Sunglasses for CMH light?

Do I need to wear eye protection from light emitted from my Sun System 315 LEC (cmh)??

I would recommend it, even though the amount of UV is small, they do emit UV light... therefore I would protect the eyes since they are the only ones were born with :)

Are standard polarized UVA and UVB glasses okay?

Yeah those should be just fine.. no need for fancy "growing glasses"

I personally use just regular construction safety glasses with a UV coating...

I am using that light and it is very bright especially in a reflective tent.

What distance are you running yours at above plants? Not a lot of info out there still about these except a few grow logs

Sent from my SM-N910V using 420

As far as height, I will tell you, don't get closer than 3 ft., at any time. I started journal with mine, so we'll see soon enough, what this bad boy is capable of. one thing I will say is it's a lie that these run cooler than a 600w hps. It's should be a air cooled light instead of being open faced. Another thing i was unaware of is the fact that if one bulb blows, the other one goes out automatically. I thought I could just use one bulb when vegging ? But hey, let's see what this baby can do ? Stop over my grow !! happy Vets. day !!
11_7_16_007.JPG

I think it is good to wear sunglasses as CMH light produces high light output which can cause damage to eyes. So, I recommend to wear polarized or mirrored glasses to lessen light effect directly into eyes. You can take useful reference from your friends or over the web.

Back
Top Bottom