Strawberry Kush: Mother Plant

Jimmy would you say 4-6 of those Phillips bulbs would be sufficient for a small tote breeder box? Looking at having something that will be strong enough to flower the little plant. Won't be that big either, just to get beans

Pat's Mars Hydro II 700W Grow

Pat's Small CFL Grow

Should be. I use 1 bulb for 4 seedlings then 1 bulb per nurseling. If you use the 100w equivalent they put out an extra 700 lumens so you can put the light higher and get a wider footprint.

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

Should be. I use 1 bulb for 4 seedlings then 1 bulb per nurseling. If you use the 100w equivalent they put out an extra 700 lumens so you can put the light higher and get a wider footprint.

Sounds good brother. Just looking at a cheap setup that will supply us SA blokes with good genetics, too many common "cheese" going around, nobody knows what's what. Will go take a look. Thanks also for giving advice to Skoondawg regarding the COB setup, we've been discussing it to the point where I am ready to sell my Mars panel :rofl:

Pat's Small CFL Grow

Sounds good brother. Just looking at a cheap setup that will supply us SA blokes with good genetics, too many common "cheese" going around, nobody knows what's what. Will go take a look. Thanks also for giving advice to Skoondawg regarding the COB setup, we've been discussing it to the point where I am ready to sell my Mars panel :rofl:

Pat's Small CFL Grow

Sweet. When you need help calculating voltage/drivers I'm always around.
Ps. Go for the D series chips.

Sweet. When you need help calculating voltage/drivers I'm always around.
Ps. Go for the D series chips.

For the drivers we need high voltage and low mA or should it be low volts and high mA? I am also looking at what Mouser and Digikey has. Will definitely ask for any help. Appreciated bru

Pat's Small CFL Grow

For the drivers we need high voltage and low mA or should it be low volts and high mA? I am also looking at what Mouser and Digikey has. Will definitely ask for any help. Appreciated bru

Pat's Small CFL Grow

The drivers depend on the chip you select.
You don't need or want to drive most chips at test current. That creates a lot of heat and high heat dissipation heatsinks are more $$$ than the chips or drivers. Keep each cob between 35-50w for best efficiency.

Not trying to hijack ya Jimmy but since you're the king of COB can you take a look at my DIY COB thread?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

One month today the seed reared its head.
12" in one month. 10" girth.
420-magazine-mobile771671333.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1394424896.jpg
420-magazine-mobile426857276.jpg

One month today the seed reared its head.
12" in one month. 10" girth.
420-magazine-mobile771671333.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1394424896.jpg

Are you growing in hydro or soil and any nutes at all or organic. I look at 420 daily and am a huge fan of Robert Bergman. I have been looking at his white widow and blueberry. And a couple other strains. Currently I am doing a breeder challenge I would say. Right now it's delicious seeds and Dr kripple. Next is just Barney's. Then dinafem but I am gonna throw 420 in there also. Maybe next after seeing this. She looks amazing and very healthy. Any plant training planned? Or natural growth?.

my new dwc Afghan Kush run and flowering mothers

Water until the buds start. Then I use about 3 ml/Gallon of Earth Juice bloom. That brings my water pH to around 6.5. Then when the buds start really popping up I slowly increase the dosage of EJ Bloom until week 5 or 6 then use KoolBloom dry for up to 3 weeks (usually two) then flush for 2 weeks. Done.

Pruned the leaf tips to allow more light to the branches I'll be cloning next week.
18 clones...here we come.
420-magazine-mobile156054171.jpg

Pruned the leaf tips to allow more light to the branches I'll be cloning next week.
18 clones...here we come.
420-magazine-mobile156054171.jpg

I am shocked that someone else actually does that also. During young veg I will snip off tips of fans and tuck my bigger ones to expose budsites and get my lateral branches growing also. But I also top and LST so it's also a different way to accomplish it. I like that way you did BC if not topped you still get that nice fat juicy top cola and all your lateral

I am shocked that someone else actually does that also. During young veg I will snip off tips of fans and tuck my bigger ones to expose budsites and get my lateral branches growing also. But I also top and LST so it's also a different way to accomplish it. I like that way you did BC if not topped you still get that nice fat juicy top cola and all your lateral

The whole thing will be chopped down next week. I'll try and take 20 clones off it. Hopefully I can replant the top and start all over again. I'm doing a 19 clone micro Grow in a 2x4 tent under 10 x 10,000 lumen COBs.
I'm putting the mother under 2700K light for a bit so that I'll get a little stretch.
420-magazine-mobile1043413478.jpg

Back
Top Bottom