Votes: 16 26.2%
  • Champange

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • Sour Diesel

Votes: 27 44.3%
  • Bubba Kush

Votes: 14 23.0%

• Total voters
The cage sounds like a good idea. I bet your not the only person out there with that problem. please post the picture when you are done it, might give some others an idea how to do it. As for going hydro ruiner. You pick it up fast. Half to interst the other half due to repetition. thanks for your input.:peace:

Your optimism is encouraging, I'll work at it till I get it right. With help from communities like this I know it won't all be trial and error.
And I'd be happy to post some pics of the cage when I'm done, I'm not a carpenter by trade but what I have built should server its purpose to the fullest. A few more crossbeams, some heavy duty plastic chicken wire and a door later I'll be back with pics.

Good growing. I was wondering if it would be beneficial to run a base "low" nute solution in the res and dial in each plants need through foliar feeding. I am working on multiple strains now and am hesitant in putting all in the same system since they may have diff nute requirements.

I have always been wary of feeding that way due to the fact that what is harvested is smoked. This would seem to be ok perhaps up until the plant started to flower and get all resinated, then it seems like it would pollute the crop, Don't take my word for it though, if you try it come back and let us know how it went/tasted. I'd be curious to know.

mcbudz. I tried running a low nute solution in the controller a while back. They wanted far more water than nutes so the ppms went through the roof. There might be an ideal ppm/ph range for that but I was unable to achieve it.

I only run r/o water in the "shared" controller. I have found it saves me an immense amout of time not having to add water to each bucket daily in flower.I also found in my setup running the buckets in a line like GH recommend only pulled a mix from the first bucket an so on down the line. I lost a lot of the sweet spot under the light but an inline "T" in the middle of the buckets seems to work best for me. I also ph up the water slightly(I get ph 6.0 out of my R/O filter)to 6.5 and I find that keeps the bucks in my ideal range of 5.8-6.3 for most of the week. I am using the humbolt purple maxx/snow storm and the H&G magic green every other week for each as a foliar, I dont think they can take much more. They are both really strong products. I keep hearing use half or less. this is my first grow with them.So we will all see how it works out.

ruiner with new nute mixes out every year and various new hydro setups. there HAS to be a learning curve. the only thing I dont think you can do hydro without is a meter.This is a great site to learn whats working for others and get an idea what would be best for you.
I look forward to your pictures when you are done.

Here are the ladies on day 30 of flower

IMG_26712.JPG

The SC is starting to flower.
IMG_2665.JPG

the champange turned out much better than I expected so far.
IMG_2669.JPG

I have had some wide tempurature swings during the week but they seem ok but a bit on the cold side. They are all showing flowers and I might run them a week longer to make up for the week I lost due to a high ph or just flush an additional 7 days.

thanks for your interest.:peace:

I agree. Those girls look healthy. Keep up the good work.

how often do you calibrate your meters? which meter do you use?

I've gone with a soilless mix, and have less experience than you even, but I use the Oakton 30 meter. I have been using distilled water because the instructions specify de-ionized. Tap water, eh? Hmm.

Anyway, I calibrate with 7.0 and 4.01 solutions before each feeding (I just rinse with distilled between measurements). It seems to only drift about 0.05 at most between calibrations. I just put some 7.0 solution in the cap and hang the whole thing by the lanyard to keep it upright when storing (so it wont fall over and leak out).

Anyway, like I said, your plants look great.
:peace:

Lets have an update when you can get to it bro, eagerly awaiting! :)
Plus, my cage, though it looks like a Frankenstein monster, is about to be done, I'll come back with a pic, but only because I said I would. not cause I'm sooo proud of it. It should serve it's purpose though i hope.

Hey fellas, one more question that I've touched on earlier but am still a little curious about; I asked a while back about the zipper and whether or not they had little holes in them like luggage zippers so they could be locked, someone was kind enough to respond and say that the next model up in size had this type of zipper but I was also wondering about the side panels on the tent, do they have double zippers as well that have the lock ability feature? These panels are pretty big and could get me busted as well if someone came along and unzipped them, so what's the deal? Able to lock those too? Thanks everyone!

Hey fellas, one more question that I've touched on earlier but am still a little curious about; I asked a while back about the zipper and whether or not they had little holes in them like luggage zippers so they could be locked, someone was kind enough to respond and say that the next model up in size had this type of zipper but I was also wondering about the side panels on the tent, do they have double zippers as well that have the lock ability feature? These panels are pretty big and could get me busted as well if someone came along and unzipped them, so what's the deal? Able to lock those too? Thanks everyone!

I have not tried to pull apart the zippers but the zipper on the dr120 is better than any I have seen on luggage.the tread is about half an inch wide..They do come with holes in the zip ring so you can use a small padlock or luggage lock. With the light on and the tent zipped I can see one or two pinpricks of light leaks but its in between the weave and the room has to be really dark to even see it. I was really looking hard to find them, nothing that would delay flowering. If you are concerned about the curious you can run the zippers all the way to the back and it would be a pain to open it even if it were unlocked.

I am verry happy with the dr120 and would buy the same one if this one were damaged. hope that helps ruiner

It has been a while. I have had low temps the past 2 weeks. 50's in the tent during night, low to mid 60's with the light on. I did not have much luck warming things up with the heater due to the fans going on every now and then. I am going to give them an extra week or two before the flush. Here they are now.

IMG_2717.JPG

I would say stay cool but that my current problem.:peace:

I have not tried to pull apart the zippers but the zipper on the dr120 is better than any I have seen on luggage.the tread is about half an inch wide..They do come with holes in the zip ring so you can use a small padlock or luggage lock. With the light on and the tent zipped I can see one or two pinpricks of light leaks but its in between the weave and the room has to be really dark to even see it. I was really looking hard to find them, nothing that would delay flowering. If you are concerned about the curious you can run the zippers all the way to the back and it would be a pain to open it even if it were unlocked.

I am verry happy with the dr120 and would buy the same one if this one were damaged. hope that helps ruiner

It has been a while. I have had low temps the past 2 weeks. 50's in the tent during night, low to mid 60's with the light on. I did not have much luck warming things up with the heater due to the fans going on every now and then. I am going to give them an extra week or two before the flush. Here they are now.

IMG_2717.JPG

I would say stay cool but that my current problem.:peace:

Thanks so much for responding man, I appreciate it. So what your saying is that big zipper, (the main one) has got the hole for a lock but what about the side doors, the smaller ones that are just for partial access? Aren't there two of these on either side of the tent? Do they have double zippers also with the little holes? If i missed that somewhere in your post forgive me, it's just that this is important to me because I have people that could possibly be a issue but only when it comes to wanting to "have a little look" other than that I don't see anyone being any kind of problem what so ever, so long as I could just differ them from being able to easily take that first step. Thanks again cuz, i appreciate your insight.
On another note, your plants are a wonderful color of green, even if they getting cooler than optimum temp, looks like it's doing nothing more than just slow growth a little, i think the extra couple weeks is a wise idea. I hope you get some killer smoke out of them, happy growing!

Ohh 1 more thing buddy, I had a idea, and then saw this video and it totally confirmed my suspicions. You might try this sometime, or even in a future grow, throw a airstone inside the res of the waterfarm and it will aerate the roots extra and make the plant explode even more! This guy ran his air hose through a dfferent place, but it sure looks like it's working fine! (I put mine in through the blue water level checking hose so that it sits on the bottom of the res.)

Thanks so much for responding man, I appreciate it. So what your saying is that big zipper, (the main one) has got the hole for a lock but what about the side doors, the smaller ones that are just for partial access? Aren't there two of these on either side of the tent? Do they have double zippers also with the little holes? If i missed that somewhere in your post forgive me, it's just that this is important to me because I have people that could possibly be a issue but only when it comes to wanting to "have a little look" other than that I don't see anyone being any kind of problem what so ever, so long as I could just differ them from being able to easily take that first step. Thanks again cuz, i appreciate your insight.
On another note, your plants are a wonderful color of green, even if they getting cooler than optimum temp, looks like it's doing nothing more than just slow growth a little, i think the extra couple weeks is a wise idea. I hope you get some killer smoke out of them, happy growing!

Ohh 1 more thing buddy, I had a idea, and then saw this video and it totally confirmed my suspicions. You might try this sometime, or even in a future grow, throw a airstone inside the res of the waterfarm and it will aerate the roots extra and make the plant explode even more! This guy ran his air hose through a dfferent place, but it sure looks like it's working fine! (I put mine in through the blue water level checking hose so that it sits on the bottom of the res.)

thanks for the interest ruiner,phantblunt420 and swampgas.

I am not sure if you can see it in my picture. I am not much of a photographer but I drilled an additional hole behind the drip lines of each bucket and I have a LARGE airstone in the bottom of each bucket. I have the ladies in my tent connected to a controller so it worked out best for me, plus the ones I have seen that run the air line through the water level hose seem to get a lot of clogs. I dont know why maybe it's the tight fit. Waterfarms are a bit of a pain to work with but I added a hose fitting to the bucket lines.

Now res changes only take about 10 minutes not counting mixing up the nutes. I dont have to pick them up anymore and I can hook the hose up to a wet/dry vac and just dump the vac tank. This has made flush so much easier too.

I check on the ladies with a microscope and the Trichomes were more than all cloudy. I was surprised with temps hanging in the 50's that they went amber so quick.. I wanted to give them a longer flush but time ran out.the sour diesel the smallest plant was all buds so that was nice.They are already curing and I will put up the last set of picture tonight.thanks all.:peace:

Can't wait to see those final harvest pics man, let us know what the wet and dry weight was also if you've had a chance to get it yet.
I think I might try your idea of drilling another hole I can see what you mean about things getting clogged, especially if your using that same hose to drain your res.
Anymore info you've got about how you got the fittings water tight and how your attaching the wet/dry vac would be handy!
God bless man, take it easy!

Well this grow went fast but with reduced yeild. Fresh cut weights were
about 2oz for the Sc around 1oz for the champange.As for the sour diesel. I did not even weigh it out(under 1/2 oz).
Temps were in the 50's to low 60's most of the grow. I did not use co2 this time. with the temps so low I did not see the point, but the drop in yeild was so large I wonder how much co2 effected my last grow and how much was the temps. They only had about 2 weeks at the end of flower on the co2 last time but I wanted to see what the results would be compared to my other grows. I am starting to believe the addition may be worth it and that was just using the co2 boost buckets with the fans on every other hour for 15 minutes and dry ice.
this is how they came out last time in the same setup and lights.
withco2.JPG

I did get about the same amount of potency just less in total yeild. The best description I can give you for the SC is that it is a strong medical strain that lasts three to four hours. I just had some mount cook for the first time and it is affecting my judgement...

The Champange did the best next to the SC in the cold and this was the final result..

finishdec08.jpg

Thank you all for your input and advice. :peace:

respectable man, congrats on finishing up, I will be a happy man if I can at least duplicate what you've done here inside your DR120!

Back
Top Bottom