Strawberry Cough? Yes Please! LOS Grown

I use Neptune's Harvest Fish Hydrolysate in my foliar sprays, and I've been tempted to toss a little in my ACT to see how it goes.

Neptune's Harvest.JPG

:thumb:
Just gonna step in and provide another recipe that has worked well for my girls.
I take 5 gallons of Spring Water, put a 4” air stone at the bottom, attached to 3.5psi air pump (aquarium).

Add to water:
Seaweed/Kelp extract (Usually 15ml per gallon) I’ve used both Neptune and Blue Planet
3 Tablespoons non sulphur molasses
8 Tablespoons URB (Optional)

In the straining bag: (Dry ingredients)
2 cups Earthworm castings
3 cups Compost
1/2 cup Bloom/Flower/Rose/Bud blend
1 scoop GW mica
**Mix well in separate container**

E0D62EB0-696F-4414-B43A-1329308EC9EF.jpeg

Suspend the compost bag half way up the bucket, and brew for 12-24 hours. Add another spoon of molasses at 24 hours if you want to run a 36 hour brew. Use within 4 hours.

Some serious grow juice. I have some brewing as I type. Usually after day 2 you’ll get a massive boom!

E013628B-7468-4245-A50C-D2FFFA634DA2.jpeg
That's a sexy recipe. I'm going to keep this on file. Thanks for sharing. :thumb::yahoo:

:) all of this in a tea? Since the whole point is to develop a healthy microtribe of exactly the correct beasties all feeding on exactly the food they love best, doesn't the URB already have that? In excess? I can't see how brewing it longer or combining it with anything else would make it better. It almost seems like you are still thinking that a tea feeds the plants.
:morenutes:
Not at all... I think the dry ingredients provide instant nutrients, day 2 you get a boom, then after your non compost feed, you see a huge boom the next day. I think the Magic happens 3-7 days after CT feed.

At least that’s been my experience with this recipe. I don’t take credit for the base recipe, I’ve just followed it. I added a couple of things, but it’s proven effective.

These are the only ingredients/processes I’ve used with these girls.

Today:
C7D4AF3B-89B9-43CA-87CC-BC65EAC3C675.jpeg

They are seriously out of control, I know. 6 days @12/12.

Home again and my newly upotted one is well. I found lots of dry leaves and took them. There's kind of the right color green for her coming around and small growth is coming in normal looking. It's the 5th day from water and she doesn't want for it. I gave 3.5 gallons with little runoff at upot. A quart or so before I sucked it up.
The even better thing is the gnats have gone almost completely. The sticky sheet had 4 on top and 4 on the bottom. I set the fans away from the plant before I left as I didn't want to dry it out before I got home so there wasn't any wind at soil level. I'm saying the Safers Garden Dust Works on fungus gnats. When I catch them and start the treatment as early as possible and hitting again down the road. I have to figure the timing for the re dusting. That and a good breeze at soil level so far is the recipe. I'm going to be on this one this plant. So here's how I found her this afternoon.
With all the crusty leaves.

Without the crusty leaves.
Tips coming in better and no water please.

New growth is looking sweet! Nice thing to come back to. Careful not to top them with your nipples.

They don't even mention gnats in their bug list!
I know! It kills the maggot babies who feed on it. With them gone keeping the "to be" parents off the soil with wind worked this time. Pretty sure I kept them down to a roar in the Lemon grow this way too. There were plenty of them but the plants grew. There were peaks and valleys of them as I figured this out. I caught them late I think. More to come.

I use Neptune's Harvest Fish Hydrolysate in my foliar sprays, and I've been tempted to toss a little in my ACT to see how it goes.

Neptune's Harvest.JPG
Ive been debating myself fish or seaweed . Both lol

Ive been debating myself fish or seaweed . Both lol

I generally only use the fish due to being in hydro and already getting plenty of K in the feed, any more would likely cause me grief, but low K feed or soil takes seaweed sprays much better. The fish tho makes a great base to build upon. I've never used it on my roots, just the leaves so far.

Highya SO,

Was all that damage just from the gnats? I'm glad you nailed it quickly. I can't imagine losing a lady to gnats. Must be the numbers game. How many gnats does it take to kill a plant in 2 days?!? Yes, the new growth is coming in nice. May your strawberry Cough give you much pleasure around Christmas! (three months after harvest).
I have to say, the Carnival strain I grew last summer is a great strain. But, now that she's past harvest 9 months and a couple weeks) I am really pleased with the euphoric nature she gives. Much more potent and better than 3 months. Makes me wonder about a future harvest, and if I can keep enough of the next strain to evaluate, lol. Rambling again..... Cheers

Home again and my newly upotted one is well. I found lots of dry leaves and took them. There's kind of the right color green for her coming around and small growth is coming in normal looking. It's the 5th day from water and she doesn't want for it. I gave 3.5 gallons with little runoff at upot. A quart or so before I sucked it up.
The even better thing is the gnats have gone almost completely. The sticky sheet had 4 on top and 4 on the bottom. I set the fans away from the plant before I left as I didn't want to dry it out before I got home so there wasn't any wind at soil level. I'm saying the Safers Garden Dust Works on fungus gnats. When I catch them and start the treatment as early as possible and hitting again down the road. I have to figure the timing for the re dusting. That and a good breeze at soil level so far is the recipe. I'm going to be on this one this plant. So here's how I found her this afternoon.
With all the crusty leaves.

Without the crusty leaves.
Tips coming in better and no water please.
Hey SO, welcome home! I might have some bad news for you though... I don't think it was just gnats because I think I am seeing a phosphorus deficiency with all those twisted brown leaves, the long necrotic leaf tips and the purple stems. I strongly suggest a little bone meal (very little) sprinkled on the top, or some high P bat guano. FF Big Bloom is also high in P... and if you want to go extreme, Super Phosphate I think is 0-45-0... it will fix you right up. Even plants in veg need a little P to help with root development and rapid growth.
Here is a pic of someone else's phosphorus deficiency... look familiar?
phosphorus_deficiency_marijuana.jpg

I generally only use the fish due to being in hydro and already getting plenty of K in the feed, any more would likely cause me grief, but low K feed or soil takes seaweed sprays much better. The fish tho makes a great base to build upon. I've never used it on my roots, just the leaves so far.
I got oysters shells in there guess I need to see what that contains lol

Hey SO, welcome home! I might have some bad news for you though... I don't think it was just gnats because I think I am seeing a phosphorus deficiency with all those twisted brown leaves, the long necrotic leaf tips and the purple stems. I strongly suggest a little bone meal (very little) sprinkled on the top, or some high P bat guano. FF Big Bloom is also high in P... and if you want to go extreme, Super Phosphate I think is 0-45-0... it will fix you right up. Even plants in veg need a little P to help with root development and rapid growth.
Here is a pic of someone else's phosphorus deficiency... look familiar?
phosphorus_deficiency_marijuana.jpg
It does look like phosphorous deficiency. Hmm, I want to wait a few days for the severe root bound conditions to give me an indication of health. The new growth looks clean and green after only 6 days in the new pot. Remember this is the daughter of the one that troubled me the same way? I'm going to try it as soon as the bound roots get a few more days recovery. Maybe that will put her in a position where she'll take an AACT. Giving the AACT and having bound roots is what made her look this way. Looks just like the pic! Interesting, I'm on it in a few days.

Why is being rootbound so stressful to plants in potted soil versus hydro? I literally only get transplant shock symptoms that last hours, not days. Is there nothing that can be done to mitigate it shy of not becoming rootbound in the first place? In potted rockwool at least, it's good to let the roots hist the pot and circle the bottom a few times as that encourages roots to better populate the media that it previously didn't to get remaining bits of water and nutrient. I'll be getting into soil in a couple of months and this and knowing I will most definitely finally experience bugs I feel will be my biggest growing pain, almost to say that "I" will be getting some transplant shock, lol.

Back
Top Bottom