Stupid questions and opinion on forum

Bacondoggy

I always used my computer for forum search and posting. I am trying to use my cell phone (galaxy s6) it works but how do I post a picture? The easiest way with a phone? Do I need to find a site and upload the image somewhere else, and THEN send the url/link, or is there and easier/quicker way? I know forums are all slightly different, this is what I noticed here that seems questionable:

I also do not understand why I cannot send a pm to someone until I get 50 posts. I believe this would encourage people to make up pointless postings just to get to that number. Same with a note (25 I believe). I wasted a lot of time making a couple and I am not allowed to post it.

Miscellaneous : I have too much time on my hands and very strong opinions. My father is an innovator with his own business and as an electrical engineer, he literally makes things and major companies buy them and mass produced them. My brother knows way too much about computer programming and the like for his own good. They both pour their passion into what they do. I have all this passion and nothing to do with it! I won't get into my life story but it was so crazy people wouldn't believe me probably anyways. I have no income and feel like a burden, but cannot work a normal job due to health issues. I am very smart but it feels like I am wasting my life. I am a great asset to whomever utilizes me an my talents. Sorry I go off track!

I always used my computer for forum search and posting. I am trying to use my cell phone (galaxy s6) it works but how do I post a picture? The easiest way with a phone? Do I need to find a site and upload the image somewhere else, and THEN send the url/link, or is there and easier/quicker way? I know forums are all slightly different, this is what I noticed here that seems questionable:

I also do not understand why I cannot send a pm to someone until I get 50 posts. I believe this would encourage people to make up pointless postings just to get to that number. Same with a note (25 I believe). I wasted a lot of time making a couple and I am not allowed to post it.

Miscellaneous : I have too much time on my hands and very strong opinions. My father is an innovator with his own business and as an electrical engineer, he literally makes things and major companies buy them and mass produced them. My brother knows way too much about computer programming and the like for his own good. They both pour their passion into what they do. I have all this passion and nothing to do with it! I won't get into my life story but it was so crazy people wouldn't believe me probably anyways. I have no income and feel like a burden, but cannot work a normal job due to health issues. I am very smart but it feels like I am wasting my life. I am a great asset to whomever utilizes me an my talents. Sorry I go off track!
When I retired to a pretty desolate location (but with internet connection) I started reading/studying about medical marijuana last May and still spend hours every day (and some nights) researching for the good of myself and that of my family. It sounds to me like this could be something you could do very easily if the subject interests you at all. I wish I had done this when I was younger as I feel with a little more time I could have done some amazing things with this plant.... I'm still soaking up everything I can just because I think it is a fascinating subject.
Best of luck with your life decisions, I hope you can find something good for you and maybe others. Who knows, maybe someday the movers and shakers in your family will come to you for help.:welcome:

Guys - thanks so much. Didn't even know about the app, maybe it should be advertised more, infrequently... And yeah I used to have all my life together, and I made a bunch of wrong decisions one after another, till there was nothing left. Time to rebuild! I have to be stronger from it all. The 2 worst things I deal with is ptsd and all the mental issues (insomnia, anxiety, etc ) that inexperience when it goes unchecked. Then I have bad pain from chronic pancreatitis and I hear cannabis not only helps with pain, but abdomen and pancreatic issues. Pennsylvania is a joke. While the law passing medicinal use is good, they say it will take TWO YEARS to implement, however kids can go across to other states and get it for their seisures, etc., but what about someone like .everyone who is literally suffering, and all these pain mdds, etc cause extra problems like dependence, constipation which makes me stomach hurts MORE. Ironic - pain meds make my have more pain! But PA won't allow smokable products, but they are allowing vaporizers! Similar. If you ask me, they are not allowing smoking it because that way patients CAN'T GROW THEIR OWN!!! All about money, greed and not about helping people like they should. I believe I have valid points, maybe I can't do anything, but everyone always talks/complains about things then people always say WE GOTTA DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT. Ok, what??? HOW do I get my foot in the door to speak? What's the most I can do, send a letter to my representative? Maybe a senator? UGH

To be honest i am surprised that PA has gotten as far as it has with medical cannabis. 24th state to adopt it and, as a life long resident, i was fully expecting it to be among the last hold-outs. I still think that its ridiculous that its 2016 and this plant is still illegal for the most part. I am glad, however, that we have got a foot in the door. Its one step closer to opening the door all the way up and helping to get the meds to the people that need them and alleviating some of the street crime and BS product that is out there.
I talk to everyone i know about the benefits of medical mj and do my very best to sway the opinions of anyone i run across who is anti-cannabis and willing to listen. Its not much but if everyone does what they are able to do maybe we can speed this process along a bit.

Sent from my LGLS990 using 420 Magazine Mobile App

I am not a staff member of this wonderful website/forum, so this is just a guess. But my guess is that the powers-that-be probably didn't start the forum with that requirement already in place but, instead, ended up having to implement it later because people started joining the forum for the sole purpose of either spamming the other members with ads via PM or to try to get them to send seeds/etc.

I am of this opinion because I know that 420 is NOT one to needlessly stifle communication regarding cannabis, lol. Therefore, it most likely would have been a decision that was made due to a need for it.

Oh, and I wouldn't be surprised - IF someone decided to "quickly make 50 nonsensical and non-helpful posts solely for the purpose of circumventing this rule" - to see a staff member address the issue by way of a PM to that member (and possibly taking steps to remove the offending posts), lol. So I wouldn't be overly worried about that sort of thing happening.

If you like to read, start reading the initial posts of grow journal threads that catch your eye. Sooner or later, you're bound to find a few(+) that end up interesting you enough that you not only subscribe and follow along, you'll also find yourself commenting and even asking the occasional question. Most everyone here tries to be helpful and to share their thoughts/knowledge/experience - we were all "newbies" once upon a time.

I kinda think of the 50 posts as a rite of passage. There have been a few that have come in here and not even made it to 50 posts.
Trolls are usually sniffed out by then.
TS was right in the money with that. There have been people that only join the forum for the contest prizes. People have also been caught making dummy accounts to vote in contests as well.
50 posts isn't bad at all.

I have too much time on my hands and very strong opinions.
:welcome::popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:
Bacondoggy, welcome to the forum. I think you will fit right in to this group of people with too much time on their hands and possessing strong opinions. Are you going to start up a grow and let us hear your opinions on that or are you just going to speak on various topics? You have me curious so far, since I too am a keeper of strong opinions, and not afraid to exercise them.
Regarding the 50 posts... I think it provides for more of an instructive forum. People like to remain private, especially if they are in a non-legal place. If they had the ability, many people would hit this forum, figure out who the "expert" is that they wish to speak to, and they would ask their questions, indeed ask for private tutoring from this expert via PM, never feeling a need to commit themselves as far as placing a public post. This behavior would provide no additional benefit to the community at large, and since it is in private, something the expert might say in response might have been able to help many others reading along if it had been in a public forum, both in real time and in the future when future new people might happen across that questions and those words. In my opinion, the 50 posts help to keep a lot more of the knowledge and the instructional questions and answers in the public arena where it belongs, and not hidden away in the dark private corners of personal messaging.

Back
Top Bottom