SunPulse Bulbs, Digital Ballasts, and you

ultrasonic

Hello all!

I have been doing some good old reading on this here internet, and have come across SunPulse brand bulbs. They are designed to work in Digital/Electronic ballasts, specifically for this reason:

Traditional magnetic ballasts fire a bulb at the standard 50/60hz that comes over the powerlines. These here SunPulse bulbs are supposed to be designed to run at the 20,000hz that digital ballasts run at.

They even have a 2 year warranty when used with an approved ballast.

They have a wide range of colors, but offer a standard "3K" bulb, which is basically a HPS bulb with a touch of MH. Some growers shun them because the lumen output is lower, but apparently it actually produces more USABLE light for the plant. They don't even rate their bulbs in lumens apparently, calling it a human measurement of light. Foot-candles is the unit they prefer.

Has anyone ever used these? The tech makes perfect sense to me, and I'm going to order one to go along with my 600w Lumatek that'll be coming. I also like how they even offer 10k and 20k bulbs for the "final week" to enhance trichromes. See? They know UV works, and I'll be damn sure that I use it too.

Linky Dinky: Sun Pulse - Home

Second webpage, better info: Application Notes

Back
Top Bottom