Subcool's last updated supersoil?

His website has already been recycled. It's a WordPress one and, well, you'll have that :rolleyes: . Never could understand why people - other than n00bs and the extremely lazy - bothered using WP, but plenty do. Anyway, stick this link into your web browser and you'll end up at The Internet Archive Wayback Machine's most recent / last cache of Subcool's own webpage:
Code:
https://web.archive.org/web/20190917210233/subcool.com

The cached website capture is from September, 2019. I don't think you'll find anything more recent, unless he happened to mention something in passing on the "RiU" forum; he posted there until December of last year. Actually, one of his last posts there was in a thread of his that had an offensive title, sort of, but included "Let's Get Dirty" in it. He was talking about his soil, some kind of "charge pack" thing he or someone was selling for it, and - if I remember correctly - stated something about recommending Roots soil as the base for his recipe and that it would be used in their 2020 shipments.

I won't be posting a link to that thread, out of respect for this forum, but if you hit his user name on any of his posts there, you can select the "posts" link from the popup and get a list of them in reverse chronological order.

The only small batch recipe I can find is at freecannabis.com dated Nov. 2, 2017:

Subcool’s Super Soil Recipe Improved, Small Batch :
  • 1 ten gallon bag of high quality Organic Potting Soil Such as “Roots Organic Soil”
  • 3 to 6 pounds of Organic Earthworm Castings (1 lb. of casting = about 1 gal.)
  • 10 ounces of Blood Meal ( 10 oz. of blood meal = about 1 & 1/2 cups)
  • 10 ounces of Bloom Bat Guano ( 10 oz. of guano = about 1 cup)
  • 10 ounces Fish Bone Meal ( 10 oz. of bone meal = about 1 cup)
  • 6 ounces Rock Phosphate
  • 1&1/2 tablespoons Epsom Salt (magnesium sulfate)
  • 2 tablespoons or 1 oz. (liquid measure)of Dolomite Lime
  • 1 tablespoons or 1/2 oz. (liquid measure) of Azomite (trace elements)
  • 1 teaspoon of powdered Humic Acid

How much did it cost you? Did you just get it all at your local gardening store? I was thinking if I should just call my local hydro shop and have them order it all.
I got some of the stuff here and there. Few of the smaller ones I found at Walmart. Some from the Zon but most of the be stuff came from the grow store.

First time it's kinda expensive. But keep in mind that some of the stuff you need a small amount of and you'll have lots left for the next few batches. Only thing I added to the recipe was powder Mykos. I'm not sure if it helps but all my plants were easy to grow even in small container with water only. No tea's. No foliar spray. No top dress. Just RO water. Here's a sativa leaner that went 11 weeks in a #3 with water only. No issues or deficiency

Here's the next run of a clone of the same cut

Those newer runs had better environment dialed in. The first one was in my shed with temps in the 40's at lights out and 80's with lights on under a HPS. The newer runs are in my house under 320 watts of led

I got some of the stuff here and there. Few of the smaller ones I found at Walmart. Some from the Zon but most of the be stuff came from the grow store.

First time it's kinda expensive. But keep in mind that some of the stuff you need a small amount of and you'll have lots left for the next few batches. Only thing I added to the recipe was powder Mykos. I'm not sure if it helps but all my plants were easy to grow even in small container with water only. No tea's. No foliar spray. No top dress. Just RO water. Here's a sativa leaner that went 11 weeks in a #3 with water only. No issues or deficiency

Here's the next run of a clone of the same cut

Those newer runs had better environment dialed in. The first one was in my shed with temps in the 40's at lights out and 80's with lights on under a HPS. The newer runs are in my house under 320 watts of led

Cool I will call my garden place and send them a list and get quote lol, I want to use the excess for growing vegetables. I figured I would just use tap water, It's suppose to be cleaner here, and test the ph and ppm, I don't have the budget for a RO machine.

None just roots organic original.

I've recently had some issues with fungas gnat's coming from roots. But I think it's because of storage issues with my grow store and not roots
I read up on Fungus Gnats and bagged soil. It seems to be a problem with just about every brand and/or manufacturer. Even soil that have been stored for a couple of years seem to produce some gnats once it gets wet. What got me reading up on the problem was finding out that some companies have gone so far as adding gnat controls to the soil when they bag it up. This supposedly helps but does not entirely eliminate the problem.

I had a bag of seed starting soil that had been dry for two years start to throw off Fungus Gnats after it had been watered. Took the rest of the soil that was in the bag outside and dumped it on the garden.

Cool I will call my garden place and send them a list and get quote lol, I want to use the excess for growing vegetables. I figured I would just use tap water, It's suppose to be cleaner here, and test the ph and ppm, I don't have the budget for a RO machine.
It is a good idea to get the pH of the tap water just to be sure. It might be cleaner but that does not mean that the pH is in the right range for plants.

As for the ppm of the tap water I wonder if it is necessary to know that if the plants are going to be in a soil mix. Just wondering.

It is a good idea to get the pH of the tap water just to be sure. It might be cleaner but that does not mean that the pH is in the right range for plants.

As for the ppm of the tap water I wonder if it is necessary to know that if the plants are going to be in a soil mix. Just wondering.

Yeah I got a nice ph meter and plan to test the ppm as well before I start watering. The fungas gnats, I was planning on getting lots of beneficial insects like shredders to destroy the eggs and eat them.

Hmm you could cook your soil in the oven to kill off any eggs in soil before using it for the pests, wouldn’t suggest this if you already have planted seed in soil though lol. For obvious reasons

Back
Top Bottom