Sunny’s Mini Medicinal Grow Show

Ok so gonna have a go at making a grow journey/journal so please bare with me lol..

Setup:
  1. 2’X2’X4’ vivosun grow tent
  2. Cloud9 4” exhaust fan exhausting into the attic.
  3. Air scrubber with 4” duct connection.
  4. One computer fan as my intake fan bringing in cool air in from outside.
  5. 1000w sunraise LED 140 watts actual draw from the wall.
  6. Digital temperature/humidity gauge and clip fan.
Nutrients/Soil/Pots
  1. Orga grow holland
  2. Grow better sea kelp
  3. Silica/Black strap molasses
  4. Half and half fox farm ocean forest soil and Pro mix substrate.
  5. Up potted twice and flowering in 2 gallon pots.

Strains to start off with are white widow and northern lights feminized from ministry of cannabis. I also added 1 white og and 1 cheese feminized from seedsman. They won’t have the same head start as they’re sisters but that’s ok.

Still learning as I go. It’s been awhile since I’ve grown so I’m relearning and learning new things constantly. Super inspired from ingenuity and experience that is shared here and I truly appreciate it. Sending positive thoughts to you all.

Sunny :peace::thanks:

I don't know if I'd want to push warm humidified air into my attic. In the picture, is your carbon filter not connected to your duct, or is that where air enters your tent? If the latter, it should enter at the bottom (and exit at the top). That's why there are vents near the floor. And those vents will generally be adequate without the addition of an intake fan. If it's a small one, the exhaust fan will end up "overdriving" it, and if it's a large one, it'll interfere with that whole "negative pressure in your tent" thing. If that negative pressure becomes too extreme and causes the tent to collapse, lol, don't run your exhaust fan at its maximum speed.

I don't know if I'd want to push warm humidified air into my attic. In the picture, is your carbon filter not connected to your duct, or is that where air enters your tent? If the latter, it should enter at the bottom (and exit at the top). That's why there are vents near the floor. And those vents will generally be adequate without the addition of an intake fan. If it's a small one, the exhaust fan will end up "overdriving" it, and if it's a large one, it'll interfere with that whole "negative pressure in your tent" thing. If that negative pressure becomes too extreme and causes the tent to collapse, lol, don't run your exhaust fan at its maximum speed.

I live in a micro climate a few thousand feet up on a rock in the middle of the ocean. My “venting” into the attic doesn’t do much as the humidity dissipates fairly quick with my exhaust fan running half speed. No need to connect the exhaust to the scrubber yet.. nothin in the air to “scrub” I suppose.. but will do at the light “flip” to flower.

The little side vents on my tent weren’t sufficient enough for my liking but bringing in cool air from outside has made my lights on temps a bit more stable and predictable. The cfm on the computer fan is fairly low so maintaining the balance between exhaust and intake ventilation has avoided tent collapse haha.. what a nightmare. Sending positive thoughts

Sunny :peace::yummy:

My “venting” into the attic doesn’t do much as the humidity dissipates fairly quick with my exhaust fan running half speed.

Ah. That's good. My attic is poorly vented, and warm humidified air (in the Winter, when it isn't 125°F up there :rolleyes: ) would quickly cool and lose its ability to hold lots of moisture, leading to condensation. I was thinking from that perspective.

No need to connect the exhaust to the scrubber yet.. nothin in the air to “scrub” I suppose.. but will do at the light “flip” to flower.

You just might end up doing so a little earlier than you'd planned. Or maybe not, lol, strains have differing levels of scent.

The little side vents on my tent weren’t sufficient enough for my liking but bringing in cool air from outside has made my lights on temps a bit more stable and predictable. The cfm on the computer fan is fairly low so maintaining the balance between exhaust and intake ventilation has avoided tent collapse haha.. what a nightmare.

When you attach the carbon filter, it'll provide a restriction, which will reduce the airflow somewhat (generally speaking). That will help with the tent walls being sucked in. Er... Probably ;) .

I forgot, earlier, so: Good luck with your grow!

Did some low stress training on the plants tonight :) Happy to see the lower parts of the branches get more light. Did a foliar feed with a very light amount of liquid soluble silica today 2ml of silica to a gallon of water and lightly misted the plants. Sending you positive thoughts if you happen to read this:cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

Sunny

I received a seed order from seedsman a few weeks after I already started the WW and NL plants and I couldn’t wait to try them out lol..

I imagine this happens to others especially people running a perpetual system. I popped 1 each of Seedsman white og and uk cheese. Both germinated fine and I look forward to seeing how they turn out. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day|evening.

Sunny :peace:

Aloha all,

Small update today on my small grow tent. The white widow and northern lights from ministry of cannabis are 32 days from germination. LST has been going well so far.

I split a stem on the white widow pretty good but taped it up and it’s still moving right along. Im planning on switching to flower on Monday and continue training the branches as they stretch.

The Seedsman white og and I’m cheese are coming up on a couple weeks from germination. I don’t expect them to get all that big but at least I’ll have some variety if all goes well.

Sending positive thoughts and vibes to you all. Aloha :rollit:

Sunny

Looking very gorgeous :yummy:
Well done on the branch repairs. That’s exactly how I took my first clone - practicing a bit of LST and a branch came away in my fingers :rolleyes:
You’re going to have some grade A meds there. Doing well.

Looking very gorgeous :yummy:
Well done on the branch repairs. That’s exactly how I took my first clone - practicing a bit of LST and a branch came away in my fingers :rolleyes:
You’re going to have some grade A meds there. Doing well.

Yeah man I felt the branch give and I was gutted :oops: The thought crossed my mind to clip the branch off but it was one of the main side shoots and I just couldn’t bring myself to do it.:laughtwo:

I’ve always been amazed as to how resilient this plant can be and it’s will to grow. Thanks for stopping in the thread DD! Sending positive thoughts Aloha and a hui hou!

Sunny

I'll hang out for this one!
:popcorn:

Looks like you're dialed in, can't wait to see em cross the finish line!
:cheer::cheer::cheer:

Auwrite!! Mahalos for joining in Preston!

Back
Top Bottom