Stunted growth why wont she grow?

Optimus PrimeBud

She is 11 days old and looks the same as a 3 day old? whats going on please someone help me out is it the light? soil? I've tried everything most peoples plants have a ton on nodes. Also she was 4 inches tall i transplanted her and burried her to about 1 1/2 inches now. Please help!

DSC_1737.JPG

DSC_1739.JPG

DSC_1740.JPG

DSC_1738.JPG

Feminized Lemon Skunk strain
Indica/sativa?
#2 plants
Vegetative
Vegetative Stage... 11 days
Indoor
Soil
MG indoor soil mix
6" pot
27watt..only 1 about 2 inches from the plant
fan running onw medium 24/7 not directly on the plant
Temperature of Room/Cabinet 75 degrees
RH of Room?
PH of Medium ?
no pests
watered 2 times a day morning and night
medium size closet

Well to give you an idea of light this is what I used in a 2 x 2 area to germinate and then veg for 3 weeks. I made a fixture with 4 x 27 watt cfl all in the 6500k range, and 1 x 42 watt 2700k for a total of 5 lights. The one in the center was all by itself and the ones on each end of the fixture where on a y splitter so I could run two lights from one socket. I ran them about 4 inches from the tops on the first week then lowered it to 3 inches after that.

As for your soil I think your in trouble. I believe the indoor MG soil mix has time release nutes added to them. Chances are this was another reason why you experienced stunted growth. Seedlings hate to have hot soil. By hot soil I mean nutes added to the soil in early growth. Straight phed water is what you want in the very beginning. I'm also supprised the baby didn't show nute burn. Your best bet is to use organic soil with no time release nutes in it. Stuff like Happy Frog, or Fox Farms is excellent. Any soil with time release nutes in it will totally throw a monkey wrench into your grow sooner or later. Most of the time it happens sooner right in the beginning.

As for watering your doing it way way WAY to much. When I had mine in small cups like 12 ozers I believe I watered maybe once a day right when the lights came on. Most of the time I watered every other day. Make sure you give your little baby a good soaking then let it dry out pretty much all the way then rewater. If you water to much you stand a chance of stunting growth to out right killing your baby due to drowning or root rot from stagnet water in the bottom of your pot. The best way to tell is pick up your pot when it's dry and remember the weight. Then see how heavy it is after you water. Never water if your pot is still heavy or your plant will hate on you. They absolutly love a complete wet / dry cycle.

As for airflow it would be nice if you could have a fan at light level to wick away the heat from the bulb. The biggest problem with those reflectors is they hold heat. When they are on all day long its really hard to keep the light as low as you want it with out making it to hot for the babies. Only running 1 or 2 lights it wont be as brutal heat wise. Once you start expanding with more cfl's you will notice the heat buildup bigtime.

Other then the things I mentioned about I think your ok right now. Although you might want to look into ph testing your water before you feed your plants. Later down the line when you add nutes this will be especially important. Some nutes are ph neutral but alot are not. If you use the ones that are not and you don't ph your water solution before then you will really hurt your plants. So make sure you read up on ph testing your water / nutes for soil grows.

If you can think of any other questions or conserns just reply. I'll see if I can help out some. :thumb:

Ok so honestly will my plant even make it? is it worth spending so much time trying to keep her alive or should i start over? I just germinated my other seed and put her in the same soil last night should i try and dig her up and put her in rockwool or will this kill her?

As for the light are the fixtures cheap to buy as in the whole set? I'm afraid to DIY because im not an electrician and don't want to mess up and cause a fire. I'm taking any suggestions so thank you for your post. Also as for the PH how does that work? if i get a reader and the ph is high what do I do how do I fix it?

if you got the money just go to home depot and buy a 42watt cfl 9.00 bucks + tax bring light home plug in to your reflector don't--don't water so much and raise the light it dont have to be 2 inches from your plant 12" to 18 " away from your plants and your good

Ok I've done everything I can for now and I am building a DIY cfl fixture tonight. When can i expect some actual growth its day 12 and still nothing she is no bigger still has the same size leaves with 2 smaller ones on the inside which aren't getting any bigger either. Is it normal for these plants to take so long to grow? I just got some santa strain auto flowering seeds and I hope the grow and don't get stunted like the lemon skunk I have now

Anyone? time is of the essence here lol

hi mate your stunted growth comes from over watering in my opinion let the soil dry out if it takes a day or a week let it dry before you water again.....as the soil drys out the roots will then start to search for water in the soil which makes them bigger and stronger.....the better root system the plant has the more growth you will see..........hope this helps.......weedtastic

Ok I will try and let her dry out. Will she start growing as she drys out or the next time I water her? I'm just worried something is already wrong with her given her size and all. I really hope she will make it. Does she look healthy though?

Ok so its been a learning experience to say the least. Again I've switched up my arraignment without shocking the plants to much. My older plant is showing signs of growing again its slow but at least its not dead. And I have a newly sprouted seedling great me this fine night :) I can already see the team looks much thicker and I'm growing her right this time 2 27w cfl lights about 3 1/2 in above her no nutes at all I got a ph tester and my water is around 6.7, I have a digital light timer running 18/6 I am hoping this grow goes much better then my earlier attempt also this weekend I will be building a DIY cfl fixture with a total of 4 27w lights! Please leave feed back as to what you think!

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/DSC_1741.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/DSC_1742.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/DSC_1743.JPG

https://www.420magazine.com/gallery/data/504/DSC_1744.JPG

Back
Top Bottom