Sueet's 1st: Indoor Bagseed In Soil

There isn’t really. A girl may show pistils as preflowers, but you can’t count on it. You can do one of two things.
You can take cuttings. Just leave them in water. Put them under 12/12 lighting. They will show male or female within a week or two.
Or flip your garden to 12/12 lighting, then when they’ve shown you put them back under 20/4 to reveg for as long as you like.
Hope that helps.

There isn’t really. A girl may show pistils as preflowers, but you can’t count on it. You can do one of two things.
You can take cuttings. Just leave them in water. Put them under 12/12 lighting. They will show male or female within a week or two.
Or flip your garden to 12/12 lighting, then when they’ve shown you put them back under 20/4 to reveg for as long as you like.
Hope that helps.
It helps a great deal. You confirmed what I had thought, but I was doubting myself because of some threads/comments I had seen.

I definitely don't feel compelled to do anything drastic, I can wait 'til they're ready. I think another month or so and I will find out.

I've been doing some reading, and I can tell already I've done some things very wrong, (watering and root formation - yikes) but I am hoping they won't end up super fatal as it is probably too late to reverse course now :D

So, I got overwhelmed by a series of things, but I have learned a LOT so far, and I am loving every bit of it. Two of the plants are actually still going, tho I have thought "any day now" ... every day, for the past three weeks. Ah well, maybe tomorrow. Well ... backtrack, info:

I had* 5 plants at the start of this, and had let them get larger (held off flipping to flower) because we *thought* we were going to be able to grow them outside, but that didn't work out.
Then...one of those previously mentioned Cats got himself stuck inside the room on the second or 3rd day after I had flipped them to flower (first week of May). In his panic at being locked in he tried to climb one of the plants and wrecked it, one whole side of the plant busted clear off and on the floor.
I was super bummed, but things got busy so I didn't have time to do anything but throw some water at them for the next week or so. Well, turns out the timing of him busting that plant up (right after flower started) stressed it out and it made pollen.... LOTS of pollen, and released it, so, that plant got removed and shredded, but the damage was done. I will never need to buy seeds now, haha

Another issue I am fighting, is my room which hadn't leaked in almost ten years started leaking almost immediately after I put those plants in there and switched em to flower, so its been very wet, which the plants like, but now the walls I busted my arse to fix up are all moldy/mildewy, and the rug stays perpetually wet because it keeps raining.

I lost part of one of my plants due to spider mites, it was nearly done, but every branch where I could see the mites, I cut off and put it in a bucket of bleach water because I can not afford to let those little bastards get upstairs where all of my houseplants live. I have to be honest, I didn't throw those flowers away, but I also don't know what to do with them, if anything. The beach may have been a bit extreme >.> Did I mention these plants were huge? There was still at least a few ounces left for me, even not counting the half 5gal bucket full of buds that did get bleached. Good thing since I guess the room will have to be decommissioned for a bit after these last two get done.

I also learned that pH is super important, at least for me. Because there was a period where I had to have someone else watering, and they were not willing to do the pH bit. I will make sure that scenario doesn't happen again, there was/is a lot of damage/sadness. (my water is 8.0 out of the tap)

I learned too that my plants ... and my cats, love the lights I bought from @Budget LED .. christmas tree size plants in that little room, sheesh. Anyway, after kitty got stuck in there, I decided to change my tactic. I let them come in with me while I am working, and I keep a dustbuster style vac in the room to make sure no cats are still in when I leave.

Oh yes, I also learned that bad eyes are bad >.> And I have spent over a hundred bux buying little magnifier doodads that simply don't do what they say, or don't do anything at all >.> I have one finally where I can actually SEE the trichomes, but it is still not *easy* . I did also get a tiny microscope thing, which actually works magnificently.... but the thing needs to be set flat to view, which means it is crap for looking at the plants with, at least for me.

All in all, despite all the setbacks and problems, I feel like I got a lot of good/great out of this time/experience. Plus, I really like what I grew, I keep sneaking in and taking buds out even tho they aren't done curing. I also jumped in both feet first and 'cobbed' quite a bit of both the first and second plant that got cut. And will be doing more when these other two go down because.. holy moly, magic.

Thanks to you all for the encouragement, I think once my room gets cleaned out/redone or relocated and I can grow again, I think I will just do it in private haha, I am not good with ppl watching.

Your successes are well worth celebrating! You’ve done very well. I’m impressed that you started cobbing right off the bat as I’m yet to give that a go.
Journaling isn’t for everyone. Feel free to jump back up and ask questions on my thread if I miss notifications from here.
Or just post lovely pictures to skite.
Good luck with stuff!
Well done :high-five:

Your successes are well worth celebrating! You’ve done very well. I’m impressed that you started cobbing right off the bat as I’m yet to give that a go.
Journaling isn’t for everyone. Feel free to jump back up and ask questions on my thread if I miss notifications from here.
Or just post lovely pictures to skite.
Good luck with stuff!
Well done :high-five:

/Hugs thank you!

As for the cobbing, it just sounded so magical. I was lured in by the possibility of getting 'high' again, as that doesn't really happen for me too much (at least until now). My first cob isn't even done curing and it is already amazing (3 weeks since it sweat), tiny tiny bits (like, 2-4 grains of rice worth or so) in my pipe keeps me happy for a few hours, it's so very nice.

I will attempt to not bother you much (if at all) but I absolutely do appreciate your offer, it makes me feel as if I have a safety line :)

Hey @Sueet, you can click report under your post and put 'close journal' as the reason.
I tried doing it for you but it appears it didn't work even though I received an alert saying it got moved. :hmmmm:

Back
Top Bottom