Suggestions?

Dugen

Hi, I'm new here. I'm a total newbie. But I've read, and read, and read. I've tried to become as knowledgable as possible without any actual experience yet.

That being said, I want to start my first grow. I'm open to any and all critism. Here's the general "set-up" I'm thinking about:

I'll have a grow tent (4'x4'x6.5') with a 600W HPS (enhanced spectrum bulb, I believe). I'll have a 6" duct with an inline fan to hopefully prevent outrageous heating and keep maintain fresh air circulation. So far, so good?

I plan on using a homemade Deep Water Culture system similiar to Roseman (this man is a Deep Water Culture God - I've read both DIYs). I've done all the physical measuring and I can manage to fit (x4) 10-gallon tote buckets in my tent. This is where a problem arises.

• Physical limitations aside, is this viable? That'd be 24 plants in a 16sqft area. That seems overly cramped to me. Should I omit a container or two, or would I be ok? Would I have sufficient space, light, etc?

• Oh, one more stupid question. I've read AdvanceNutrients is some good feed. I googled it, and came up with advancednutrients.com. I assume that's where I'd buy them?

Any suggestions, comments, ideas are more than welcome. I'll probably have more questions later (just be patient, please - I'm learning).
:thanks:

Hi, I'm new here. I'm a total newbie. But I've read, and read, and read. I've tried to become as knowledgable as possible without any actual experience yet.

That being said, I want to start my first grow. I'm open to any and all critism. Here's the general "set-up" I'm thinking about:

I'll have a grow tent (4'x4'x6.5') with a 600W HPS (enhanced spectrum bulb, I believe). I'll have a 6" duct with an inline fan to hopefully prevent outrageous heating and keep maintain fresh air circulation. So far, so good?

I plan on using a homemade Deep Water Culture system similiar to Roseman (this man is a Deep Water Culture God - I've read both DIYs). I've done all the physical measuring and I can manage to fit (x4) 10-gallon tote buckets in my tent. This is where a problem arises.

• Physical limitations aside, is this viable? That'd be 24 plants in a 16sqft area. That seems overly cramped to me. Should I omit a container or two, or would I be ok? Would I have sufficient space, light, etc?

• Oh, one more stupid question. I've read AdvanceNutrients is some good feed. I googled it, and came up with advancednutrients.com. I assume that's where I'd buy them?

Any suggestions, comments, ideas are more than welcome. I'll probably have more questions later (just be patient, please - I'm learning).
:thanks:

you need more water. thats the real problem....6 plants for 10 gallons...no good
you wont be able to contro temp,ph,ppm at all. you really need min 3 gallons per plant and thats pushing it. 5 is better
Advanced is good from what I hear on the chats...I know ALOT of people who talk about Advanced but I dont know anyone personally that uses it......

U can order AN nutes here>420 Magazine - Sponsors
How do u plan on getting the reservoirs/buckets in and out on a weekly basis to change the nutes? Add on more inline fan to usher in fresh air and a small fan (possibly overhead) to keep the air circulating through the canopy. U lighting is fine, hopefully u have an aircooled hood. Good luck.

@Viper - Well, I consider it. But every Deep Water Culture set-up I've seen has allotted 1 gallon of water per plant. I may be wrong; time to look it up.

@BWC - Honestly, I hadn't considered that part yet. Time to factor that into my situation. Perhaps overstuffing my space isn't the best idea, maybe a little movement room would be nice for chaning the nutes.

Any other input?

this being your first grow, I would start with one setup, get the hang of it and if you do mess up it will be 3 times less of a mistake, get one good harvest under yer belt then rock on, just my opinion :peace: and good luck

That's actually a pretty logical idea. I've decided to "half" my operation.

I still feel like I'm missing something though..

Back
Top Bottom