. I couldn't tell you what happened to this plant. It wasn't serious. I only had 20 or so seeds (been a little while, I dont remember how many) but I probably grew 12 or 15 and none gave me anymore seeds. So, I feel strongly that strongly that I blew it somewhere and it wasn't the strain.

I had heard the same thing. That a hermie will make a hermie, and it may happen, if the strain has a tendency to go that way, or we push too hard. but I no long think seeds from a hermaphrodite seed will enevitably wind up growing more hermaphrodites in good conditions. Hope this makes sense
Makes sense to me because I had a 3 plant grow. 1 Hermied out of the 3. I thought the pollen would spread & cause all 3 to Hermie but it didn't phase the other 2. Go figure ? I'm pretty sure I caused the Hermie when I broke off a main limb.

Makes sense to me because I had a 3 plant grow. 1 Hermied out of the 3. I thought the pollen would spread & cause all 3 to Hermie but it didn't phase the other 2. Go figure ? I'm pretty sure I caused the Hermie when I broke off a main limb.
Stress, basically any stress at the right amount or collection of stresses can grow balls. Did you see it happen or did you just find seeds at the end? How did everything turn out?

Upon reading some of these threads I thought I would add my experience of the strawnana to the group. I've grown strawnana six times now and all of them have been phenomenal in taste abd bag appeal. I am having one issue every time I grow them though, they seem to want more nitrogen than any other plant in the room. I don't like to make two different batches of nutes for two separate strains however with this one it never really seems to finish before I have to pull her. She gets so yellow that I tend to want to pull them when that yellow creeps into the bud itself. The pistils only get about 50 or 60% dry and all the trichs are Cloudy with a few scattered Amber but not quite the ripeness I would like. I always flush for a good 10 to 14 days but it seems all the other plants handle things real well and the strawnana always is the first to Yellow..

My strawnana..

20211022_064728.jpg

20211022_064722.jpg

20211022_064654.jpg

20211015_085525.jpg

Back
Top Bottom