Stuck it in some dirt and letting it grow.

eeee.

that's not good! put a towel underneath the door or something.

how long was that leaking?

and if you can spare some cash, get an HPS for flowering, ($80 for 400w), it'll help tremendously, but then you need to worry about heat.

I've always kinda wondered about the whole like leakage thing. I mean, at night the moon puts out quite a bit of light...and plants seem to do fine like that.

eeee.

that's not good! put a towel underneath the door or something.

how long was that leaking?

and if you can spare some cash, get an HPS for flowering, ($80 for 400w), it'll help tremendously, but then you need to worry about heat.

Where can you get an 400w HPS at for $80??!!!?!?!:hmmmm:

Judging from where you have the light placed in this picture...

4-26-07.jpg

I would speculate that it is in fact the placement of yor light that is destroying your lower leaves. Heat stress from the light is causing burns, drying, and curling of the leaves located on the side closest to the light.

I would not use MG soil. Because it has fertilizer already in it there is very little room to play with the nutrient levels without the risk of fertilizer burn. It is always better to start with un-fertilized soil and customize what nutrients you wish to add during the different stages of growth. I would say the stem color is because of a Phosphorus deficiency. When the plant goes to flower, it uptakes more of this nutrient from the soil. This is why it stands to reason that the purple stems are becoming more apparent in the beginning stages of flowering than they were in the veg. stages of growth.

My advice, hang your light(s) over the top of your plant, do not put them on the ground facing up. Also, get yourself some fish and kelp emulsion and use this in low doses to correct the phosphorus deficiency. Use it carefully and in low concentrations and monitor the plants response to the added fertilizer.

Attention to detail is everything when growing- Organic New York City Diesel

RooRMAN - I dunno bro it doesn't look like burns to me. Looks more like some kind of fungus, if you notice the second set of leaves, going from the bottom, it seems almost unphased and perfectly healthy yet the leaf above it and below it are both showing signs of deficiency. Correct me if i'm wrong but doesn't a burn cause a leaf to some what "wilt" or shrivel up and the whole thing turns brown and dies b/c its dried out? I see holes, burns don't cause holes, I thought bugs cause holes. Please if i'm wrong correct me, i'm just trying to help and better my knowledge of cannabis. :allgood:

As far as miraclegro, I totally agree w/ RooRMAN, your plant is much more sensitive to nutes when growing in this "STUFF".

here a few more updated pics. :cheesygrinsmiley:
DSCN2294.jpg

DSCN2289.jpg

DSCN2284.jpg

The plant overall seems to be really healthy (except for those 2-3 leaves that came out mutated near the bottom) At last measure it was 31 inches tall, and starting to develop a few pistils at the bud sites. In the last picture it looks like the plant isn't getting much light, but if you see it in person its lit up really bright, the camera tends to darken the image because of the brightness of the bulbs being in the picture.

Looks Great man!

Thanks man. Also, I've started to notice how the leaves are actually looking more sativa than indica, I'm guessing that if its a sativa that might explain why its taking so long to produce buds...if I remember correctly the sativas have a long ass flowering time. Correct me if I'm wrong. We aren't really sure what strain this plant is because its just bagseed.

take picture from directly above one of the leaves so we can see the exact shape / size of it and we'll be able to tell

if it's bagseed, it's more than likely a mix.

great job though!

congrats on the female =]

The lights were so close, I could not help but guess that the damage was from the heat of the lights. If the plants were ever outside, yes the "holes" in the leaves could be from bugs, but they would most likely stick around if they found a good source of food. The holes could just as easily be from light burning threw it or some rough handling.

With all those leaves on the plant it could just as easily be a nitrogen deficiency as anything else. If you are not feeding a plant that big on a periodic basis then I would doubt the MG in the soil would sustain it for very long. When the plant is flowering it eats ALOT. I would argue it is better to overfeed slightly and burn the tips of the fan leaves to determine it's feeding threshold then let it suffer a deficiency of any kind.

The fact that the plant is growing tall and skinny and has sharp narrow fan leaves indeed shows that it is most likely a Sativa dominant strain/pheonotype.

Thanks for the replies guys. I uploaded a pic of the whole plant from above, just waiting for image approval. Also, we got some Fox Farms Big Bloom today and fed it some according to what the bottle said. Anyways, quick question about the big bloom, I noticed it says its NPK is .01-.3-.7
Isn't that kind of weak when others like tiger bloom is NPK 2-8-4?

It's all about the proportions. You could probably feed the max dose of Big Bloom to the plant without burning. This would probably be about the equivelent of Tiger Bloom at 1/2 strength. Also, the lower nutritional values would allow for more frequent feedings.

Thanks for the replies guys. I uploaded a pic of the whole plant from above, just waiting for image approval. Also, we got some Fox Farms Big Bloom today and fed it some according to what the bottle said. Anyways, quick question about the big bloom, I noticed it says its NPK is .01-.3-.7
Isn't that kind of weak when others like tiger bloom is NPK 2-8-4?

When you use the big bloom,or any FF nutes please always remember to wet the soil down nice n' good b/f you add nutes b/c the roots will burn from that stuff, I believe, if its poured onto dry roots. There is a thread about this somewhere on here. I'll try and find it. :allgood:

FUCK ALCOHOL!!! I've been out of a job for a whjieso I hoaven't smoked any pot (so I could pas a drug tes) and I'v been depressed so I turned to alcohol (becuase its leagal) to try to ease the pain of depression and it does a fuckin horrible job. I proably just lost the last firends I had because of alcohol. I wish pot was cuckin' leagle so I wouldn't have to deal with this shit. Fuck alcohol. I'm out...for goood.

^ ^ ^
Alcohol is a depressive.

Wouldn't think of drinking alcohol for too many reasons to list, except for one I will list: It's damn f***ing sneaky--can't be trusted at all.

Man, I'm sorry to hear this. Look man just push the damn job back a couple days and got get you a nice lil doobie, blunt, or bowl (whatever you smoke) and light up bro cause it sounds like you could use it. Alcohol should never be used to treat depression b/c like julianne said, its a depressant and it won't make you feel better. Unless your in a desperate need of money a.s.a.p. I say just forget the job for another week and ease your pains bro, being happy with yourself in life should ALWAYS come b/f work and if you need marijuana to treat your depression then do it!

man, I really wish I could smoke again but I honestly cant because I've got probably around $2,000 worth of bills coming up and I'm completely broke. So, I have to find a job soon. Once I get the job I'll be able to smoke again, so thats something to look forward too. But anyways, last night I got a 6 pack of Steel Reserve because 1, its cheap, and 2 its strong. Drinking a 6 pack of Steel Reserve would be about the same as drinking about 15 bud lights. I didn't think about that and I had some friends over and drank all 6. I was feeling pretty damn good but then all of a sudden I just kinda...did a complete 180 from being happy and talkative. No idea why...nothing bad happened and nobody said or did anything bad I just felt like I had been crushed. Who knows, from now on if I decide to drink I'll just stick to 2 or 3 instead of all 6.

Back
Top Bottom