Sukafr33's Second Indoor Soil Grow

yea i been readin through them, still cant find one that uses the same technique as mines, yes all of them are lst'ed but not wrapped around the pot like mines, i'll just have to go off of what the diagram looks like, which isn't much.. but im still lookin so hopefully i find somethin that shows me somethin..also i just counted the tops on it and im up to 7 now, so its definitely lookin good, i just really cant picture it though, cause the stems that im countin as tops are thin as shit so i guess i'll just have to wait and see, but im sure whatever the outcome is im sure it will be good!!!

Hey Suka, your LST looks great and should work fine. The method I used was to pull the main stem down to 90 degrees and then let it go back to vertical. As the node branches got taller and stronger, I pulled them to the sides a little and continued to let them grow up to form a lot of fingers.

Now I'm not saying that defoliating is for every one but it worked for me. Removing big fan leaves that were shading nodes in veg stage, helped get all growth kick started. Then in bloom stage, I defoliated at days 21 and 42 of 12/12.

Good luck on your grow, your plants are beautiful.

yea your rite alot of people dont like cuttin leaves off but you know what i do it all the time, but i also do the tucking technique alot aswell, like if i take a peek in and i see a leave blocking a top from gettin light i'll just tuck it, but when i take them out to water them and clean them up i chop the main leaves that are blockin most of the light, doesn't mean i go choppin away though, i would say about 2-4 leaves off each one, and you know what i been wantin to cut a couple off the lst one lately too, i think i might cut like 2 or 3 off in alittle bit, and thanks muggs, i think it could look better but as long as it comes out with nice big tops im good with that, i think its not makin it around like that is because the rim of the pot is so damn big, it says that its an 8 inch pot but they look a hell of alot bigger then that, but its still growin so we'll see how it turns out, what do you guys think about lettin the tops that i got goin around the rim of the pot, let them go and start growin straigh up so the have room too bud??? let me know what you guys think, thanks.... :tokin:

remember no matter what you do when you hit 12/12 every main stem will stretch to the sky, this will be your cola, your plant will double in size in 18 days.
i had 9 tops on mine i think... was trying to wrap it but the girl did what she wanted...
the most importaint thing on a LST plant and the reason for it is to create an even canopy before flower.
if you have that than its your best judgment.
i can see her just waiting to explode in flowering!

well the canopys not that even but im sure when it starts i can do somethin with it, maybe post each individual one up that way they have their own space, i dont know, the tops are growin all crazy tall, im gettin ready to cut a couple leaves here in a minute, but i guess i'll just have to wait and see when she starts to flower... which is takin its mairy ol time, my patience is definitely bein put to the test lol, im impatient as they come when it comes to shit takin forever... lol maybe if i stop starin they'll grow..

and what do you think, when a female is gettin ready to show it sex, does the calyx that the first pistil comes out of, when it first starts to form does it look like a little tiny calyx, maybe like a little tiny ball??? i dont know how to describe it, but thats what it looks like..

Male preflower
DSC033983.JPG

and the all important female note the little white hair
DSC03390.JPG

yes sometimes the calyx resembles a ball but if you have a jewlers loop you should see a hair and it will be more tear drop looking... early in the game there is no problem with giving them an extra day or two to double check.... as long as you catch it before it begins to drop you sill be good

well the canopys not that even but im sure when it starts i can do somethin with it, maybe post each individual one up that way they have their own space, i dont know, the tops are growin all crazy tall, im gettin ready to cut a couple leaves here in a minute, but i guess i'll just have to wait and see when she starts to flower... which is takin its mairy ol time, my patience is definitely bein put to the test lol, im impatient as they come when it comes to shit takin forever... lol maybe if i stop starin they'll grow..

Hey Sukafr, If you get time, check out my first indoor grow of Hog. I lst'd them and they almost looked like a scrog in the end. As far as defoliating, IMHO, I trimmed very similar to what you are doing, probably more extreme as I was worried about airflow and fungus, and my yield was pretty damn good for a heavily Indica dominant plant. So my experience is that trim as you need without going overboard. You'll get the feel of it as they develop. I have read that cutting out every other fan leaf (top to bottom) is acceptable and works well. But I'm no expert. I did see a video of the technique your using on circling lst but I can't find it right now. If I run across it again I'll pass it on. It was awesome and the grower claimed much success and I have seen others that were trained like grape vines! :)

:peacetwo:

Sukafree!!! nice job so far on the ladies...LST is looking really good, can't wait to see the ladies in full bloom action!!! If height becomes a problem during the stretch...you could also look into supercropping which may help even out the canopy as well as help you get more light to the lower sites... As far as defoliation, I wasn't at first going to defoliate with my 1st grow, but after reading much positive information about increased yeilds with defoliating, as well as a very wickid smart grower buddie of mine saying do it...I went ahead and gave a good chop to my ladies.... It really seemed to allow a lot of light to the lower sites... just don't over do it.... everything looks great so far...cant wait to see those white hairs!!!

swo my best plant turned out to be a male, pisses me off, now i got 3 left and waiting on signs from them, and 1 of them is not lookin to good either, shit got me stressed out, then every morning i wake up the plants grow an inch over night, so now one of them is practically touchin the lights, but since i took one out i got the tops in between the bulbs so their not touchin, other then that i keep gettin dead leaves at the bottom of one plant, i dont know how its doin it but when i get up in the morning to look at them the one plant will have like 4 dead leaves at the bottom of it, im gonna have to look into it, if anybody has had this problem let me know what you think, now im gettin ready to get surgery on my back to get this cyst removed, should be fun, not, be back later, im gonna go smoke before i go ... :tokin:

hey sukafr33 whats up bro? i just got my nerves burned in my lower back. in alot of pain at this time. sorry to hear about the crop. that totally sucks.
i wish i could send some plants your way. im trying to give them away.
they got huge like trees in 5 gal buckets outside. too obvious now. and too tall to bring inside. but the auto flowerering short rider is on week 10 and needs about another week before flushing. still got papaya that i havent started, stil got ice sitting in a baggie. same w/ the auroara indica.
i guess i thought i should stock up on seeds- all female just not enough space. i need a feild full of weed and my guitar and thats all i need. and some munchies. and some scisors would be handy. need my pipe too but thats it. i need one field for flower and another for my veg/clones.
thats all i need. just kidding. trying to make you smile.
its ok dude it happen to me too. but mine were out side and didnt show till the end of july. good luck w/ your back
sully:thumb:

so my ass is in pain and its killin me,its just been a bad week so far, all my plants are males, yes all of them, so now i gotta start over, what a waste of everything, shit sucks big time rite now, i feel like openin my window and throwin them out onto the concrete, now i gotta figure out what the hell im gonna do with them and all that damn soil..fml..thank god i didn't do any cloning, i prolly would have smashed everything..well guys i dont know what to consider this journal of if i should erase and just start a new journal, what do you guys think, or should i just keep goin with this one?? let me know what you guys think, until then i guess i'll be cleanin it out and startin some new seeds, i dont know my back is killin me too much rite now to do anything so i guess i'll wait a couple days to really do anything, but i can atleast get some new seeds started..damn it just makes me wanna quit..

sorry to hear bout the males brother.
remember that even poping males you have still gained alot of knowledge! that is what this is all about!
you can still always pull pollen from your healthyest male and save it for another time.... there is nothing wrong with watching the prosses of a male.
Also Not all is a waste you can still pull theoes males let them dry and cook with them!
they still have CBD(this is the anti inflammatory), CBN( pain releif), and small amounts of thc(this is the high)
most important thing is to remember that this is all learning
just start from where you are and keep the journal Or begin a new one and take the time to tweek your environment

no im just gonna get rid of them, im just gonna go ahead and start germin seeds, i just cant believe that all of them turned males, and now im takin the chance again because all i have is bagseed..

Damn SF...really sorry to hear about your plants being males..and I feel your back pain.. I had a fractured L5 in my spine and still to this day have issues with it... overall you have gained tons of experience with this and I'm sure your next round will be even better and easier than this one... do you have any availability of clones or getting feminized seeds?

Back
Top Bottom