Strawberry Lemonade & Glookies

Well the branch I thought died had a come back and decided it wasn’t quite finished, it survived! It’s a little lob sided and you can see the other side is clearly thicker and stronger, but it’s getting better.
1110B7AD-D90B-4B40-95B7-AAEBC0E7273D.jpeg

So the majority of them have been topped for the final time. The Glookies are growing quicker than the Dos si Dos and I’ve realised the DsD don’t seem to produce many symmetrical nodes, it’s a pain not having symmetrical nodes with the training method I’m following, but I’m doing my best to make it work.

Some of the DsD only had the 2nd topping last night while the majority of Glookies had the 3rd topping.

Fortunately I’m not in too much of a rush, so it’s no big deal letting them veg longer than planned, the tent will not go into flower until all are ready.

With the SL being the only Sativa dominant I was expecting a lanky looking plant but to be honest it hasn’t grown much differently to the Glookies. The nodes have been perfectly symmetrical which has made it a bit easier.

DEC885B2-CB30-477C-BE74-17737FBBAEAD.jpeg
Strawberry Lemonade
D3D432D3-3863-420D-ACA9-E11AF454F104.jpeg
Glookies
F1F3D54A-8650-47D6-B819-933F82380769.jpeg
Glookies
C7EE26CE-6D44-4CD9-8DB1-F5D05C5AAF42.jpeg
Glookies
A96025FD-29A9-46FC-A2F2-DE70223DF890.jpeg
DosSiDos 33
FA67DCED-134B-4DDD-BE7D-CA81F80EAD85.jpeg
DosSiDos33
F770978E-5601-4708-A268-0B54D758B385.jpeg
DosSiDos33
025E64F8-11D1-47F8-B642-61F306B951D5.jpeg
DosSiDos33

So today I tied 2 plants down which are ahead of the rest for the final time. Now time to let them grow in peace. The whole process has taken longer than I expected. Plus I’ve got to let them veg for a couple of weeks or so before I flower. I have 2 goals, no popcorn bud and a better yield. If I can achieve this it’ll be worth while.
C97F874B-FA66-43F7-A95E-22A5709151AB.jpeg
566F6E8D-8AB7-4F3F-91D7-3FAB2E360471.jpeg

Been gone for a while, but was researching a few things and I suddenly remembered how much I enjoyed keeping the journal up together.

After the last grow and yielding over 30oz I was pretty happy, but thought I could still improve without affecting the timeframe dramatically. So with this grow I’ve been training them as can be seen in the pictures above.

I quickly realised I did way too little research for the training method I was doing, and while it seems they’ll yield ok, it’s nothing like I expected and with the 8 week veg time, compared to the 5 week veg time last time I was expecting a big difference, 6 weeks in flower and it seems smaller than the last grow at this time round. I am growing 10 week flowers rather than 8, I’m not sure whether to expect much more growth other than the fattening of the buds now.

I still haven’t decided if I’ll do the mainline again, I realise a lot of mistakes I made, but the recovery times were so long that it seems any extra yield is lost in the extra 18 hours phase and time it takes to carry the training out.

Glookies: These look considerably lighter and less dense than the DsD33. I’m really hoping to see these fatten some point soon. The node spacing is disappointing and I’m not sure if I flowered to early or possibly under-watered them causing a stretch. My light is kept pretty close so I wouldn’t consider it could be that. However the bud itself stinks, it’s so sticky and has been at just 4 weeks into flower, the GZ I grew never let smells out so strong, really is putting the filter to the test.

DsD33: These are looking good, closer spaced but alike the Glookies they just aren’t too far down, I was hoping/expecting colas a good foot long but I think due to being a little scared I defoliated too little and just blocked the light out a bit. I’ve done my best so spread things out but to no avail. These smell good, but nothing special.

Strawberry Lemonade: Well anyone who saw from the start, I had 10 of these at first and planned to grow all 10, I then realised they were Sativa dominant. Having never grown a Sativa I expected a tree breaking through the tent. Ironically it’s the smallest of the 8 plants as I kept just one. It’s got close space nodes and things seem to be fattening up. It smells good and bounced back quickly through out tops and lst.

It has been a great learning curve and exciting to see the plant bounce back after being topped 3 times, each plant was cut 7 times. I’ll get some pictures up soon.

Hi Kimber glad to see you back looking forward to pics. IMHO from your previous pics I think you were to aggressive with the pruning. I usually top at the fourth node and LST letting the lower growth grow up to canapy height. Then top again and LST waiting for the lower growth to get to the canapy or at least close. Then I do it one last time and grow out the plant still doing LST until I am happy with the height and shape the flip to 12-12. Have a look at my journal I flipped about a week ago will be doing a update tonight.

Peace Brother :snowboating:

Hey man, glad to see your still active here. I agree dude, I tried to follow a timeline on the plants, from someone who has years of experience and expected to keep up. I really should have given the plants longer to recover. I also noticed after watching some more videos and doing further research it’s a lot easier to direct the branches where you want at an earlier stage when doing lst. I caused a lot of splits and breaks when tying stuff down as they were too strong. Of course once one breaks it slows the growth down specifically on that branch, giving me an uneven canopy with no real clue how to resolve it. A lot ended up a guessing game tbh.

But as you said you did lst after topping, I was giving a week or so in between and by then the branch has multiple nodes and was strong.

I’m just doing some uploads then I’ll take a look.

So here’s some photos, still haven’t sorted something for the light, my apologies. I’ve noticed across most plants I’ve had a lot of branches starting lean over, I wish it were due to being so heavy but I don’t think it’s that.
B6584C94-7B23-4B81-B3C0-099D3200EDB2.jpeg
Here is the Strawberry Lemonade, the shortest of the bunch. It has symmetrical nodes through out and was great to train.
A67A0DA0-682A-4163-97B1-9ABA4DFC9B27.jpeg

0EF20B63-7D6A-4AF1-8D46-5920F18E636A.jpeg
7D74C243-88F8-4630-83AE-AE68D18C1536.jpeg
C1615279-2ECE-4FE8-8707-EDA9BF574614.jpeg
3D6F0B3A-CEF5-443D-9793-F167D75DEF73.jpeg
DBC16678-3984-4872-8455-439983F08792.jpeg
158FDE34-3376-4350-8F42-EC75FD0CAB3B.jpeg

Yeah that’s the plan. I was in no real rush for more so I didn’t mind taking the risk with this one. As long as I get 20oz I’ll be happy. The pictures do make them look worse than they are, seem to really struggle to get good photos.

I’m actually looking into RDWC, but I’m restricted with noise and see a lot of complaints on noise from them. I was looking at the Wilma systems, but as it’s not recirculated I’m worried they will be deprived of oxygen and I may get problems from that.

Going to take a look around the forum and pick some brains about it. Soil is a pain for me due to disposing the soil with the perlite isn’t so simple over here.

I’ve grown the GZ twice. I agree, it was fantastic and stood up to my many mistakes, was just thinking something new. That’s the second time I’ve seen someone mention Ayahuasca purple, think I’ll take a look at that.

My main reason for looking was the watering schedule. I’m often away for work and have a friend water for me. They have back problems and the watering can be a tough task. I was hoping to be able to fill a tank of some kind and not have to water for a while. I’m usually back on the weekends so the water would have to last a week. The autopot system was something I’d also looked at. Can continue with soil and it’s not electronically controlled, maybe I’ll reconsider that.

Pineapple chunk is another one I would like to try
I forgot about this. It was actually recommended to me at the shop, I will never grow 2 different strains at the same time again so I’ll look at them 2 and make a decision. Will be germinating the seeds in the next few days.

Checkout Nitros journal this ma be a good system for you. He ended up getting a Hermie but you can see his setup and the results he was getting. He has a new journal just started Barney's farm blue cheese.

Pineapple chunk is another one I would like to try

10 Pineapple chunk have been started. I’ll make a journal in a week or so once they’ve been planted.

Checkout Nitros journal this ma be a good system for you. He ended up getting a Hermie but you can see his setup and the results he was getting. He has a new journal just started Barney's farm blue cheese.

Wow, just got through all of this. Could see by how many pages left it clearly wasn’t finished. Got near the end and saw the hermie. But how it was grown was so cool, I’m a big fan after seeing just one journal on it. I should have no issues making a top feed system too.

Back
Top Bottom