Stunted vertical growth - SCROG - COCO - Diamond Series LED - 1st grow

bzig

4 total plans: 2 Dr. Jekyll Kush (60% Indica 40% Sativa ) and 2 Pink Kush (Unknown)
Indoor grow in Coco (75% coco, 25% perlite)
Lighting with a Diamond Series 300w LED
Temp range during light cycle is between 65-80
RH of cabinet: 60-75 ( I have a dehumidifier on the way, been using damprid in the mean time)
ph of nutes: 5.8
Watering every other day
PPMx500 @ 1000
using Van de Zwan Coco A and B
In a 4ftx4ftx6ft cab
compressed c02 supplementation @ 1300 ppm
Controlled by a environmental controller

Week 6.5 of flowering
plants vegged for 6 weeks

My plants have next to no vertical growth above my SCROG. I'm late into flowering and need assistance on what to change for the next crop as my yield has already suffered dramatically as the buds are not growing more then 5 inches above the screen.

My screen is 20 inches above my soil. I have done a lot of trimming to allow light to all bud areas, can excessive trimming cause vertical growth to stop? Is the high humidity causing the plants to stop growing upwards?

My light is 20 inches above the canopy.

Any help or guidance will be appreciated, photos below but my camera is crap. Should be getting a new one shortly for better pictures.

Thanks!

P1110070.JPG

P1110073.JPG

P1110074.JPG

P1110071.JPG

Yes, It is possible to slow them if youre heavily trimming over the flower period as it takes time to heal. I try to take a few here and there over the grow, And before flower I set her out as I LST kind of like an LST, I strip growth below the main canopy - So most of the trimming I will also stagger, taking 1 leaf from 1 branch and 1 from another, only taking ones if theyre blocking growth/direct light to bud shoots..
You still may get a surprise, the buds may be quite dense so you still may get good harvest I hope?
I dont hydro, so cant be too specific, but thats my thought s on trimming. It may slow them a bit or hermie... Some times it does not much??
Hope it goes well, Smokemup..

Yes, It is possible to slow them if youre heavily trimming over the flower period as it takes time to heal. I try to take a few here and there over the grow, And before flower I set her out as I LST kind of like an LST, I strip growth below the main canopy - So most of the trimming I will also stagger, taking 1 leaf from 1 branch and 1 from another, only taking ones if theyre blocking growth/direct light to bud shoots..
You still may get a surprise, the buds may be quite dense so you still may get good harvest I hope?
I dont hydro, so cant be too specific, but thats my thought s on trimming. It may slow them a bit or hermie... Some times it does not much??
Hope it goes well, Smokemup..

Thanks for your insight... I did heavy trimming though out the flowering cycle... I say about 3 shopping bags full throughout the 7 weeks of flower, now that I look at it, it may have been excessive. Will try reducing substantially next time around.

On the good side, the buds are extremely dense, just no vertical height as I anticipated.

Yeah well least you got some good buds!!
And I took about 3 oz of leaf and branch from her over her grow, maybe bit more, but now Ive left at least the top 3 or 4 levels of fan leaves and removed most below and she is growing well..
So maybe try just trimming over the week, a few leaves here n there that maybe blocking any shoots under neath and such.
Take it easy and enjoy your weed mate:) Smokem...

Back
Top Bottom