Subscription & Email Notification Issues

I can confirm receipt of notifications emails from multiple thread posters in 2017 threads.

Others have confirmed receipt based on posts I've made this pm.

We have a winner :cheer:

I can confirm receipt of notifications emails from multiple thread posters in 2017 threads.

Others have confirmed receipt based on posts I've made this pm.

We have a winner :cheer:
:thanks: :goodjob:

Symptom report

When I click the watched forums option it seems very slow consistently much longer than watched threads

I don’t have any watched forums

It’ behaves like there is a long serial read going on. Somewhere.

EMAIL GLITCH (ongoing) I added one more thread to my watched with email yesterday, and now I am getting ONLY that thread's emails. All the others that I not once, but twice, went to individually, unwatched, then rewatched with email, by hand, no longer are emailing me. When I looked in my What's New, I found that the 20+ threads I am watching with email have posts, but they are not being emailed to me.

The unwatch, rewatch only works for me if I do NOT add another thread to the list.

Having to visit every thread I am following via What's New is a time-consuming process, as I have to navigate to the thread from wherever I end up after selecting the new post from the list. Plus, I get ALL new posts from 420, not just those I'm following. :(

Hi AK in the Watched thread tutorial (link in sig) there is a 'how to' on changing things on multiple threads at once.

For the threads no longer sending, has your preference to receive an email changed? Have they reverted to unwatched?

420 has gone dark on me. No emails at all from any of my 20+ watched threads today, including this thread. I've tried everything others have suggested, and I've gotten fewer and fewer emails every day, to 3 yesterday and none today.

I give up.

420 has gone dark on me. No emails at all from any of my 20+ watched threads today, including this thread. I've tried everything others have suggested, and I've gotten fewer and fewer emails every day, to 3 yesterday and none today.

I give up.

Any that I chose to update by email via the "watched threads" link did the same thing. After doing the unwatch then watch on each thread method have pretty much worked ok.

I noticed LadyG's thread this morning had post and I wasn't notified but I don't recall which method I used on that one.

Mods...can you please fix things , so i get email notifications from my subbed journals!!

@420 high Rob - I’m quoting this from Duggs’ journal. Just want to raise the attention to this. Dunno if you & the devs are working on it already, but today a lot of folks have surfaced and there are many talking about this as a problem. (I’m seeing it mentioned over the place)

Also wanting to ask please - on behalf of many - do have a timeline for when blogs will available again (some folks have ‘companion’ blogs running alongside grow journals so there’s a time window thing going on.
Hope your day working on the site went well!!
Keep up the good, hard work man!
:thumb::thanks:

How are email notifications working for everyone, any better since the back end software upgrades?

Still so much to tweak back there.

How are email notifications working for everyone, any better since the back end software upgrades?

I think my issues with the alert notifications was expecting them to work like the old app where it notified me of every post. The new site only seems to notify about the first new post in a thread until you actually read that thread. Once I figured that out and “marked all threads as read” notifications seemed to work fine. I’ve since turned off emails so I don’t know about them anymore.

I’ll try to post that question in a few strategic journals and see if I can get you some answers. Should become clear how it’s going over the weekend with all the extra activity.

nope. Still not getting email from all the threads I watched-unwatched-watched with email. And those I do, its only sporadic. Do I have to do all that a third time now?

Running Win 7 on an HP Touchsmart PC.
Chrome browser.

edti:

And I can't find a direct link to my settings. it's all changed. :-( I have to go to alerts, then scroll down to preferences. That is not a logical place to put a link to one's profile and settings!

@420 High Rob, the email notifications issue remains. AKGramma already popped in here, which you’ve seen, and I’ve a had other reports that it hasn’t changed. SOme folks are getting them for one or two threads but not their entire list, and sometimes not for every post.

:Namaste:

@420 High Rob, the email notifications issue remains. AKGramma already popped in here, which you’ve seen, and I’ve a had other reports that it hasn’t changed. SOme folks are getting them for one or two threads but not their entire list, and sometimes not for every post.

:Namaste:

I have decided to give up on the email thingy and use WHAT'S NEW instead. Same amount of effort and a whole lot less stress trying to figure it out. ;)

I have decided to give up on the email thingy and use WHAT'S NEW instead. Same amount of effort and a whole lot less stress trying to figure it out. ;)
I just focus on the Watched Threads, easy to see the ones that update
Also the bell at the top of the screen shows recent activity in yer watched threads

90% of the time I'm on my phone, easy to just click a link I placed on the home screen to see what's happening here

Msybe try that hun

I am starting to see this "An unexpected database error occurred. Please try again later." when clicking the link in email notifications.

And when trying to get the Watched threads list. "New posts" works, Watched threads doesn't.

We just upgraded the forums and gallery software again, lots of bug fixes. Please test everything and make sure everything works, maybe a bug or two resolved for you, gallery uploads working, etc. :thanks:

Still only getting emails from this forum/thread and an occasional email from one other watched forum/thread, even though email shows up next to the box on all my watched threads.

BTW, what is the difference between threads and forums when it comes to getting emails? Where do I activate emails from forums?

And how do I add forums to the Watched Forums list? I see no way to add forums to Watched Forums, either in Watched Forums itself or on the forum I want to watch. it only gives me an option to Watch or follow thread.

Back
Top Bottom