Sun System 2 grow light with enclosed ballast

blk92mustang

Hey everybody, can anyone give me some feedback on this grow light that has the ballast enclosed next to the light?

A guy has one on craiglist near me relatively cheap. The light he has is the 250W HPS light.

Does this light create much noise having the ballest in the reflector? Does it create a lot more heat in the room since the ballest is part of the light?

I have pondered this 250w because my possible space is small and I feel a 400w will create to much heat since I won't be able to vent the area well.

Anyone who has knowledge of this light or used it I appreciate your feedback. The person is asking $100.00 for it with a bulb. Thanks

specialty-lights_2055_26536534.jpg

Does this light create much noise having the ballest in the reflector? Does it create a lot more heat in the room since the ballest is part of the light?
My Original did not make too much noise a light hum. The 400 w hps with a separate ballast will be a better choice in the long run.

I simply couldn't sacrifice the room in my grow cab for an external ballast. I purchased the glass and have my 250 watt Sun System 2 HM direct connected to an inline 4" fan. Heat is NOT an issue this way. I first tried a 400 watt Sun System 2 and I simply couldn't get rid of the heat in the cab, so I exchanged it for a 250.
Peace:roorrip:

Hey everybody, can anyone give me some feedback on this grow light that has the ballast enclosed next to the light?

A guy has one on craiglist near me relatively cheap. The light he has is the 250W HPS light.

I have pondered this 250w because my possible space is small and I feel a 400w will create to much heat since I won't be able to vent the area well.

Anyone who has knowledge of this light or used it I appreciate your feedback. The person is asking $100.00 for it with a bulb. I have attached a link below of the light. Thanks

They have some of those on eBay...Thanks blk92mustang....for the Heads up. This looks like something I can use....been working on my grow-room and lighting was the next thing on my list of things needed. I have a 4X8 enclosure in my garage. If you're on eBay you might want to check on the solar powered exhaust fans/vents. some of them allow you to install the panel up to 10' from the vent

I have the same 250 Watt light. It doesn't make any real noise. It is heavier then the reflectors without attached ballasts, so make sure your chains and "s" hooks can take the weight.

Back
Top Bottom