Summer Garden - High-Brix Blend

Hey all,
Regarding the 450, has anyone noticed they have a slight glow after turned off? I'm starting flower today and noticed it while I was checking for light leaks in complete darkness. Does this slowly fade away? Could it have something to do with them being on 220 circuit? My 300's don't do it in my veg room, but it is on 110. None of the Mars II 900's do it, same flower room and line. What do you think? For now, I've replaced it with an extra 900 I had. I wanted to compare the 2 450's to a mars 1200, guess that wont be happening for now.

I've heard of this problem before. Id first check your timer. This could not be switching off completely..

I've heard of this problem before. Id first check your timer. This could not be switching off completely..

Thanks Grizz. I believe it may be something inherent to the switch when running off 220. If you manually turn it off with the power switches, it doesn't glow. I believe the 20 amp timer is fine as there are 4 other mars II 900's going thru it on the same line, a daisy chain of 20 amp outlets. I plugged my P300's into it, same thing. I never noticed it before because they were on 110. The guy who did the wiring has completely rewired a rental of mine (old post and wire shit, scary) and my shop, all legal and inspected, so I would be really surprised if it was the wiring. Sent an email off to PlatinumLED, see what they say. Cheers!

Hey all,
Regarding the 450, has anyone noticed they have a slight glow after turned off? I'm starting flower today and noticed it while I was checking for light leaks in complete darkness. Does this slowly fade away? Could it have something to do with them being on 220 circuit? My 300's don't do it in my veg room, but it is on 110. None of the Mars II 900's do it, same flower room and line. What do you think? For now, I've replaced it with an extra 900 I had. I wanted to compare the 2 450's to a mars 1200, guess that wont be happening for now.
I had this also only on Platinum.
With me it was a bad wiring and someone did a bridge between mass and ground and the timer only shut down the mass and the light was able to get some mass thru the bridge and I tried several timers.

Fun thing was that I put 2 new power lines in but hang the light on the old one at some time.
Now I disabled that bad line as it is also a safety issue.

Hi Max

Re: MaxYield's Summer Garden - Platinum LED - High-Brix Blend

- HIGH BRIX FEEDING SCHEDULE -

Alright everyone, using several different posts from "DocBuds High Brix Q&A" as well as his "In The Lab" threads I have put together a precise feeding chart that can applied to any number of pots. I took Major PITA's Foliar Spray ratio and expanded on it, those are my best estimates based on how much of the Foliar Spray I have used in the past.

I hope you don't mind that I put this in my blog post: The Basics of Doc Bud's High Brix Blend Kit w/ Instructions - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

Great work!

Hey all,

Thanks Grizz. I believe it may be something inherent to the switch when running off 220. If you manually turn it off with the power switches, it doesn't glow. I believe the 20 amp timer is fine as there are 4 other mars II 900's going thru it on the same line, a daisy chain of 20 amp outlets. I plugged my P300's into it, same thing. I never noticed it before because they were on 110. The guy who did the wiring has completely rewired a rental of mine (old post and wire shit, scary) and my shop, all legal and inspected, so I would be really surprised if it was the wiring. Sent an email off to PlatinumLED, see what they say. Cheers!

I had this also only on Platinum.
With me it was a bad wiring and someone did a bridge between mass and ground and the timer only shut down the mass and the light was able to get some mass thru the bridge and I tried several timers.

Fun thing was that I put 2 new power lines in but hang the light on the old one at some time.
Now I disabled that bad line as it is also a safety issue.

Hi Max

Hi Dark :)

My thanks to you and GrizzWald for chiming in on the "after-glow" issue. This isn't something I had heard of before so I definitely didn't have any meaningful input on it haha. It is good to know that mis-wiring can cause such a problem in LEDs though.

Fed if I was you I would give Mark a call over at platinum and I am sure he will be more than willing to help you figure out what is going on inside that P450. I have only had good experiences with him and Platinum LED customer service. All in all that doesn't seem like a hard fix.. I know some members on this forum have had terrible experiences with improperly made LED lamps, and on top of it have to deal with out-of-the-country customer support thst doesn't care much for the issues they are having.

Please let us know what you find out Fed, these issues are important when gauging the effectiveness of new LED tech.

I hope you don't mind that I put this in my blog post: The Basics of Doc Bud's High Brix Blend Kit w/ Instructions - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

Great work!

That is totally fine by me my friend! :) the whole point behind it was to lay out all of that seemingly complicated information in a way that anyone can easily understand and follow along. Some of thanks goes to Graytail and Major PITA for doing all of the math, I really just designed the guide ;)

You got my support max. Enjoy the butter maker it kicks ass.

Thanks a million Dutty, feels great to have your support. Not only one of the best growers around but also one of the coolest.

And thanks, I didn't even know that was included in my prize for NotM! We will see if I can keep the lead, regardless of the outcome honestly the best reward is just knowing people, well some people, liked my Nug :) I was and still am very proud of it, it's almost been curing for a month now... God I can't wait to get back to it!

:thanks:

I've been watching you on "vacation" Max. Just can't stay away can you? :laughtwo::green_heart:

Good luck with the contest Max. :love:

I've been watching you on "vacation" Max. Just can't stay away can you? :laughtwo::green_heart:

Good luck with the contest Max. :love:

Sue, I'm afraid if I don't keep myself occupied with all of these Jounals, I'll go crazy not being able to tend to my girls! They are all alone! :laughtwo: :laughtwo:

Thanks for your positive energy Sue, always a pleasure when you stop by. Based on how all of your HB seedlings (not really seedlings anymore I guess) are doing, mine should be chugging along nicely as well :) can't wait to get back home!

I appreciate the luck :) I still have all my fingers crossed!

Yep Mark at Platinum is awesome.
Got a little problem and mailed Saturday night and got an answer Sunday morning.

I got some very ugly photos from training my current grow.

Hahahah I love it! Little Maxy better do me proud!

I have a quick question about her actually! I remember very vividly in your Veg updates that her growth structure was very tall and thin.. I would have imagined she would flower the same way, but it looks like she has gotten much bushier. Did that happen after flip, or is that due to something you did purposefully?

Thanks in advance! :cheesygrinsmiley: she looks awesome!
Dutty, I was also waiting for your answer to Max's question.

Yep Mark at Platinum is awesome.
Got a little problem and mailed Saturday night and got an answer Sunday morning.

I got some very ugly photos from training my current grow.

Exaclty, so far have yet to hear of one bad experience with Platinum. Technical issues (in my opinion) are to be expected when using this technology. One of the reasons it is so important that we use them and communicate with the companies that are producing them. Which is all the more reason LED companies should have top notch customer service, for the speediest updates and improvements possible.

And I know how that goes, my ladies always look a little rough after a super cropping session :rofl: feel free to post pics my friend!

Dutty, I was also waiting for your answer to Max's question.

I'm sure he will come through in a little bit :) he is probably hiding out in his veggie garden, or the not so secret cannabis enclave :) thanks for bumping my question though, I myself had forgetten!

Ok so they look more than just rough :cheesygrinsmiley:

This are Blue Dream clone out of flower they stretched like mad in veg due to less light.
That was one week before flip
IMG_20150503_222313.jpg

IMG_20150503_222242.jpg

IMG_20150503_214657.jpg

bloom
IMG_20150511_220436.jpg

IMG_20150516_210152.jpg

IMG_20150516_210100.jpg

IMG_20150525_0256461.jpg

IMG_20150528_220831.jpg

IMG_20150528_220820.jpg

I don't like it that way but turned out quite good
IMG_20150527_234915.jpg

They are just ready for some defoil in the next days.

It does look a little cramped in that room! Hehe but they look happy and healthy so that's what matters! :)

On those first few pics, did you cut some tops off as well as super crop?

All tops are cut beside the cropped ones, I cut of 4-6" .

In early bloom it gets a bit cramped but I will chop 1 plant tomorrow and 3 in one week.
So they will get a little more space but a bright spot without a bud is a waste spot :grinjoint:

This cabins will fall end of the year I build them before the room was ready, now it is.
just the place the cabin stands has to be finished after I remove it.

Just came from defoil day 25
IMG_20150531_220050.jpg

And this will be chopped in 1 week they are supercroped

IMG_20150531_220343.jpg

IMG_20150501_014948.jpg

This 2 alone will give me over 1g/W the other 2 extra 80 - 100g

Left / chop- side is a new P600 and this are Heavyweight Dream Machine.
The Blue Dream are under a P 450.
IMG_20150501_015136.jpg

My cloner has a 15W CFL, seeds and potted clones go under a 48x3.
For late veg I got a P 150 just veg specs.
After up-pot to 5gal I add some cheap 100x3 (100W) for the last week.

Got a bit sad here lately, so much closed journals in my subscriptions ???

Back
Top Bottom