Sunshine mix #4

Rayi

I was given a few bales of Sunshine mix # 4 with nutrition pack. Money is tight and I am really weak from being sick. Can I use this for outside. When do I use the nutrition pack and when can I start using my Dr. Earth nutes

I checked some of your other postings and noticed that you already grow outside during Michigan summers.

How were you planning on using the bales of Sunshine Mix? On-line researching shows that there are 2 different products with that basic name. Both are peat moss based with Perlite and a few other additives. I cannot find that that the Sunshine Mix #4 contains any mineral soil or compost or worm castings.

I wonder if they are just fancy bales of Peat Moss with additives and meant to be mixed with mineral soils, compost and/or worm castings.

What does the nutrition pack contain? Also which packages of the the Dr. Earth nutrients or fertilizers do you have?

Getting close to the time when it will be safe to start planting outside in the lower part of Michigan.

Sunshine mix #4 is a soilless mix with a small amount of nutrients to support young plants up to about week 4 then requires nutrient to be added
I add small amount of veg nutrient 1/4 strength to assist during veg
I have used this mix with some compost to grow outside in pots later in flower I add additional nutrients such as botanicare flower or mega crop to assist further growth
Happy growing!

I'm extending my grow. Usually start with FFOF and use Dr Earth grow and Dr Earth bloom. Add admendments in fall for the next year. Have no idea what is in the nutrition packs. Most likely will use the sunshine mix and add compost because it looks to me like fancy Coco coir.

Getting close to the time when it will be safe to start planting outside in the lower part of Michigan.

Thats interesting - seriously?? In Upstate NY here - in the low 40s day time and high 20s at night nobody planting anything but peas and beans here. We maybe a tad farther north than Detroit.

If the OP is working outside I'd just dig a hole and mix those bales up with some compost and EWC and fill the holes and plant the plants. Likely the soil around the holes will have enough minerals for a tree or three. The peat moss will give the plants roots some better aeration and lower the pH temporarily while the plants grow big af. Dont forget the mycos.

I'm in 60 gallon fabric. The dirt is 4 inches of top soil then clay mixed with rocks down as far as you can dig. It took me weeks to put in 32 posts 3 feet down.

Thats interesting - seriously?? In Upstate NY here - in the low 40s day time and high 20s at night nobody planting anything but peas and beans here. We maybe a tad farther north than Detroit.

If the OP is working outside I'd just dig a hole and mix those bales up with some compost and EWC and fill the holes and plant the plants. Likely the soil around the holes will have enough minerals for a tree or three. The peat moss will give the plants roots some better aeration and lower the pH temporarily while the plants grow big af. Dont forget the mycos.
Around here, southern part Macomb County, in SE Michigan it is getting close. I am moving my geraniums and culinary herbs outside and only bringing them in when the temps are dropping below 32, like last night. This weekend will start a cold spell with daytime in the 40s and nights in the mid 30s with one night at 32 (in the current 10 day forecast). They have spent the winter in the back room which is unheated and only gets sunlight through the one door wall. They have broken dormancy so those plants have started new growth and are using more water. Between 2 and 4 weeks and we should be safely past the last frost date so tender plants can go outside. So, yep, it is getting close

The recreational herb plants that I am thinking of growing on the patio or by the fence will go outside the last two weeks of May or very early June. Waiting till then because of how I am thinking of training them and and not because of temperatures or frost.

I'm extending my grow. Usually start with FFOF and use Dr Earth grow and Dr Earth bloom. Add admendments in fall for the next year. Have no idea what is in the nutrition packs. Most likely will use the sunshine mix and add compost because it looks to me like fancy Coco coir.
Fancy Peat Moss, for sure. If you are as tight for money as I am there are a couple of ideas. At the going price for the bales of Sunshine Mix #4 you could consider trading them with another grower for something else you could use. Or, or selling them to somebody who wants them and buying plain ol' Peat Moss and have some change left over.

Just some thoughts.

Sunshine Mix#4 is the same as Promix HP

I am using it now with Mega Crop nutes
Works great and no need to pH my water or nute mix

It's soil, not Coco

I have always used Pro mix Hp with Mycorrhizae. But with this virus shit going on they did not have it in my area. So I am using Sunshine advanced #4 with Mycorrhizae. This is a soil less mixture and is recommended when promix is not available as per Doc Buds high brix growers. Using the Sunshine mix, use what you would normally for nutrients and you should be all set.

Back
Top Bottom