Strawberry Banana By DNA Genetics Review

Stltoed

This was a strain i always wanted to grow. When you read about it it sounds like a trip to Disneyland. I grew 4 in Ocean Forest under a double ended MH/HPS at 750watts. I got 14oz which is by no means a record breaker, but the quality was very good. The smell as it was growing was decent, but nothing too special. It really showed up after the cure. The trichome count was very high, i should sift it collect some of it, but probably wont. Its very sticky.

The smoke is great. Tastey and incredibly smooth, but the best part, this is the stoneiest bud ive ever had. As most high test bud takes you to 10, this one goes to 11. I still think Pink Candy is my favorite as the smell and taste is so incredibly strong, but S. Banana is close behind. The buzz isnt a bed ridden trip, its a walking around type that wants some adventure, but its rare to have such a strong buzz like this.

I think the gold at the end of this rainbow is the fact i found some seeds in the mix. Normally this would piss me off, but there arent many and i would have bought them again anyway. Seedsman just restocked this strain. You should try it

I grew Strawberry Banana a few year back when she first came onto the scene. I only popped one seed out of a 3 pack but ended up with a stellar pheno. She had a very good growth structure, was resistant to pest, had a very strong fruit candy aroma during flower, frosted up like someone had sprinkled fairy dust all over her, and the finished flower after curing had off the chart bag appeal and packed a very powerful punch that you don't often find with such tasty flowers.

I kept her going for several rounds but unfortunately ended up losing my mother and her clones. I still had another 2 seeds left over so I took them out of the fridge and planted both but one failed to germinate. The one that did germinate ended up being nothing like the first. Unlike the original pheno which had a typical hybrid like leaf, typical hybrid stretch, and about a 9 week flowering period, this 2nd pheno had huge crinkled leaves almost twice the size of my hand and would stretch like a 100% sativa during flower. I let her go a total of 18 weeks and she was still nowhere close to being finished so I ended up taking her down early, if you want to call 18 weeks early. This pheno had minimal aroma if any during flower, very minimal trichomes, and tasted like hay when cured. Exactly the complete opposite of the first plant that I had. This plant was so much different I always wondered if I didn't end up with a rouge seed that someone picked up off of the floor and slipped into my seed pack.
Has anyone else had this weird pheno of Strawberry Banana?

The SB was out of stock for quite a while but I finally have some more seeds on the way so I'm really looking forward to getting her in the line up again. I miss her so....

I grew Strawberry Banana a few year back when she first came onto the scene. I only popped one seed out of a 3 pack but ended up with a stellar pheno. She had a very good growth structure, was resistant to pest, had a very strong fruit candy aroma during flower, frosted up like someone had sprinkled fairy dust all over her, and the finished flower after curing had off the chart bag appeal and packed a very powerful punch that you don't often find with such tasty flowers.

I kept her going for several rounds but unfortunately ended up losing my mother and her clones. I still had another 2 seeds left over so I took them out of the fridge and planted both but one failed to germinate. The one that did germinate ended up being nothing like the first. Unlike the original pheno which had a typical hybrid like leaf, typical hybrid stretch, and about a 9 week flowering period, this 2nd pheno had huge crinkled leaves almost twice the size of my hand and would stretch like a 100% sativa during flower. I let her go a total of 18 weeks and she was still nowhere close to being finished so I ended up taking her down early, if you want to call 18 weeks early. This pheno had minimal aroma if any during flower, very minimal trichomes, and tasted like hay when cured. Exactly the complete opposite of the first plant that I had. This plant was so much different I always wondered if I didn't end up with a rouge seed that someone picked up off of the floor and slipped into my seed pack.

The SB was out of stock for quite a while but I finally have some more seeds on the way so I'm really looking forward to getting her in the line up again. I miss her so....
I've grown 6 plants so far. No 2 have been the same. The first time I grew 5. 4 for me and 1 for a vet buddy who knew he was gonna be moving around and wouldnt be unable to grow. My buddies plant was in a closet under a Perfect Sun LED (his light, I wanted to try it). The light wasnt really up to the challenge. Nice shaped plant, with lots of buds but everything was small. I honestly dont remember the weight, but I dont think it was a QP. My side did 14oz. But one of my plants was a complete waste of time, it went to make oil. Another one was amazing. Frosty as heck. A truly great fruit taste, I still have a gallons worth of it in jars. I've grown DNAs Lemon Skunk also. A similar situation, seeds were hit and miss. When it hits it hits hard. I grew 2 plants one season and got 27oz

Hey man. Thanks for your story.

As the saying goes, "win some, lose some". This holds true for gardeners as well.
For the record, in no way do I mean to bash DNA Genetics. I've been a big of fan of the DNA offerings ever since they came onto the scene. I have several of their cultivars in my library and it seems that I always have at least one or more of their cultivars in my flowering tent. In fact, 2 of the 9 plants that are in my flowering tent at the moment are DNA cultivars (Tangie and Chocolope). That one seed is the only freak of nature that I've ever come across when running their gear. Considering that over the years I've probably run in the neighborhood of 100 or more of their seeds such as Canna Haze, Kosher Kush, 24K, Tangie, Chocolope, X18, Capt. Krypt, Strawberry Banana, Sour D, and several others without any complaints whatsoever.
As you said, when they hit they hit hard, and that was certainly the case with my first go-round with the Strawberry Banana. I won't stop searching for the same pheno until I find her again. In the vast sea of cultivars that are available today she defininely stands apart from the crowd. She's a really special girl indeed.

Peace :peace::smokin:

Win some lose some is exactly right.

I always wanted to try Tangie. It was one of the other ones I wanted to grow from DNA. I ordered it and it was confiscated along with Jew Gold and Ayahuasca Purple.

I have 2 Strawberry Banana mothers for an RDWC SOG season. I cant wait to get this season over with and on to that. I will find out which of the 2 has the goods, or not

Tangie has an exquisite terpene profile. The aroma and flavor are both really pleasant. Even non smokers comment about how good the flower smells and how when being smoked it fills the room with an orange porpouri type aroma. Another thing that I really like about Tangie is that when smoked as flower in joints or a pipe it maintains it's flavor until the very end. It's not one of those flowers that only taste good for the first toke or two.
In my opinion, the Jews Gold, now renamed Kosher Kush is one of the best kush strains available in seed form. There's a reason that this one is usually sold out.

Good luck with your upcoming Strawberry Banana run. Please give me a heads up if you journal your grow.

Peace :peace:

Grown it a few more times and found the following...

This isnt the most vigorous grower. My hydro plant now is well over 4 feet across in a scrog. I gave up some pictures of it in my lady post but here it is again

This plant grew very differently than even its mother. Long and leggy with large leaves. I say these plants arent super vigorous, but this one is a monster because of the way it's being grown, in RDWC. Its had a 2 month veg and has been in flower for a couple weeks.

I still have the big plant's mother. I sent it to flower and it's doing very well. Much better than expected considering how poorly I treated it. It should do very well.

So, I've learned that this strain's leaves hook like a Nitrogen excess when there couldnt be too much Nitrogen. This happens in hydro or dirt. And it seems to come and go. In hydro I didnt use any N, only Calmag brought a bit of N. It still hooked at the leaf tips. I can't really say if this is a Nitrogen issue... it doesnt look like it, but just be aware that I've seen it multiple times, even tried to get rid of it but it still comes and goes. And, it may be just parts of a plant not the whole thing.

These plants take nutrients well, but will burn if over done. I've only ever used GH trio on them. Less is more.

Hope this helps. Cherrs

Stltoed, awesome dude, thanks for sharing! I don't know much about growing cannabis, but here is what I've got recently called Chocolate Mint OG. Did you try to make something like this? I think it has one of the best smells in comparison with others.

Stltoed, awesome dude, thanks for sharing! I don't know much about growing cannabis, but here is what I've got recently called Chocolate Mint OG ( from this shop: https://wеedzy.co.uk/ ). Did you try to make something like this? I think it has one of the best smells in comparison with others.
That sounds good. I'll have to check it out

I grew this strain for well over a year. Using CMH, HPS and LED, in hydro and soil. There were some successes, but it isnt a performer by any means. The last plant, while putting out 11 ounces did well in the yield department, but it was dog shit bud. The worst I've ever grown... this was the last straw for me, I will never grow it again. With as many grows as I have been a part of the super magical terpene profile associated with this strain is either super rare or complete bullshit. I did see good bud, but it wasn't very regular, and when it's bad,its a complete waste of time

That’s funny, a rouge seed. My last seed order the freebies were weird looking. One critical xxl auto was round and one of two cornbread from dank genetics looked like a banana! It was long and skinny. Crazy

One of my plants was Strawnana this year. It grew to about 4 1/2 ft. It turned out to be the frostiest plant in my garden, and it definitely is one of the 2 stoniest plants I grew. The other was Taquitz OG. Both were started as clones sold by Dark Heart Nursery.

One of my plants was Strawnana this year. It grew to about 4 1/2 ft. It turned out to be the frostiest plant in my garden, and it definitely is one of the 2 stoniest plants I grew. The other was Taquitz OG. Both were started as clones sold by Dark Heart Nursery.
I'd love to grow something like that. Strawberry Banana isn't like that

This was a strain i always wanted to grow. When you read about it it sounds like a trip to Disneyland. I grew 4 in Ocean Forest under a double ended MH/HPS at 750watts. I got 14oz which is by no means a record breaker, but the quality was very good. The smell as it was growing was decent, but nothing too special. It really showed up after the cure. The trichome count was very high, i should sift it collect some of it, but probably wont. Its very sticky.

The smoke is great. Tastey and incredibly smooth, but the best part, this is the stoneiest bud ive ever had. As most high test bud takes you to 10, this one goes to 11. I still think Pink Candy is my favorite as the smell and taste is so incredibly strong, but S. Banana is close behind. The buzz isnt a bed ridden trip, its a walking around type that wants some adventure, but its rare to have such a strong buzz like this.

I think the gold at the end of this rainbow is the fact i found some seeds in the mix. Normally this would piss me off, but there arent many and i would have bought them again anyway. Seedsman just restocked this strain. You should try it

Question for you. If you got a few seeds from it, wouldn't it be considered a Hermie ? If so, I've heard that seeds from a Hermie plant stand a high chance of producing Hermie plants. Not sure how true this is because if I find a seed in my weed I toss the seed. Never grew one because of what I've heard.
This also makes me wonder if a plant you took clones from turns out to be Hermie if the clones will Hermie too ?
Any knowledge on this subject is quite welcome. I could sure use the lesson.

Back
Top Bottom