Stress is starting to seed AK 48

Caregiver777

I need your expert help. 1st, I'm indoors and use a soil mix, No problems with any other plant. I had been growing AK 48 with great success and then I added a new lighting system. I went from a 600w and a 400w to a 600w,(same one), and added a new 1000w that I turned down to 600watts. The room is the same temperature, because I added a venting system, (blower going thru both lights and vented outside), Everything is the same except for lights and then here comes the problem. My AK 48 now is producing seeds at the end of it's cycle, just before harvest, (8 to 9 weeks, according to trichomes), it isn't a Hermi, isn't male, No pollen has been here or even near here. Other plants in the room are Perfect!! My question to you, Please, is this, Could it be possible that my plant likes a little shade, or Not so much 'Sunlight'??? I know that I have learned from my wife that some of her outdoor plants only like shade, while others like Full sunlight. That is why I'm asking this, I water every 4 days with plenty of water, that is how long it takes for the top of the soil to get dry, nutrients the same as before. Everything is the same as before except for a little more lighting. The other plants in the room, Siberian and OG Kush, are doing great, haven't harvested them yet, but they Look awesome, AK 48's looks great, then seed just before harvest.... I believe stress related. Now, what you got for me??....haha... and Thanks guys, I appreciate your help....Caregiver777.

Re: Stress is starting to seed AK 48....

Hey man sorry for your troubles, The answer is pretty simple pollen has entered your grow room man. There is no such thing as immaculate conception in the cannabis world. You sound like you know what to look for as far as hermies go, but maybe you missed a male flower some where deep up under the buds at the nodes or they could be hidden deep in the bud.
I know this doesnt change things but thats probably what happened.
good luck caregiver777

Re: Stress is starting to seed AK 48....

Thank you for your reply, my only comment on this is that there are other flowers in the same room and the AK 48's are the only ones affected. Could there be a stress problem from to much lights? That's the only thing that I've done is add another 600w to the room, so now it has 1200w...

Hmm... Wel,l i have had a plant, that was only showing female sex signals - and i believed it to be all female, she had swollen calyxes, 2 white pre-hairs etc; and had nice buds growing..
But when she was harvested, i ended up getting about 4 or 5 seeds out of all the buds? I thought that it was natural if a female plant is left to go to full maturity, passed peak harvest, to produce a few seeds?
IF this is not the case then she must have been part - HE!! But she only had those few seeds and all the rest of her growth was descriptive of a full female plant.. Unless as u queried, maybe some stress during flower caused it?? I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE..
Hope that you may only get a few seed off it rather than a bucket load! Godspeed, and happy harvesting. Smokemupm8

Hmm... Wel,l i have had a plant, that was only showing female sex signals - and i believed it to be all female, she had swollen calyxes, 2 white pre-hairs etc; and had nice buds growing..
But when she was harvested, i ended up getting about 4 or 5 seeds out of all the buds? I thought that it was natural if a female plant is left to go to full maturity, passed peak harvest, to produce a few seeds?
IF this is not the case then she must have been part - HE!! But she only had those few seeds and all the rest of her growth was descriptive of a full female plant.. Unless as u queried, maybe some stress during flower caused it?? I DO NOT KNOW FOR SURE..
Hope that you may only get a few seed off it rather than a bucket load! Godspeed, and happy harvesting. Smokemupm8

Thanks to all of you. I got rid of this strain, I figured it must have been weak and now I have Siberian and O.G. Kush and they are Beautiful.....

Back
Top Bottom