Stuck it in some dirt and letting it grow.

ChezNoff

Didn't really plan this out or anything, just took a random seed and stuck it in some dirt, sat it out in the sun and letting it grow. Its been growing for almost a month.

DSCN2007_Medium_.JPG

DSCN2010_Medium_.JPG

DSCN2021.JPG

DSCN2022.JPG

DSCN2053.JPG

DSCN2061_Medium_.JPG

DSCN2070.JPG

DSCN2074.JPG

DSCN2075.JPG

Setup-
Soil - Miracle Grow 30 day slow release
lights - The sun

The plants alive and growing pretty quick, but is there anything I should do to help it out some? Make it look a little healthier. Like I said earlier this wasn't really a planned grow, just wanted to see if it'd grow. But now I'm getting into this whole growing thing and really want to help this plant get as healthy as I can and maybe even get a somewhat decent yield from it. :bong:

2 more pics:
DSCN2076.JPG

DSCN2077.JPG

Also, can anyone tell if this is a Sativa or Indica? Its growing from just a random seed out of some low grade brick weed.

well if you got the seed out of some brick weed you should know what it is....what was the high like? if it was a head high then the strain is sativa if you were on petes couch for 11 hours then it was an indica if it was somewhere in the middle its a cross...and indicas tend to have wider fatter leaves then sativas sativas usually have skinny leaves unless they were crossed with an indica type plant they they will be in between

It was a decent high, nothing spectacular. I don't really have a whole lot to compare the high too, I've mostly only smoked brick weed. $60 an ounce. I have smoked some better bud that I got a while back that was 1000x better than the brick weed. I've uploaded a pic of the other bud..just waiting for approval.

I'm guessing the brick weed that I got the seed from was an Indica Sativa mix. 1 hit would get you buzzed, but you'd have to smoke a whole bowl to get ripped. When I smoked a bowl the high lasted about 4 1/2 hours. The high was a mix between a head high and a body high :smokin:

Ok, image accepted. Out of the weed I've smoked this was the best. It only took 1 hit, and it had a really spicy flavor.
45e7bfb1d366d.jpg

hey man...looks good...just curious as to what your temps are during the day and night.

thanks! :smokin:

When I planted them (March 19) it was usually around 75 degrees during the day, there was one time when the temps dropped down to 30 degrees for 2 days straight, which I brought the plant inside. Recently its been around 75-80 during the day and mid 50's at night. :bongrip: During the day I have the plant out in direct sunlight.

Updated pics. Transplanted into a larger pot, added some bat guano to the mix.

DSCN2085.JPG

DSCN2086.JPG

There doesn't seem to be much branching occurring. Any ideas why? Plant turned 1 month old on 4-19

:laughtwo: So you finally decided to start pulling some weight in YOUR plants grow journal. Good deal.

Update: The plant belongs to EmHDarilek, a friend of mine, he didn't want to sign up earlier but wanted some questions answered about the plants growth so I told him I'd start a grow journal as if the plant were my own.

Very nice setup, its too bad you didnt have it on those lights from birth, if you try again, use that setup bro! :allgood:

EmHDarilek just let me know that the plant is putting off a very strong smell. He said the entire room smells, and all outside the hallway. I always thought they only smelt during budding.

Got some new pics from 7-24 and 7-26. It appears as if the plant is growing faster and fuller under CFL's than in natural sunlight. :cheesygrinsmiley: Just waiting for image approval.

Heres the pics: :allgood:

4-24-07.jpg

4-24-07a.jpg

4-26-07.jpg

4-26-07a.jpg

4-26-07b.jpg

4-26-07c.jpg

EmHDarilek is out of town for the weekend, but he told me that before he left he obtained another CFL at 6500K color temp. So now I belive he's got a total of 5 CFLs in all.

Little update. First of all, ITS A GIRL.
577.jpg

Heres a picture of it after about a week of 12/12. Its growing like mad, stretching almost an inch a day.
597.jpg

There was a slight problem with the plant where a few of the leaves came out looking all mutated, but its already in the 12/12 cycle and we were told not to do any cutting while in 12/12, so we just decided to leave them on the plant. They're green and growing just as fast as the other leaves...they just look fucked up.

if they start to just look plain dead, you could cut them off so the plant doesn't waste energy trying to grow them, and puts more into budding.

it could be heat, light, soil, water, nutes, or any other various problem.

how often are you watering it?

if it curls up, it tends to be too much water, but it's curling down it seems, maybe not enough water?

Its actually rather odd, because only a small group of leaves grew deformed. Even though they look deformed they're still just as green and just as large as the rest of the fan leaves on the opposite side...they just look like mutants. The plant is growing really fast, its getting pretty tall. I'm 6'1 and it comes up to my waist. Its almost 4 weeks into 12/12 now and there are pistils, but not nearly as much as other plants I've seen after a month of flowering. I'm thinking its probably a nutrient problem because it hasn't been fed any, other than some bat guano that was good for vegetative growth.

what type of light are you using? and is it getting COMPLETE darkness in the 12 hours of dark?

maybe it's just a slow flowering strain, what strain is it?

Back
Top Bottom