Stu’s First Grow

It sure is a great community of people here.
One last pic to close out the night, a fun watering tonight, the light will live just outside the tent till sat, and I’m going to climitize by every night for 2-3 hrs putting them under the white lights, really don’t wanna burn or shock them, this is quite the difference in quality of light there getting now
449AA76F-D9E1-493E-9A24-1265E21F6F46.jpeg

Just been using Gaia Green 4-4-4 all purpose and have only 2-8-4 power bloom, dry admendents, what should I buy?

After the AN scare and soil change I have just stuck to those two things with one time I added glacial rock dust also

Yes I’ve read that of hers sadly no time to make that though.
After lots of reading and thoughts about how I want to continue to grow, I’ve read a lot on the different hydro’s, I thought coming into this first grow soil was gonna be a one time deal then onto hydro, but I like soil lol, I want to be able to spend less on pot ultimately so supporting a nute line for life at $55 bucks a Litre, I don’t want to do that, I live on a farm and have access to free manures and mulches and have the space to experiment with cooking different soils, and after a flip to reading a bunch on organic soil, talking to the guys in my local shop about it, as I’m in the Gaia Green living soil blend right now and I’m having fun learning about it and I believe a organic as possible grow is the way to go for me if I plan to grow for another 30-40 yrs :rofl: staying in soil will be the future for me, not to say I won’t buy a single bucket and try some hydro though as I’ve got $500 bucks worth of AN line sitting on my shelf :/

If you build a good living organic soil (LOS) you should be good all the way through harvest with a bit of top-dressing along the way. Some are really complicated with 10+ different ingredients to source and some are as simple as Retrix's current mix that's working well for him:
2 CU ft of Fox Farm Happy Frog.
2 Cups of build-a-soil Craft Blend Nutrient pack
4 Cups of build-a-soil Mineral Kit for Peatmoss

He's not in flower yet but top-dressing with earthworm castings and some other organics will probably do it.

That said, I can tell you that the transition from blurple to white can be hard on plants having seen a number of grows go sideways with deficiencies when switched midstream, including my Sour G.

I think the most important thing is not to get hung up on organic this or LOS that. Most important is to get the plant what it needs and not turn a great grow into a crispy one by hanging onto the ideal of what type of grow it is. If you can find organic cal-mag that's great, but if the plants start showing you deficiencies, give them what they need however you can, and worry about correcting the soil construction or the trueness of the organic grow on the next one when you can get it more dialed in or won't be switching lights in the middle.

\rant

:)

Some are really complicated with 10+ different ingredients to source and some are as simple as Retrix's current mix that's working well for him:
2 CU ft of Fox Farm Happy Frog.
2 Cups of build-a-soil Craft Blend Nutrient pack
4 Cups of build-a-soil Mineral Kit for Peatmoss

Cool I’ve really just been reading van stank and Emilya’s journals so far this grow is what it is, your right if I can find organic I will if not I’ll buy whatever’s on the shelf.

That said, I can tell you that the transition from blurple to white can be hard on plants having seen a number of grows go sideways with deficiencies when switched midstream, including my Sour G.

Yes yes that worries me highly, if the plants react weird before sat with the light change if I notice anything I’ll most likely stick to what there used to with the purples for this grow, That sorta worries me though as the plan was to use old purple lights for veg and new light for flower.... hmmmmm maybe a few more strip lites are in gonna be needed and use the smallest light in the cloner area ugh lol.... I’ll tackle that some other day. See how they react till sat then I’ll see :thumb:

And yep plan will be to make soil in the spring if this grow goes well I’ll be doing another identical grow less 3 plants but same strains so I can get hopefully some stock of weed in case I completely botch a grow which I’m sure will happen sometime

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom