Sugar droplets seeping out of calyxes

loudpakpappi

Hello, has anyone seen or found dew sized droplets seeping from calyxs before? I found this in my auto NL...at first I seen the tiny droplet and questioned why I would have water up that high on the plant. So, me being a the curious George that I am I touched it and noticed its was viscous and sticky. It pulled away like syrups do. Me now being even more curios said F it taste it. So, I did and Lord behold the sole sweetness that I can only remember matching it naturally would be that of me sucking on the ends of fresh honeysuckle flowers. It's definitely some type of sugar. I have taken photos of a few droplets after tasting the first one found.

Hello, has anyone seen or found dew sized droplets seeping from calyxs before? I found this in my auto NL...at first I seen the tiny droplet and questioned why I would have water up that high on the plant. So, me being a the curious George that I am I touched it and noticed its was viscous and sticky. It pulled away like syrups do. Me now being even more curios said F it taste it. So, I did and Lord behold the sole sweetness that I can only remember matching it naturally would be that of me sucking on the ends of fresh honeysuckle flowers. It's definitely some type of sugar. I have taken photos of a few droplets after tasting the first one found.

I have seen this before for a different grower... :thumb:

image15180.jpeg
image15179.jpeg
image15178.jpeg
image15177.jpeg

Just learned how to post pic in this thread...thanks for replies

As you can see my lady is very frosty...even for Northern Lights. It's an auto. I've been using FF line...final weeks I've been rotating Cha Ching and Molasses to finish

Thanks homeboy...I'm always examining my ladies but this was new to see. Left me very curious to know if this is unusual. I must say it was one of the sweetest things I've tasted for such a small dew drop of sugary sap. Maple trees would be jealous lol...looking for more info on what makes it and why.

I've had a cut of Medicann's Blue Blood do that. I just figured I had all the grow parameters dialed in. Out of dozens of strains I've grown, that was the only one I've seen it happen with; even though I was growing other strains at the same time.

:goodjob:

I'm noticing that my Auto Pounder with Cheese some tiny droplets at the end of some calyxs also. It's so sugary that when I touched a drop a two inch strand that pulled away. I let my girlfriend taste it she was just as surprised of how sweet it was for such a small droplet. I must say this Cha Ching and Molasses alternating has done wonders on the trichs. But not sure what I did this time to get these two to sap sugar as well. Hoping my Auto Northern Hog does the same in a few weeks

Yeah, it's like sugary sweet nectar. I still believe it's a sign of either optimum genetics or most likely a more-perfect growing environment for the specific strain.

I have around 17 strains at the moment. None of them are below 20 percent THC. Most are 25%, give or take. Not sure where you live. Don't care. Will not ask. I'm dealing with some heat issues atm. I'm sure you already know, but keep your humidity in check.

Much love to you. :volcano-smiley:

This looks like Guttation, it can happen at night, when the stomata are closed or if you have removed a lot of fan leaves & have high RH, then the plant cannot transpire enough and water pressure from the roots pushes sugary sap out of the Xylem.

Guttation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

No heat problems of yet...but Believe it or not, I have them under four Apollo t5 and a two Phillips T8...nothing superb. I decided not to put under Kings 1600 LED since these Autos started flower so quickly and seemed to have a happy home...my first time with Autos. I have been using FF soils oc/frog mix and their nutes line up except for the CalMag and Molasses. Was on 24 then cut back 18-6 after preflower. Switched bulbs to 2900k at that time too but kept one 6700k in just because I was worried about other 2 that hadn't preflowered as much as the aNL and aPounder w Cheese. But I still kept a 6700k bulb in but have it pointing up under their canopies for extra growth. All seems to be good enough for tight colas on my indicas and large fluffy sativa hybrids colas. But this SUGAR is sooo surprising to find and makes me praise God for allowing me to taste such a rare nectar. AMEN lol

As Rico mentioned of Guttation well it is almost similar but more related to high sugar based products whilst feeding like molasses where the plant excretes excessive sugars from the leafs & stem etc ye almost seen as slight mutation from what i've read.

Ever heard of red sap coming from the stem ?

Same thing really.

I knew an Australian grower from :420: some years ago who would in his last 2 weeks of flushing use honey the same thing happened to him.

@FuzzyDuck yes actually My auto Red Poison is sapping a reddish sugar almost like a color of blackberry juice. But it has a lot of ruderalis in its strain she didn't bud well but has trichs all over even the main stalks.

Back
Top Bottom