Students for Sensible Drug Policy Discussion

MTUBoarder420

A friend of mine recently started a new chapter of SSDP at Michigan Tech. I'm aware that there are over 100 other chapters out there & was wondering if any1 on here is an active member?

If your not aware of what SSDP is, its a nationaly recognized student organization to promote sensible drug policies not only in universities, But also to spread the truth about prohibition and the war on drugs and how it has affected our society.

This thread is ment to spark discussion about SSDP or anything related to the war on drugs and prohibition.

My opinion is that the War on drugs is a complete failure & waste of money. Billions have already been spent to stop drugs & yet still international illicit drug business generates over 400 billion annually. Constitutional liberties and rights continue to be compromised in the name of the drug war. 100,000 Students have lost college financial aid due to the drug war (Higher Education Act). In the U.S. over 25% of prison inmates are there for non-violent drug charges. There were over 730,000 marijuana arrests last year, they were people just like you and me.

NO ONE IS WINNING THE DRUG WAR! WE'RE ALL LOSING!

I'm on the social committee and any suggestions on how to help promote SSDP would be greatly appreciated. :allgood:

the drug war was made to keep kids off of drugs when it is acctually making it easyer drug dealers dont ask for id. weed should be regulated like tabacco for people 18 and older.

i think tony bliar and george bush should get together, and get stoned, take a look at what life is realy like, then leagalize it! b4 they quit politics, by a plot of land and start to grow some erb' then, they will shift so many key out around the world.
u know am high!!!

i dont know what i think on this subject, yeah look at amdam they legalized and shits fine there but. it is a pretty small place compared to the usa so things could get outof hand but u never know so i dont know hwta to do here

Back
Top Bottom