Stunted plant growth

Oh hey one other thing...and this might be extreme for you also, but that thing is tall enough to top down a long ways which would give you 4 main shoots...grow to 5 nodes then top at 2nd node or soemthing right @Emilya?
topping is a science and the results are mostly predictable.

If you wait till now, when there are 5 nodes showing, and you top between nodes 2 and 3, you end up with 4 main kolas along with enough older leaves to really jump start this cut, even being such a drastic one.

if you top between nodes 3 and 4, it acts much like a FIM. Sometimes you can get 4 or even 5 main nodes after a prolonged "stress" time as the plant tries to figure things out, and oftentimes this cut will lead to 3 main kolas.

if you top between nodes 4 and 5 or anywhere higher on the plant, it splits that growth node and you end up with two main shoots.

After alternating nodes are seen, topping the end of any growth tip, splits that growth tip into two.

topping is a science and the results are mostly predictable.

If you wait till now, when there are 5 nodes showing, and you top between nodes 2 and 3, you end up with 4 main kolas along with enough older leaves to really jump start this cut, even being such a drastic one.

if you top between nodes 3 and 4, it acts much like a FIM. Sometimes you can get 4 or even 5 main nodes after a prolonged "stress" time as the plant tries to figure things out, and oftentimes this cut will lead to 3 main kolas.

if you top between nodes 4 and 5 or anywhere higher on the plant, it splits that growth node and you end up with two main shoots.

After alternating nodes are seen, topping the end of any growth tip, splits that growth tip into two.
Ok I did it I took the top two nodes off on the two plants. I felt bad as some new ones were coming out. I hope I did it right.

Attachments

• E579113C-885D-4F8E-9A19-BF00D0A39F8E.jpeg
    E579113C-885D-4F8E-9A19-BF00D0A39F8E.jpeg
    769.2 KB · Views: 66
That should help bush them out quite a bit. When you top, not only does it split that top node, but it also accelerates the growth of all the lower nodes. You should see a big difference in just a couple of days.

I also find myself concerned about the downturned leaves in the right hand plant. This plant has every indication of overwatering. Are you watering correctly?

That should help bush them out quite a bit. When you top, not only does it split that top node, but it also accelerates the growth of all the lower nodes. You should see a big difference in just a couple of days.

I also find myself concerned about the downturned leaves in the right hand plant. This plant has every indication of overwatering. Are you watering correctly?
Yes I transplanted that one today so I think it’s a bit stressed plus I topped it, double stress. I think perhaps adding nutrients and watering may have not been so wise. I will leave it to dry out and hopefully it will adjust. It was the bigger plant, and it’s inner leaves are coming along, while the other is just not performing. I hope I didn’t ruin the poor babies

it is quite a bit to do all at once to a plant... she is showing you her shocked look. It is always appropriate to merge the old and new soils on a transplant with a complete saturation watering, but adding nutrients was not the wisest move if you just added fresh soil too. The leaf indications could be from overfertilization. Please read and study for meaning the last paragraph of my signature lines.

it is quite a bit to do all at once to a plant... she is showing you her shocked look. It is always appropriate to merge the old and new soils on a transplant with a complete saturation watering, but adding nutrients was not the wisest move if you just added fresh soil too. The leaf indications could be from overfertilization. Please read and study for meaning the last paragraph of my signature lines.
Yup the old soil was there, I actually kept it as is made enough space in the new soil to put the old one in. She is a fighter, she’ll make it (i hope ). Yes ur para is true.. I will be wiser moving forward.

Yup the old soil was there, I actually kept it as is made enough space in the new soil to put the old one in. She is a fighter, she’ll make it (i hope ). Yes ur para is true.. I will be wiser moving forward.
You will be fine I think... just get into the zen of it all and stop moving so fast around your plant. I also invite you to read my link on how to properly water... this document has saved so many new grows that I lost track years ago. I also forgot my manners and failed to welcome you to our forum! I am glad you found us @Teebud and I look forward to seeing how this grow turns out.
:welcome:

You will be fine I think... just get into the zen of it all and stop moving so fast around your plant. I also invite you to read my link on how to properly water... this document has saved so many new grows that I lost track years ago. I also forgot my manners and failed to welcome you to our forum! I am glad you found us @Teebud and I look forward to seeing how this grow turns out.
:welcome:
Awww aren’t u the sweetest bud ever! Thank you @Emilya really appreciate the warm welcome and of course your help. I will refrain from doing anything until I see how it goes for the next few days. And I will definetly check out your document on watering.. I have been good so far think last week I did tend to water as it was awfully humid. Think that’s what got them.

Oh and I meant to ask, should I use an insect repellent I read somewhere that I should. You might be a better person to ask.

Ok I did it I took the top two nodes off on the two plants. I felt bad as some new ones were coming out. I hope I did it right.
Looks like you may have a clone there from that cutting, bottom left of the picture.

Awww aren’t u the sweetest bud ever! Thank you @Emilya really appreciate the warm welcome and of course your help. I will refrain from doing anything until I see how it goes for the next few days. And I will definetly check out your document on watering.. I have been good so far think last week I did tend to water as it was awfully humid. Think that’s what got them.

Oh and I meant to ask, should I use an insect repellent I read somewhere that I should. You might be a better person to ask.
I don't like adding anything to the plants that I would be afraid to smoke later on, and this definitely includes pesticides. I use a natural method that strengthens the leaves themselves and makes them able to fight off insect and other attacks by spraying my leaves with active microbial teas and serums such as my lactobacillus serum. I don't even get tomato worms outside anymore... this stuff drives them away.

Also, if you are interested in cloning that cutting... here is an easy method:

I don't like adding anything to the plants that I would be afraid to smoke later on, and this definitely includes pesticides. I use a natural method that strengthens the leaves themselves and makes them able to fight off insect and other attacks by spraying my leaves with active microbial teas and serums such as my lactobacillus serum. I don't even get tomato worms outside anymore... this stuff drives them away.

Also, if you are interested in cloning that cutting... here is an easy method:
Ohhhhh... yah I will do that.. dig it out of the trash then

Ohhhhh... yah I will do that.. dig it out of the trash then
The issue is with the cloning method is getting supplies around here. The stones are hard to find, I think I came across this (your method) before and ain’t simple to find. Any sub for the stone? Sponge perhaps? What do I know .. bare with me, I will get good at this in no time!

I make clones in cheap unfertilized soil, just moistened in a starter cup and made a little hole, dropped a scissor tip full of root powder in the hole, nice gob of powder on clone, mist dome them for a while, seems to work just fine. Too good.

I made some recently in the root riot cubes given to me, I don't really like them but I don't have the right holder and found them a PITA to keep wet very easily. I got some rooters from them but I also lost some.

Hi guys, it’s been a few weeks and wanted to share progress. @Emilya I took all ur advice and followed direction to a T. However since topping and potting my plants into bigger containers the one in the brown pot (which was doing so well) has shriveled up. I haven’t been watering as soil is still damp, just not sure what to do with it, or if will survive. They have been outdoors and in veg state for a while. They get around 14 hours of light.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, as always.

Attachments

• 2A656672-A46A-4BFC-B06A-8A3105518059.jpeg
    2A656672-A46A-4BFC-B06A-8A3105518059.jpeg
    529.1 KB · Views: 60
  • BA178FBE-CCE7-466E-8D90-2B659FE11818.jpeg
    BA178FBE-CCE7-466E-8D90-2B659FE11818.jpeg
    587.8 KB · Views: 59
wow... yep, something different in that container. Is there drainage in the bottom? It looks like water has been pooling in there, shutting off the lower roots. Rocks in the bottom of the container maybe? Very odd... you have me perplexed.
The is drainage and holes are all clear. Nothing at the bottom. It’s very odd, she was doing so well before the transplant. If ur perplexed imagine how I feel!

well, her remaining leaves are pointing to the roots... there is something going on down there. Are you sure you are letting her use all the water in there before you water again? How long is the wet/dry cycle on that one? The one next to it looks just the opposite... what is her wet/dry cycle?
They’re both getting the exact same treatment. I usually check before watering stick my finger in until the knuckle, if it’s dry I water. If her roots are pooling should I do something? I am so upset she’s not doing well, although some new leaves are coming out, she’s just frail. Poor thing.

Back
Top Bottom