Sugar

RangerDanger

A very knowledgable friend suggested using pineapple juice during the last 2 weeks before harvest.
Why? Because sugar benefits plants. Carbohydrates (sugars) feed the benficial microbes in the soil, and facilitate the uptake of the residual nutrients in the soil.
Some growers add molassas, others add Coke to the water during the last two weeks.
I don't know what ratio to use for molassas or Coke. What I was told was to add 1/2 cup of unsweetened pineapple juice per 5 gal/water.

Now, this applies to plants grown in soil with organic nutrients. Some chem nutrients inhibit the growth of beneficial microbes, so sugars may not aid the plants as much when grown with chem's., or in hydro systems.

ranger you should read what else i have found out about pineapple juice in my flowering thread.

later :bongrip:

johndough210 said:
ranger you should read what else i have found out about pineapple juice in my flowering thread.

later :bongrip:

I did; thanks for that.

BUT I made a mistake in the ratio's. It's 1/2 cup per 5 gal/water, not 1 gal.
1/2 cup per gal. water is too sweet, if used every few days.
Again, that's 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple juice per 5
gallons of water.

and you do this for a week?

No coke bro, soda breaks membranes. Only organic base sucrose (I know I can't spell).
So I have been told. I have never tried it myself though. I use too many products already lol. Thought molassas was used for a different reason.

I've never used Coke, nor do I recommend it, but I know someone who says he does it every year with superior results.
What could molassas be used for besides a sweetener?

Chelation in this sense may or may not be used fully correctly in a biochemical sense, but for our purposes, it means to take mineral salts and any residual heavy metals that remain in the soil and put them into solution with a rinse agent (water). The molasses affects the cells in the roots, and gets them to release any metals they may have in them (this is true chelation), and the simple sugars that the molasses contains encourage excess salts that are in the media to go into solution, allowing them to be leeched out and away from the root.

this is what capt. zigzag wrote about molasses in my flowering thread...but i'm still leaning toward pineapple juice...

Capt. Zigzag said:
Mostly. Chelation in this sense may or may not be used fully correctly in a biochemical sense, but for our purposes, it means to take mineral salts and any residual heavy metals that remain in the soil and put them into solution with a rinse agent (water). The molasses affects the cells in the roots, and gets them to release any metals they may have in them (this is true chelation), and the simple sugars that the molasses contains encourage excess salts that are in the media to go into solution, allowing them to be leeched out and away from the root

-
This is not one of my strong areas, I have little info to go off this and its just a little too mad science to me. I take the easy way out and use hydroponic products and such. Never used sugars and stuff. Just know a little about coke because its my favorate drink. Can't stand diet coke tho.

rangerdanger said:
I've never used Coke, nor do I recommend it, but I know someone who says he does it every year with superior results.
What could molassas be used for besides a sweetener?

what is clearex? and what type of molasses did you say?

Basically, clearex gets rid of salt buildup.

and where might i find clearex?

Unsweetend Pineapple Juice = 7.5 tablespoons of sugar per 12 OUNCES of liquid

Average Soda = 9.5 Tablespoons of suger per 12 OUNCES of liquid

Would you base the ratios off of sugar content alone?

i spray my plants twice a weak wit water and sugar between 7-10am the flowers and all the leaves 1 tsp sugar - 1 cup water dearin the first 5-6 weaks of flowerin :allgood: :bong:

Urdedpal said:
No coke bro, soda breaks membranes. Only organic base sucrose (I know I can't spell).
So I have been told. I have never tried it myself though. I use too many products already lol. Thought molassas was used for a different reason.
coke is full of asid it is not a good idea to use it ! From what I ahve been toled ! :smokin3:

Gonna add coke last 2 weeks of 12/12 and see what happens. Not sure if its the sugar or what, but 2 days after first application I noticed trichromes on leaves under buds for the first time.

b4i2g0c said:
i spray my plants twice a weak wit water and sugar between 7-10am the flowers and all the leaves 1 tsp sugar - 1 cup water dearin the first 5-6 weaks of flowerin :allgood: :bong:

Not at all the same thing as watering the plants with pineapple juice.
Spaying the leaves/buds with sugar will clog the plants pores and cause residual sugar to remain on the leaves/buds which does not make the pot taste sweeter (as some people mistakenly believe), it makes it taste worse since sugar when ignited turns into carbon.

you dont need mutch sugar i have a lil spray bottle it holds a cup of water u dont use to mutch sugar for a few reasons . If you grow outside like i do to sugar draws bugs . All sugar does when you spray if on is help the leafs and trichromes . some people say that sugar helps speed up groth but i dont know bout that

RangerDanger said:
Not at all the same thing as watering the plants with pineapple juice.
Spaying the leaves/buds with sugar will clog the plants pores and cause residual sugar to remain on the leaves/buds which does not make the pot taste sweeter (as some people mistakenly believe), it makes it taste worse since sugar when ignited turns into carbon.

i only spray it for the first few weaks sugar doesnt do any thang for the taste .

RangerDanger said:
Not at all the same thing as watering the plants with pineapple juice

why dump pineapple juice on the rots i grow out side all my roots will b ate up in a hour

Back
Top Bottom