Suggestions on how to increase rootzone temp

Sangmang

In 1 gallon pots with coco. Multifeed drip system DTW. My coco is always between 58-60f. The plants are healthy but I feel like they are developing maybe a tiny but slowly and would really benefit from even a bump up to 65. Any ideas on how to do this? My ambient temps are good and I want to avoid using a space heater. Should I warm my feed reservoir? Stick a couple heat mats near the pots?

The floor is the coldest point in any room, the ceiling is the warmest. One thing to check is what type of floor, if concrete or tile that’s really bad for cold feet on the root zone. Use sheet foam and a wood pallet or two to create distance above the slab, set your tent on top of the pallet. Even if you don’t have concrete or tile simply elevating your plants by a foot to 18 inches will help.

Aquarium heater in rez perhaps. How many low passive vents are open?

2x4x5 tent on 1st floor. Tent is on a table 2ft off the ground. Pots are 8" above tent floor. 1 low vent is opened.

How warm can i make my res? Instead of feeding 4x a day I could do like 10 shorter ones to keep the coco warm.

Back
Top Bottom