Strawberry Sour D & Strawberry Cheesecake Scrog

I try to do things based on how they look and not a set number. I'd just wait until they look perky and happy. How do you know they are rootbound? Are there roots on the surface?

The bottom of the pots are super full of roots so im guessing there root bound lol! They deffo wouldnt have much space to make more roots thats for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

So after their daily look ive noticed the older growth does in fact look worse then previously however The new growth and all the branches/bud sights even the old ones look fine its only the fan leaves (is that the right term) that have took a little beating. Is this normal? Does this mean my plants will be okay or will it spread?

Big day today for the girls moved into there final spots in 5 gallon smart pots in a 1.2x1x2 tent with Rhino carbon filter. There under a 600w dimmable ballast and a dual spec 600w limi hps and parabolic shade.
Lights currently on 250w will be pur up to 400w in the next couple days. They had Great white in transplant.

Pictures..
420-magazine-mobile2139487881.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1161890676.jpg
420-magazine-mobile281026640.jpg

And couple of the plants after there lst in preparation for their scrog
420-magazine-mobile128156956.jpg
420-magazine-mobile914528383.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1171070025.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1260554687.jpg

These things still look stressed and droopy but that could be from the transplant. I don't see much of the burn or original problems anymore. The two on the right are a lot bigger. Are they the same strain?

Picture is just after transplant and lst just gonna leave them to grow out over the next week or so now.

There is a slight time gap between them all i started of 2 then another 1 about a week after and then the last 2 about 1.5 weeks after or something like that..

Also two different strains unsure which is which had a little mixup, im guessing i have 3 SSD and 2 SC but ill figure that out eventually.

All the burn ect hasn't progressed to the newer growth thankfully.

It should be 60 or 70 cm away in my opinion - even at the reduced power setting

Then as soon as they look healthy and growing robustly, crank her up to 600 watts but never closer than 60 cm

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine

How much calmag are you giving them?

Did you know that coco coir is inherently calcium deficient? And that the production of coco coir requires the manufacturer to add a ton of calcium to the media?

This is important to know. Coco is very greedy and hungry for calcium and will steal it from the plant!!!!

Your job is to give all the calcium that the plant and the coco can absorb so they don't have to fight for it (deficiency).

Havent had a problem in any of my grows in light distance as of yet. Hopefully wont do either! Light is gonna be about that sort of distance though! They have only just been put into this tent as of a couple days ago.

I was aware of calcium problems in coco. I thought id be okay originally with my tap water but had some deficiencies and bought some calmag. I now put around .5/.6ml per L of it

We are now feeding up to 10ml per gallon (2.64ml /liter) of calmag after having massive deficiencies when we first started.

They get calmag every feed and every water.

Re: Strawberry Sour D & Strawberry Cheesecake Scrog

We are now feeding up to 10ml per gallon (2.64ml /liter) of calmag after having massive deficiencies when we first started.

They get calmag every feed and every water.

On the bottle which i bought the recommended dose is .5-1ml per l. Untill it looks like they need more i dont think think ill really add much more but i do the same in terms off calmag in every feed!

Quick update on their progress...

Temperate:27-30
Humidity: 50-80%
Light: Turned up to 400

Plants are in there final positions now wont be moving them about anymore as im worried about disturbing/damaging roots picking them up.

Will veg another week or 2 then install 1 big scrog net instead of individual ones.
420-magazine-mobile549550640.jpg

And plants after lst and slight "supercrop" broke on of the tops on one plant hoping it will adapt as though its been topped.

420-magazine-mobile1049036301.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2008736004.jpg
420-magazine-mobile131169437.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1516642805.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1825349175.jpg

Thanks man, hopefully get some half decent bud out of them! Any ideas on how high to put the scrog net? Was thinking of a \_/ shape net to maximise my space

I'd like to guess about 8-12". You need to be able to water them and everything and if you put it too close that becomes very difficult. My current grow however it is much higher for one massive plant and I had to prop the 3 other plants up closer to the net. The larger plant that threw everything off was vegged for 15 weeks and just is bigger than the others. No way to keep it in the 8-12" range.

I would recommend letting them grow into the net and fill it out a bit before flipping. If you plan to fill the whole net you likely want about 56-60% of the net filled up before flipping to flower.

I'd like to guess about 8-12". You need to be able to water them and everything and if you put it too close that becomes very difficult. My current grow however it is much higher for one massive plant and I had to prop the 3 other plants up closer to the net. The larger plant that threw everything off was vegged for 15 weeks and just is bigger than the others. No way to keep it in the 8-12" range.

I would recommend letting them grow into the net and fill it out a bit before flipping. If you plan to fill the whole net you likely want about 56-60% of the net filled up before flipping to flower.

Ill do that for sure thanks, will be making my own scrog net with string and possibly pvc. Off away next week so will be the week after that i think i will top them all again just to spread out the structure a little more maybe, depends on how they look before i leave!

Back
Top Bottom