Stressed seeds vs. healthy seeds

vyserage

So the Blue Dream plant i ran out of seeds happen to get stressed enough to give me 7 or 8 seeds and possibly more in bud. My question is this.
Would a stressed seed be just as good as a seed from a plant who's purpose was for seeds?
would there be really any big difference in the productivity of the plants from those 2 kinds of seeds?

Thats a great question and I dont know the answer. It would take some sort of comparative grow.

The easy conclusion is that a stressed seed is somehow inferior, but thinking like the plant it could be opposite.

The plant is under stress enough that it triggers seed growth. It wants to continue the species desperately.

Its possible that those seeds are better, or as good as, a plant not under stress.

Im not certain that all the seeds on a seed plant are the same quality and genetics either.

Exactly! I wonder if this has ever been researched or had extensive tests done. Either way, doesnt hurt to have some spare seeds haha. I'm sure regardless if the genetics are a little weaker or just different, as long as you grow it to be healthy it'll give you decent to great quality bud!

I believe it is way more complicated.

Kind of like some women who smoke while pregnant don't have problems with their children.

There are a few fundamental knobs here to tweak that are hard to simultaneously control even if you knew them. I am certain people have tried not understanding a few things I will explain...and they have a confident opinion.

I used to breed and actually have an affinity to what quality mature seeds are.

First off good enough is good enough. It takes a bunch to make a viable seed. After a certain point it will be successful even with all kinds of stress and age. The more mature the better. But that has more to do with the ability to get started well assuming there is no retardation in the lack of maturity. Specifically a young or marginally under mature seed which has no specific retardation will be fine.

Now let's talk retarded genetics ...no wait not there yet.

Let's talk about poison. A poison is defined by its dose. Water will kill a human in enough quantity and you'd be surprised how little.

So one way of causing stress is a poison or lack of something causing a specific or multiple retardations. The issue for this is this is all about how bad and how long.

Specifically I brew a concoction that causes chemical stress in a plant which has great results unless I push it too far. Then it will cause a hermi. I can also back off and it stops.

Toxic conditions for long enough at the right times may cause a bad enough retardation. Depends on stage of maturation as well as the issue(s) /stresses.

Then you got parent genetics to add...are the stingy weak genetics easily flustered or is it a land race? Many plants are bad or hard to breed...some are worse than an F1 and totaly bunk. Many people realy have no idea if the bag seed they have is from anything reasonably strong.

So then there is environmental stresses that can similarly cause poor or partial maturatin.

The seed is the next stage of the fruit and just like the quality of the flower depends on a few things,... same goes the seed.

So in the end how bad is bad? Do you know that when you stressed the seed it was durring a phase that mattered for that stress...was it hard enough long enough? Was the strain weak enough to fail under those conditions in your room?

The answer is...the same as all other genetics on the planet.

If you tweak with it hard enough to mess up the DNA then you may have a problem.

Ya that's why I started this post, so many variables!

In my plants case it did mostly alright but had some deficiency' issues through its life. Had some high 95f heat for some warm evenings for a week when AC broke, which lead to all plants foxtailing but the BlueDream is only one to give seeds.
I also had some light shock a couple times when lights were on for 5 minutes to showcase.

What do u think of the seeds based on my plants life?

The seeds look perfect like store bought.

Those are fine issues. What you are describing are issues experienced naturally.

The heat stress is a bit much. So the issue is when for these stresses. If the defficiancy you speak of was in veg then no biggie.

These will likely be fine.

It comes down to maturity in a healthy flower. If the flower is healthy then you just need it to be there long enough.

Back
Top Bottom