Strawberry Banana & Lemon Zkittles In RDWC

Hey brother! Looking great in there.
I'm cool with that as long as they grow into leafy hand grenades.
Hahaha i love that!
I think your prediction of 2 weeks seems just right.
I'm after darker trichomes...
That makes two of us!
Hope you're having a good week so far. :passitleft:

Hey brother! Looking great in there.

Hahaha i love that!
I think your prediction of 2 weeks seems just right.

That makes two of us!
Hope you're having a good week so far. :passitleft:
Thanks bud. I just smashed the shit out of my computer mouse... It wasnt listening to me! I've had better days.

The plants are doing better I guess. Thanks for your kind words

Here you go... if it looks like one of the plants has light burn, you would be right. Some of the leaves have never fully healed so the plants look horrible. Ok ok, the excuses have been filed. Thanks for driving by

Those nugs are covered in frost, looking rock hard. Great job brother, looks like it's not much longer to go and you'll have an awesome harvest coming in! :high-five: :passitleft:

Those nugs are covered in frost, looking rock hard. Great job brother, looks like it's not much longer to go and you'll have an awesome harvest coming in! :high-five: :passitleft:
Thank you sir!

Buds are actually looking pretty good! The Strawberry Banana is doing much better than expected and the plant that took the hardest hit has new pistils and the buds are really starting to bulk. Dont get me wrong this season sucked, but it looks like its gonna be ok.

I'm lazy, so I'm not gonna explain each shot.

Well, I processed one of the Lemon Zkittles plants. Lots of little buds but theres some good stuff there. L Zkittles is known for yellow and even red buds, I think some of this stuff was going that direction. I wonder what this plant would have done if there were no interruptions. All the tops are really hard, but they stay that way for some time down the stem. I took a picture of some tiny buds they look fantastic, barring their size, they surprisingly hard. Another pic shows a dried bud sitting on a purple book. I it pulled last week. The smoke was fairly tastey. It was pretty stoney. Curious what a proper cure will do

So I harvested yesterday. Lots of little buds. After losing some water the buds arent quite as tight as they had been. I decided to make Rick Simpson Oil, but I want to smoke it not eat it. I pulled out all the little buds and buds of questionable firmness. All told this was 3.75oz. Gotta remember this stuff is still wet, so it doesnt look like a QP.
I gave it all a rough chop and drowned it all in booze. I'm using 99% pure isopropyl. I shook it for a while and let it sit for a bit. I strained it and now have it sitting outside so the alcohol will evaporate.
I usual use a fan to help with the evaporation, but it wont take too long in this weather.

Here are some shots of the left overs

I tried to get ahold of a few folks for advice since I usually make this oil for edibles. My curiousity was stronger than my will to wait for someone to get back to me, so i grabbed my sack and went for it. I'm sure they would say there's too much chlorophyll in it, which is true. Part of the reason for thos is I didnt use dry material. I honestly dont care. I will have plenty of material to make more if needed. I figure in a day or two the liquid will be gone and I'll have some oil.

I tried to get ahold of a few folks for advice since I usually make this oil for edibles. My curiousity was stronger than my will to wait for someone to get back to me, so i grabbed my sack and went for it. I'm sure they would say there's too much chlorophyll in it, which is true. Part of the reason for thos is I didnt use dry material. I honestly dont care. I will have plenty of material to make more if needed. I figure in a day or two the liquid will be gone and I'll have some oil.
Dang sorry man work is kicking my ass this week. I've never done it that way, how'd it come out? When you roll down we can make some rosin that'll be some good smokeable oils. :blunt:

:passitleft:

Dang sorry man work is kicking my ass this week. I've never done it that way, how'd it come out? When you roll down we can make some rosin that'll be some good smokeable oils. :blunt:

:passitleft:
No sweat bro. It still has a fair amount of water it. It looks a little funky right now, I may have messed this one up. Maybe later today I'll be able to get a good read on how it turns out.

That sounds like fun. I've never ever seen a press in action before. I will be down the weekend of the 22 of Sept. If your not busy.

I pulled the Strawberry Banana today. I bitched about the performance of this plant from day one. Strawberry Banana can be a bit finicky, I just figured this was the same. I have been on the lurk for the Strawberry Banana you hear about... the descriptions sound so candy like it's almost Wonkaian. I havent seen anything out of the ordinary. I've grown good Strawberry B, but I want Jolly Ranchers dammit!!!

Heres how the plant turned out. Fair size buds. about 3/4 of the top of the buds are hard. The smell is very sweet. Not super strong, but maybe slappin a cure on it will bring it about.

I smoked a twig off this thing about a week ago. It tasted good and was quite smooth which was surprising considering it was still a little green, no cure, etc. This plant did well considering what I put it through. This is another plant I wish I couple have seen in a better situation.

The last plant is doing really well. Its found 4th gear and is going for it. This plant would have done very well in a boring well maintained grow.... but who needs that!

So I harvested yesterday. Lots of little buds. After losing some water the buds arent quite as tight as they had been. I decided to make Rick Simpson Oil, but I want to smoke it not eat it. I pulled out all the little buds and buds of questionable firmness. All told this was 3.75oz. Gotta remember this stuff is still wet, so it doesnt look like a QP.
I gave it all a rough chop and drowned it all in booze. I'm using 99% pure isopropyl. I shook it for a while and let it sit for a bit. I strained it and now have it sitting outside so the alcohol will evaporate.
I usual use a fan to help with the evaporation, but it wont take too long in this weather.

Here are some shots of the left overs

Heres the oil. I had some... its fucken stoney I'll tell you what. I scrapped some from the bowl. It has a perfume taste and smell, when burnt. I'm tatered!

The last plant... buds are getting much more dense. The trichomes arent super prominant, I'm hoping it's at least as potent as the first Zkittles I grew. Heres a pic.

I pulled a branch off of my last plant. Buds at the top are hard, but this branch was pulled horizontally by the SCROG so all the buds are fairly dense. Trichomes look better in the pictures.

Shit, I'm just happy I made it to the end. That wasnt a sure thing. To have the pistils come back like they did really made me feel better. I felt like I brought them back. That was as important as a bumper crop. I say that now... next season will give another chance

Back
Top Bottom