Stu’s First Grow

Stu

Hello, I’m starting this journal as it has been recommended to me as I am 100% a new grower,these are my first seeds and first attempt at growing. I have been smoking for 15 yrs and with pot becoming legal in Canada I’ve decided to grow my 4 legal plants and then some

Goal is to get another tent lights etc and have a veg and flower tent but for now I just have the one tent, a 5x5

I am struggling with low humidity as is cold and dry in Canada where I am, so I have a beach towel 1/4 in a bucket of water and hanging and a humidifier in the tent and have been able to get up to 38% rh, temps are 75-80 lights on and around 70 with lights off, as I have a small ceramic heater in there, have one fan blowing on the plants and one up top that’s on only when the lights are on.

Seeds were germinated on nov 11 and all showed tap roots after 14 hrs in water then spent 2-3 days in paper towels and all looked great, put all in solo cups under crapy Saran Wrap domes for a couple days now they are under the light about 15” away.

What strain is it? 3 White Widow (ww),
3 Blue Cookies (bc) , 3 Jack Herer (jh)
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Seedlings
If in Veg... Week 1
If in Flower stage... No
Indoor- Yes
Soil- Yes
Soil- Gaia green and blue sky organics
I obviously don’t know what soil I like better so I’ll be doing 1 seed of each plant in the blue sky soil and 2 seeds in the Gaia
If soil... What size pot? 3g
Light? Led
Is it aircooled? Has fans Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 75-80 lights on 70 off
RH of Room/cab? Struggling for 40%
PH of media or res? I don’t know
Any Pests ? No
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used? Advanced nutrients
8FA0E0EE-D415-48A9-96A7-A9A811E800F7.jpeg

570DDCFF-51C1-47CD-9570-62B2DB4FE83B.jpeg

2BB5FE3F-3F3B-4206-AA5E-F5F72859F1FE.png
70E3A990-6CB9-4AEC-AE51-5F184B9A7F53.jpeg
6CF397B8-506B-4980-A24B-22DD027CC20A.jpeg
image.jpg

04663FDA-7A0B-449E-AD32-13759E5FE428.jpeg

B477FFF2-D5BB-4178-A0DB-DFA19F30DC7A.jpeg

image.jpg

Thanks for taking a look at my first post in my first journal, I spent a few weeks here as a guest just reading and decided to sign up, So glad I did! I’ve learned so much in my short time on this site and am so excited to get to learn more and become a legitimate grower who can hopefully become self sufficient one day. I’m looking for help along the way and to make some new friends on this lovely site. I’ve been following stinky snids grow journals in detail and will be attempting to train 3 of my plants, with his techniques.

STU

Attachments

• 307D915A-0677-4043-8BB9-6B712B5BFB9D.jpeg
    307D915A-0677-4043-8BB9-6B712B5BFB9D.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 147
You're off to a great start and it looks like you are doing everything right. The nutes look good too. I have used AN in the past and I'm using it again for my current grow that I started last weekend. It's good stuff. I'll be watching to see how yours goes.

Okay I got a molasses question.
When is it recommended to start mixing “blackstrap” molasses into my water mix, I’ve read lotsa different things here and I think the consensus is about 1 tbsp per gallon only on nute feeding days, does that sound correct? I don’t plan to start nutrients until after the fifth branch grows then I plan to top and start training them with wire as per stinky snids journals. I will continue to keep researching it more also.

Thx! Stu

Day 5 in soil
Blue cookies slightly behind and still under a small light
White widow and Jack Herer both under leds with both veg and bloom lights on- on 18-6 schedule
Small roots are peaking out of the bottoms of the cups already.

My question for today is do the ww, jh seem to be stretching to much? my light was at 15” but I’ve lowered it this am, it’s still cool at plant height, seedlings are 2” tall atm

Any insight is helpfull
Thanks!
B236AD45-B93F-4564-A0B3-7E80637D8CFC.jpeg

E26975C1-F9D8-4ACE-90F8-BBC21184CF54.jpeg

image.jpg

Okay thanks for the reply mate. I just went to my local hydro store and bought some more goodies and they lent me their par meter for the weekend so I’m going to do some light studing today, as I bought a cheap led on amazon and have no clue what the out put is 200w etc, will be interesting to find out what exactly I have so when I buy a second light I’ll have a better idea and also seen one of the sponsors lights here that really caught my eye
image.jpg

Molasses, while a bonus to feed the soil microbes, is not terribly necessary. If you want to do it, I would wait until 4-6 weeks old.

The molasses is just food, simple sugars, for those organisms. The idea is to improve the soil microbes to help the roots/soil microbes relationship to assist in nutrient transport and availability.

I think with bottled nutrients that relationship is less important. But I am no expert on the subject.

Molasses, while a bonus to feed the soil microbes, is not terribly necessary. If you want to do it, I would wait until 4-6 weeks old.

The molasses is just food, simple sugars, for those organisms. The idea is to improve the soil microbes to help the roots/soil microbes relationship to assist in nutrient transport and availability.

I think with bottled nutrients that relationship is less important. But I am no expert on the subject.

I spoke about it to my local hydro guy, and he basically confirmed what you stated UrbanAchiever, he said I can add it after 8 weeks or so if I want but not as necessary since I will be using both Sensi grow products for grow cycle and flower cycle, I have 2 more to buy for the flower cycle and also want to buy X Factor for the last weeks of flower. Last thing will be to get an upgraded light in the next 6 weeks.

Thx for the reply!

Thanks man, I have low expectations for this first run lol. But I’m studing and trying to start off right
That’s all you can do. Too many variables to figure until the plants are growing. Then there is the fact that growing is both skill and to a degree luck. It’s an evolving process that I believe has no true end.

heya canuk,,

slow and steady wins every race, every time,, with nutes anyway,,

couple things i noticed in the pics,,

the little sprouts are wet, drops of water on em,, and the cup has a purple tinge like led lights,,

one never wants to have wet plants under led's, or any lights for that matter,, make sure they are dry bfore they get reintroduced to the light,,

one other,, the towel draped in a pail of water for humidity,, tho that does add some degree of humidity to a small space,, if you take a smallish fan and direct the air at that towel,, well now you have a humidifier that is worth the effort,,

i have one just as described in my small flower space and it adds a good 20% to the rh,, a steady 20,, tho i need to refil and adjust the towel constantly,, but it works and made a significant noticeable difference to the size of my plants

cheers friend,,

P1160947.JPG

You have some great nutrients there. But you really don't need to use the Sensi Grow and the Connoisseur together. Most just use one or the other. Or you can switch off between the two every other feeding or so.
Here is the nutrient calculator for the Advanced Nutrients line. Just make a chart and print it and stick to it. They will come out great.
Nutrient Calculator | Feeding Schedule | Advanced Nutrients

Back
Top Bottom