Suggestion - Submit a News Article Forum Link

It'd be real nice if there was a visible link/button at the top of the forum that members could use to submit news articles that we stumble across whilst browsing the web.

It'd be real nice if there was a visible link/button at the top of the forum that members could use to submit news articles that we stumble across whilst browsing the web. Not a vehicle for posting news articles, merely an easier way to submit a link to a cannabis-related news article than jumping to the International Cannabis News section, seeing the name of the staff member who posts news articles (still currently Ron Strider, I've just smoked a lot of cannabis and stuff in the last 37 years and, therefore, can't remember sh!t... or maybe it's all the hard knocks to the head I've taken over time (including one definite TBI), IDK), clicking on that name, and then clicking on the "start conversation" (private message) link. Which is no big deal, of course - but it does seem to be a little unwieldy.

IDK if it would be possible to add such a mechanism. Or, if so, it'd make more sense to either have the suggested articles go straight to Ron's inbox or to some sort of back room area that can be accessed by the staff in general.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Off-topic / Ignore

BtW: I was doing web searches to grab some links to soil mix recipes that can be used outdoors for a buddy who is neither Internet profecient nor much of a reader. He told me to only spend a few minutes on it and, if he ended up getting to grow cannabis this year, he'd glance through them with an eye towards the simple and CHEAP, but if I noticed ones that could be used for "water only" (perhaps with an occasional bloom booster) so he didn't have to carry in a bunch of stuff throughout the growing season (he's partially disabled, so the lumping of "freight" would be difficult - and trying to be "stealthy"). He also stressed that his grow might not happen, depends on both him managing to save up some money when he has very little coming in in the first place, lol, and whether or not he will still have enough use of his hands to actually do the gardening. Anyway... So this one website that I landed on has one of those obnoxious "wall of pictures" link-boards at the bottom of the article, bunch of links to other web pages. I usually avoid that kind of crap like the Black Death, lol, but this one was about someone getting prison time for a "shatter lab explosion" in an apartment building that killed someone. Assuming this involved a combination of butane and a complete dumb@ss - and, since I'm a big fan of butane extraction processes (minus the complete dumb@ss part ;) ), I decided to fall victim to the click-bait and read the article. Wow... People who do not have the two functioning brain cells which are all that's required in order to understand what "flammable" means (or to realize that inflammable does NOT mean not flammable :rolleyes: ) probably shouldn't be smoking shatter, let alone trying to make the stuff inside their apartment. Or, at the very least, ought to obtain a caregiver or some sort of minder (which this guy has managed to accomplish, LOFL - for about the next six years, unless he manages to get an early release). Do NOT release quantities of flammable gas into confined spaces, especially ones with flames (pilot lights, et cetera) and/or potential sparks (electrical devices present).

Your off-topic discussion is the whole reason it isn't allowed to be discussed here. Some idiot will do it, and boom, parts everywhere.

I have done it, but I won't even do it again. I'll do closed loop if I ever go that route again. I'm considering a press, as it is much easier in my opinion. More investment, but still.......

it isn't allowed to be discussed here. Some idiot will do it, and boom, parts everywhere.

It isn't?!? Uh... oops, lol. I did not realize that (and will go directly to the forum guidelines/rules thread to reacquaint myself with them, since it has been years since I read it).

However, that's like blaming a shotgun shell after someone blows your dog's head off, isn't it? Or like some lard-@ss deciding to blame her spoon for making her fat.

EDIT: You are correct (thanks!). I will go back and remove that content from post #1. F*ck... Some clown burned down his house last year because he decided to save money (mis)wiring his own grow room. Maybe we shouldn't be allowed to discuss grow rooms here, either?

I agree..... and the people in the US at least are getting more stupid by the day. No one teaches common sense anymore. I usually research HEAVILY before I do something. I'm an autodidact extremist (self-taught). I research until it gets over my head, or I run out of material I believe to be accurate.

Still, we must put corks on forks, and pad the rails of a stupid society.:rolleyes:

I agree..... and the people in the US at least are getting more stupid by the day. No one teaches common sense anymore.

I suspect this is because, in the sense that such a thing can be taught, it needs to be taught early - and We the People... Appear to have, on average, the sh!ttiest parenting skills (in regards to homo sapiens) on the planet.

I usually research HEAVILY before I do something. I'm an autodidact extremist

Funny... I hadn't found myself missing the old REPs feature - until I read the above, just now. +REPs-in-spirit ;) .

Still, we must put corks on forks, and pad the rails of a stupid society.:rolleyes:

Yeah, but... I think that's how you create a "stupid society." In my day (lol), child-proofing pretty much equated to telling your kids not to do stupid sh!t. That and getting your @ss beat when you neglected that rule.

I suspect this is because, in the sense that such a thing can be taught, it needs to be taught early - and We the People... Appear to have, on average, the sh!ttiest parenting skills (in regards to homo sapiens) on the planet.

Funny... I hadn't found myself missing the old REPs feature - until I read the above, just now. +REPs-in-spirit ;) .

Yeah, but... I think that's how you create a "stupid society." In my day (lol), child-proofing pretty much equated to telling your kids not to do stupid sh!t. That and getting your @ss beat when you neglected that rule.

I agree on all points.

Back
Top Bottom