Strawberry Blue by World of Seeds Bank

Hey sillysally, that's definitely a female and those are most assuredly pistils. The plant this was cloned from was already in flowering when it was cut...of course you probably know that. The current Strawberry Blue plant I have is doing very well (knock on wood) and several weeks back, but still after she started showing pistils I took two clones from the very bottom of her stalk. I was doubtful they'd make it but with care and nightly mistings in their clone dome, I've got two very promising looking plants off to a good start. They are in a 24/7 fluor closet I use just for clones and the constant lighting seems to have pushed them back to veg stage. I hope they make it all the way. The mother plant is just spectacular to look at now and I was afraid I wouldn't get any clones from her. Now I have a male clone just starting to show it's pollen sacks. I plan on getting some seeds from one of the ladies for sure to carry on the trait of symmetry and abundant and closely space buds. Today is maintenance day so I'll have her out for a photo shoot later.

I actually grew this plant from seed, no clones involved, but on CareStaker's advice I'm just going to try and get it to revert back to veg and see how it goes!
I'm not an expert by IMHO it's an autoflower. I know CareStaker said it doesn't exist but my first Strawberry Blue went into flowering within 3 weeks and I had it under 18/6 lighting. Maybe another freak of nature. Honestly, plants that small should not be flowering unless you force them to.

Okay, as promised, here are three great shots of my Strawberry Blue which is now at day 30 of flowering. She looks so nice with all the deep green color in her leaves and the shot from the top is an incredible view of how lush she is. She's still only about 28" tall and at this point I don't expect anymore increase in height. She's starting to thicken up in those buds and I see the frosty genetics showing up as well. She will be in flowering for at least another 4 weeks.

CAM001892.jpg

CAM001901.jpg

CAM001911.jpg

Looking good Stoner, looks like you are right on the mark. :high-five: She's getting frosty too. If you want to bulk her up - you can ramp up her nutes (mostly P&K) a for another week, and then start dropping it down for a two week flush. She will stay green almost till the end, so a 14 day flush is no problem for her. :cheer::Namaste:

Looking good Stoner, looks like you are right on the mark. :high-five: She's getting frosty too. If you want to bulk her up - you can ramp up her nutes (mostly P&K) a for another week, and then start dropping it down for a two week flush. She will stay green almost till the end, so a 14 day flush is no problem for her. :cheer::Namaste:
I've been using the Fox Farm regime, very lightly and only 1/2 strength. The plants were scheduled for another feeding yesterday but her runoff was off the scale of my TDS meter. So I used a very small amount of a totally organic mix I got at a local nursery. Its rated 5-3-3 and has microbials. The last grow I got into trouble using the full strength FF line. Her feeding a week ago included Open Sesame (5-45-19) but only about 1/8 tsp in the gallon jug. The Cha-Ching product (9-50-10) is now called for by the FF schedule. I know now is the time to ramp up P & K but I gotta be careful. This plant is too pretty to overdo it after 82 days of painstaking care. Only 3-1/2 weeks to go.

Wow, I just watched a youtube video on what they call "monster cropping". If I understood what the author was saying is that monster cropping is simply taking clones from a plant that is well into flowering. Okay, cool I took two clones from this Strawberry Blue while she was well into flowering. The clones took a while to get going but they are starting to take off. I can see some pistils in these little clones even though the clones were taken from a part of the plant that didn't have any pistils showing. According to the video I just saw these clones should start making huge growth spurt and get real bushy. And I plan on producing some seeds. The mother plant got a little pollen and these clones will also one day be asked to take a little pollen from another male I've got, also cloned. That male is from a Cotton Candy mother so I can only imagine what the leaves on these will look like.

Here she is at day 108, day 57 of flowering. She looks and smells wonderful. Cut off a small piece of bud and checked it out. Had to use soap to get all the oil off my fingers. Yum! I cut all the big fan leaves off yesterday and I'm letting her finish the next couple of days in a room that has abundant sunshine and total darkness at night. I will most likely take a few samples first and check it out while the plant keeps going for another week. But not much longer than that. I think you can see from the photo that she's so close to being ready that a day or two won't make much difference. Also, I pollinated one of the lowest buds on her and I can see there will be at least a few seeds to remember this one from.

BTW - I took two clones from her early into her flowering. They are coming along great and just for good measure I took two more clones from those clones. So I get to see what she's going to do with these next four clones. And I have that stud male that is from a Cotton Candy mother that I'm certainly going to cross one of them with.
StrawBerryBlue06.jpg

so what did you do, to get this one stalk plant? i like it. one massive bud. little or no trimming. sweet. i have three more strawberry blue freebies herbies keeps sending me. also, two (soaking) critical sensi star, i plan on for outdoor.

I never trimmed this one. A few of her clones I did trim but they did not exhibit the split cola strength I see in other strains. The smoke from this baby while not the best I've ever had is still pretty potent. I'll grow more of this strain again in the future.

Hey everybody! Hoping I can get some feedback here. What was the stretch like in flowering? Double? Less than double? Anybody fim, top, scrog? I ordered Nirvana NL for my first grow, got a small box and was gonna scrog the fudge out of her. I get a free SB seed with my order and was wondering if i should grow it as well. It'd take away room from my NL but variety would be nice. I would save a corner of my screen for SB and start her 3-4 weeks before I flip the NL so I could flower at the same time. I'd start SB later so I can grow my NL big but still get a little something something different know what I mean? All commentary welcome!

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom