Stunted plant growth

They’re both getting the exact same treatment. I usually check before watering stick my finger in until the knuckle, if it’s dry I water. If her roots are pooling should I do something? I am so upset she’s not doing well, although some new leaves are coming out, she’s just frail. Poor thing.
oh... well there is the problem then.

I thought you said you were following my method to a T. Sticking your finger in the top as far down as you could get it would still not tell you what you need to know about the water pooling in the bottom. If you water when it is dry way up there, it can still have a huge pool of water sitting in the bottom and when you water again, you simply refresh that lake. Your lower roots have been underwater for a long while now... and this is the entire cause of your problem.
You absolutely must let the plant dry out the container all the way down into the last inch of the container. This pulls oxygen down deep into the soil and provides it to the roots. The LIFT the pot method is the best way to determine if this has happened. If your human senses can discern ANY water weight at all in that container by lifting it, nudging it or lifting up one corner... it is not yet time to water. If you want to stick something in there to determine the actual water level, your finger is not long enough... get a 1/4" wood dowel and stick it all the way to the bottom. The residual water on that dipstick when you pull it out will tell you exactly where the level of the water table has fallen to, and you need to wait until it has fallen into the last inch of the container before watering.

oh... well there is the problem then.

I thought you said you were following my method to a T. Sticking your finger in the top as far down as you could get it would still not tell you what you need to know about the water pooling in the bottom. If you water when it is dry way up there, it can still have a huge pool of water sitting in the bottom and when you water again, you simply refresh that lake. Your lower roots have been underwater for a long while now... and this is the entire cause of your problem.
You absolutely must let the plant dry out the container all the way down into the last inch of the container. This pulls oxygen down deep into the soil and provides it to the roots. The LIFT the pot method is the best way to determine if this has happened. If your human senses can discern ANY water weight at all in that container by lifting it, nudging it or lifting up one corner... it is not yet time to water. If you want to stick something in there to determine the actual water level, your finger is not long enough... get a 1/4" wood dowel and stick it all the way to the bottom. The residual water on that dipstick when you pull it out will tell you exactly where the level of the water table has fallen to, and you need to wait until it has fallen into the last inch of the container before watering.
It’s a pretty deep pot and I did go as far down as virtually possible. I way lay off watering for a while as instructed. Just makes no sense since the other one is in the same type of pot and is doing great. Remember that that was the one that was stunted? So weird... really appreciate ur help!

It’s a pretty deep pot and I did go as far down as virtually possible. I way lay off watering for a while as instructed. Just makes no sense since the other one is in the same type of pot and is doing great. Remember that that was the one that was stunted? So weird... really appreciate ur help!
The other one is in a significantly larger pot, and that has provided you with a buffer, but that does explain its size. It is not thriving as well as you think it is as it could be a lot more complex by now, and it did stunt. Please read my sticky thread on how to properly water. It will help you understand what is going on and keep from getting in this situation in the future. The lift method... its the way to manage a weed.

The other one is in a significantly larger pot, and that has provided you with a buffer, but that does explain its size. It is not thriving as well as you think it is as it could be a lot more complex by now, and it did stunt. Please read my sticky thread on how to properly water. It will help you understand what is going on and keep from getting in this situation in the future. The lift method... its the way to manage a weed.
Are you saying that I won’t reap the fruit of my poor labour? In the future? Near future? I will go through ur material again, I thought I was doing so well. Veg stage started in May now it’s august and they’re just gotten worse I guess. Will dry them out completely and hope something will happen before end of the season and time change. So disappointed in myself.. sorry, just saying.

its ok... there is still plenty of time to recover and have a great harvest! Keep calm, and just let them get on track.
:morenutes:
Hahah love the emojis.. ok keep calm and keep growing . And reading @Emilya s lessons. I am a first time grower long time user, so am hoping this will come to life. Will check back in when I have a progress report, thanks so much for ur valuable input.

Back
Top Bottom