Sunshine On A Brainy Day — PS Dwarf Star Lights Up My Life

Upon further re- reading of your great intro and subsequent well wishes, it seems I've not subscribed yet my dear. Great looking light you've got there now, it will make a world of difference. I'm very happy to see your progress with your green thumb but most of all the brain training. I'll try and keep up as best I can, good luck G2heal... It's a whole new chapter :Namaste:

KiG :green_heart:cheers

*Thanks Snid, it wouldn't be the same without your presence...;) It's been amazing learning from your journal. A new chapter indeed...;)

I fucking love this place ...

* I f*cking love this place too. hahahaha

Wow G2HM! Your self watering system is extremely impressive. You should be very proud of yourself Coming up with something as innovative as that. Only words that keep coming back to my mind... Wow.... make that WOWEEEE!

So happy you have a place for your tree. I love nature and find it very relaxing. I go down to the forest by the water to play guitar every week in the summer time if u can. Nothing like watching something grow. Especially when it will live for 100+ years. Lovin it G2HM! Keep it up!:green_heart:

P.S. WOWEEEE!!! Lol

Cheers,

Smoke green and prosper!
:passitleft:

Thank you CHED for the positive feedback. When I step back it looks like so much extra work to water my plants. But it makes so much sense to me, a brainy workaround. Hoping I rewired some brain waves creating this project, I just can't get enough of growing. Your words are such a welcome treat to my rehabilitation. Welcome to the journey...;)

@Tricam - My brain is hyper-focused on your pics of the animals. Amazing how my brain fixates and becomes immediately captivated by growing and animals. This is why I visit the horses so often. I don't feel my symptoms around animals and in my garden. I feel like I can do anything in those two areas. Animal therapy is something that should be for all brain patients.

@Tricam - My brain is hyper-focused on your pics of the animals. Amazing how my brain fixates and becomes immediately captivated by growing and animals. This is why I visit the horses so often. I don't feel my symptoms around animals and in my garden. I feel like I can do anything in those two areas. Animal therapy is something that should be for all brain patients.[/QUOTE]

I also rely on both to help. They help my brain slow down. And, enjoy hours of pain free life!
(If you can enlarge pic. 2 of 3 horses in background lol.)
Your pleasure is my pleasure .

@Tricam - My brain is hyper-focused on your pics of the animals. Amazing how my brain fixates and becomes immediately captivated by growing and animals. This is why I visit the horses so often. I don't feel my symptoms around animals and in my garden. I feel like I can do anything in those two areas. Animal therapy is something that should be for all brain patients.

I also rely on both to help. They help my brain slow down. And, enjoy hours of pain free life!
(If you can enlarge pic. 2 of 3 horses in background lol.)
Your pleasure is my pleasure .[/QUOTE]

*Awwwwwwwwwwwww, I wish I could be there today. But these pictures are totally doing the trick. I would love to learn more about your journey, you must tap me on the shoulder when you start your journal.

OH tricam, I think I figured out what you are saying about the add limestone. Okay, I'm gonna give it a try. The promix has limestone that leeches calcium later on. If I keep adding cal/mag the entire time, I am potentially calcifying my plants causing a hard grow soil? Perhaps if I don't add cal/mag until flowering, then I will have a more ph balanced soil?

I noticed you earlier over on SweetSues thread and checked out both of your grow journals.

I love your idea for the self watering containers. Very creative.

I think I'll follow along here and see how this grow goes for you.

Welcome to journal where my failures are still successful...lol ;)

Thank you for the kudos I just love building stuff.

Please pull up any luxury chair that is available and enjoy the greenery as my butler offers you an array of complimentary goodies on a silver platter...lol.;) ok my brain wishes...;)

I'm just glad I got here at the beginning and I've gotta say your intro was exactly what I needed on this fine Easter morning. Puts things in perspective for me and it's just what I needed sometimes I forget about everyone else ya know. I way jealous of your light that things freaking awesome. Two comments: imho autos grow best at 20/4 I've tried 18/6 and 24/0 and 20/4 was the best and when I say best I mean visibly the best for the plant. And you had said that you've had a couple failed attempts but now you've got a good run under your belt your confident. So what was the best harvest and what did you do different to make it successful. Happy Easter I'm gonna pull up a chair and watch this grow #global420betterlivin

I found this interesting. I grow mine at 18/6, a practice I developed on the advice of a professional grower who stood by his contention that the most effective lighting schedule for autos was 18/6. I just love the way this plant grows the way it wants to. :laughtwo: We love them and they love us back.

How much difference have you seen in yield with the 20/4 lighting ohioboy?

Phew thank you for responding you guys, I never know how screwy my ideas really are. .

Your ideas are amazing girl. Keep them coming. :hug: I champion a system we call SWICK, that essentially lets the plant water itself. The plants sit on a bed of perlite that wicks the water up to the pots. I like the cleanliness of your approach, and the fact that it works so well for your particular needs. The perlite can get a bit messy sometimes. The chief advantage is when you have to be away longer than 2-3 days. The SWICK reservoirs can be up to 8" deep, and that allows you to leave a healthy plant for up to a week and come back to a happy garden with unexpected growth.

But you girl...... I'm in for the ride. Make it a long one, if you please. I'm not the only one in this room who will be happy about you sticking with us for years. :hug: :love:

Am I to understand that the degeneration is related to Alzheimer's? If so you certainly choose the proper medication. As little as 10 mg of THC once a day will halt the disease in its tracks, and CBD is a neuroprotector. I don't put anything outside the realm of possibility when we acknowledge the healing potential of the ECS. We already know it's possible to grow new brain cells, and this is probably one of the signalling functions of the ECS.

You have the growing part under control G2Healme. Those are some sweet clones. :high-five: You're well on the road to having a system your brain can accept. I don't have brain damage and I still have my formulas and the step-by-step instructions taped to the inside of my cupboard door so I don't screw up the sequence or forget something. I just met you and I consider you incredibly adapted to the tasks at hand.b:laughtwo: This crowd of accepting souls you've attracted will help you come to the reality that you are perfect, just the way you are. That will go a long way to helping you heal.

I'm going to enjoy this joyful journey. Thank you for inviting me. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Do you want us to discuss protocols here, so that it becomes part of the journal record? I feel this would be the most benefit to you, as well as the membership at large. You've already exposed so much of yourself I can't see this as a concern, but I want to be open about it. I believe you have much to be hopeful for. All we're doing is feeding your body the cannabinoids to assist healing. Working through the particulars will be fun.

Remember what I said about being wordy? :laughtwo: I'll reign it back from now on, or at least I'll try not to overwhelm you. This time you overwhelmed me. :battingeyelashes:

Happy 420 G2HM and Family,
I grew up in northern NY. Sperigum peat moss was a staple for soil ammendment.
Don't change your feeding schedule. 4 to 5 weeks into your grow. You need to make a decision to decrease cal supplements. Or, keep an eye out for any changes.
Just good info to know about peat moss.

HAPPY 420 DAY MY AWESOME GROW FRIENDS - A beautiful day to be alive!

I apologize for my lengthy reply but it’s worth the read…;)

*Response to Sweet Sue...I am going to answer your posts by placing an * asterisk right beside my text. This has been the best way to address letters people write me. I am often confused easily so I have some communication tools to keep me on track. I hope you don't mind. ;)

"Your ideas are amazing girl. Keep them coming. I champion a system we call SWICK, that essentially lets the plant water itself. The plants sit on a bed of perlite that wicks the water up to the pots. I like the cleanliness of your approach, and the fact that it works so well for your particular needs. The perlite can get a bit messy sometimes. The chief advantage is when you have to be away longer than 2-3 days. The SWICK reservoirs can be up to 8" deep, and that allows you to leave a healthy plant for up to a week and come back to a happy garden with unexpected growth.

*Thank you kindly. I think I saw a thread on that, or I remember seeing a picture up close of it. They look like little white sacks, almost like candle wax. I will research more.

But you girl...... I'm in for the ride. Make it a long one, if you please. I'm not the only one in this room who will be happy about you sticking with us for years.

*For the first 3 months of my brain activity decrease my husband and I cried ourselves to sleep holding hands. It was heartbreaking. Since Sept 2015 we have made all my financial, death and hospice contacts. It was tearful planning for my death, it shocked us, we were numb going through the mandatory motions. Then Nov 2016 I finally got a diagnosis of FTD which yes, is Alzheimer’s for young folks like myself. We have continued to plan for my departure and now I know my husband will have the support and resources should I go gently into that dark night.

*In the meantime, we addressed my death every day with staring into each others’ eyes, putting a special app on our phones so he can find me and completely downsized my belongings. Hourly we whispere sweet love into each others ears…just in case. But then I started growing. Our convo’s that were filled with love and tears turned swiftly into love and growing. Both of us felt a shift in our energy because growing had started to show signs of progress instead of my demise. We were ready for death, but growing has given us life. I guess what I’m saying now, is that I’m ready to die if need be, I’m no longer afraid. But I’m not going out with a fight and now I’m better than I was a year ago. I have showed signs of progress that the medical team can’t explain.

Am I to understand that the degeneration is related to Alzheimer's? If so you certainly choose the proper medication. As little as 10 mg of THC once a day will halt the disease in its tracks, and CBD is a neuroprotector. I don't put anything outside the realm of possibility when we acknowledge the healing potential of the ECS. We already know it's possible to grow new brain cells, and this is probably one of the signalling functions of the ECS.

*YES, I have a variant of Alzheimers at the age of 44. After all this time of occupational therapies and research I have developed a theory of training my brain faster than the degeneration can take place. If we only use 11% of our brains then there is room to grow. Why can’t I reroute brain cells by learning 4x faster to create new brain cells.

*After a year, I’m learning faster than I ever have. Now keep in mind I’m a high functioning nerd so my aptitude is there, I just needed to find it again. The learning at my own pace has given me a new lease on life and I give my husband daily updates on my garden. My husband helps me build stuff and invests in my journey whenever he can. I don’t stutter or forget things when I’m speaking about my garden. In fact, I’m a whole new excited little girl. I don’t feel my symptoms when I’m tending to my plants. My husband saw my progress and is hopeful about our future.

*I have had lots of improvements to my brain since growing. For some reason I am writing poetry like never before. I try to speak in normal sentences but the words don’t come so easily, but writing has excelled in my life, so creating journals is my medicine. Then all these puns and rhyming pours out of me and it’s all new traits to help me communicate. I have regained my confidence back because I don’t feel like I’m dying anymore. I could feel darkness in my brain before, but now I feel like I got a whole grow op in my brain with colours and tasks for me to work on, at my pace. I’m almost a new person.

You have the growing part under control G2Healme. Those are some sweet clones. You're well on the road to having a system your brain can accept. I don't have brain damage and I still have my formulas and the step-by-step instructions taped to the inside of my cupboard door so I don't screw up the sequence or forget something. I just met you and I consider you incredibly adapted to the tasks at hand.b This crowd of accepting souls you've attracted will help you come to the reality that you are perfect, just the way you are. That will go a long way to helping you heal.

*Thank you, clones fascinate me. I feel like I’m kinda cloning myself, a piece of my former self. I feel like my friends here keep me alive by chatting me up daily. The support I have rec’d here is saving my life. Even little comments and kudos help retrain my brain. When people encourage me and send me grow love, I feel that my brain feeds on that to heal. So I humbly accept even though, I was never the one to ask for help before my brain disease started. I learned to accept, adapt and remain humble. Now this symbiotic relationship I have with my garden makes me feel like I have a second chance at life. Every time I buy a seed, I feel like I’m cheating death. Adding 6 months here, 3 months there. The more seeds I have the happier I feel for my future. Completely changed my way of living as opposed to my way of dying.

I'm going to enjoy this joyful journey. Thank you for inviting me.

*I just want you to know that I have read your neuro threads, I have even bought aloe’s for the grow. I’ve been slowly taking your advice you give others and adapting that to my life throughout my year of growing. I didn’t feel I was at a point to ask for help from you because I could barely read when I arrived at 420 mag. Now that I have the proper tools, I took this massive step to contact you. I had to prove to myself that I could do this. You were the reward to my hard work to date. I finally got the courage to write you yesterday. Thank you for accepting. I’ll do my best.

Do you want us to discuss protocols here, so that it becomes part of the journal record? I feel this would be the most benefit to you, as well as the membership at large. You've already exposed so much of yourself I can't see this as a concern, but I want to be open about it. I believe you have much to be hopeful for. All we're doing is feeding your body the cannabinoids to assist healing. Working through the particulars will be fun.

*YES, let's do this in my journal. Exposing myself is a risk I must do to save my life. I hope my friends here will weather the process with me, as society doesn’t want anything to do with me. My husband said that if anyone was to harass me about growing medicine for myself, that he will make sure every media source in Canada will know about the authorities preventing a “terminal brain patient” from saving her life. We have jumped in with both feet in hopes that we can save my life. Anything or anyone in our way, will feel the wrath of my buddy the “Kraken.” Hahahaha.

Remember what I said about being wordy? I'll reign it back from now on, or at least I'll try not to overwhelm you. This time you overwhelmed me.

*My brain never stops thinking. I write every day. I even overwhelm myself and have to use ice to stop the headaches from all the retraining going on. Thank you soooooo much for caring, you are a saving grace. I’m ready to grow to heal me! Bless your heart, G2HM.

You honor me with this brilliant and animated response. I practically live here on this site, and I often forget the influence I have. I don't think of myself like that, just as Sue. I'm thankful some of what I contribute can enhance your life.

You'll never outdo me in wordiness, but damn girl! You do well. I have quite the head start on you, but then this isn't a competition is it?

You nearly broke my heart with the planning for death story. Dale and I went through that process twice before he died. The first time they talked us into peritoneal dialysis, giving us another two years. Nothing about that experience was easy, except the love we shared doing it. Coming face to face with your mortality will either make or break you. Ironic, isn't it, that it hit you both ways? :laughtwo: I'm pleased that you discovered growing. It was growing with this community that got me through grief. I needed a reason to go on, and the garden had me planning months in advance. I see you have the same therapy at work in your life.

When I came here I wasn't aware we had endocannabinoid systems. Learning that, and meeting CajunCelt changed my life and got me into the medical threads. Now I'm convinced there isn't a human condition that couldn't be improved with cannabinoid therapies.

Dale and I shared 34 years together, the last 20 fighting to keep him alive and laughing. We never passed without touching and there wasn't a day that passed that I didn't stop him at some point and ask

"Have I told you lately how much I love you?"

He ate it up. :cheesygrinsmiley: Good Lord, I loved that man. :battingeyelashes: :love: How nice to meet a woman who feels the same way about the man sharing her life.

What method of administration are you using now? Have you explored making oils? I think an infused olive oil would be acceptable to get the body on a regular diet of cannabinoids. The confusion in the brain is caused at the root by inflammatory response, so a strain with at least a balanced ratio of the major cannabinoids would be my preference, if not one with a 1:2 THC:CBD ratio. It doesn't take much THC to stop the progression of the disease. It sounds to me like you and your ECS are already ahead of the game. I believe you're correct in thinking you're creating more new cells faster than any damage being done.

The ECS runs on your belief system. When you believed your days were numbered you were dying more swiftly than necessary, and a good part of the acceleration was due to your belief. Things have changed. You figured out that this is all a game and the idea is to have fun with it, regardless of what's going on around you or in you. You have a great zest for life GTHM. I like your chances of passing me up in the number of posts slot. I warn you though, I'm just getting started myself. :cheesygrinsmiley:

You really are an inspiration girl. :kisstwo:

I need to be here to watch you grow. I'd love to see more of the poetry.

*I have had lots of improvements to my brain since growing. For some reason I am writing poetry like never before. I try to speak in normal sentences but the words don't come so easily, but writing has excelled in my life, so creating journals is my medicine. Then all these puns and rhyming pours out of me and it's all new traits to help me communicate. I have regained my confidence back because I don't feel like I'm dying anymore. I could feel darkness in my brain before, but now I feel like I got a whole grow op in my brain with colours and tasks for me to work on, at my pace. I'm almost a new person.

:hug: I can almost see you becoming that new person.

G2HMs hubby here...she woke up with her terrible migraines again. She said she'll be back when she can read and write in a couple days. Thanks for helping my wife.

Those capsules I'm talking to her about - made with a balanced ratio of THC:CBD they halted my daughter's migraines within days of beginning the protocol. This is something I advise you look into.

Be well Baby. :hug::hug::hug: :love:

Hey G2HM,
I'm sorry to hear you are having bad migraines. I get bad ones as well but nothing compared to you I'm sure. I hope you feel better soon. Thank your hubby for letting us know so we don't worry about u :circle-of-love:.

I just wanted you to know the letter of responses you wrote to sweetsue touched my heart and brought a tear to my eye. You will be in my thoughts and I hope that your progress continues.

Hi Everyone, I'm back from the darkness, celebrating the light.

What a killer migraine, wowzers. I think I may have overdone it last week and my brain just shut me down for a few days. It's a hole of pain I just have to muster until I can sit up in bed again. Felt like I had a very tight motorcycle helmet on. I can't stand light, noise and unable to focus. I lay in bed and sleep the time away.

My honey is so good at taking care of me. He even watered all my plants for me cause I set up those easy self-watering routine, he knew exactly what to do. Cause we know what USED to happen to my plants before...lol. yikes!

I'll be catching up this week and promise to post updates on the CBD clones I have going on.

Thank you for all the well wishes, you guys are so awesome. I treasure each and every one of you! ;)

I need to be here to watch you grow. I'd love to see more of the poetry.
:hug: I can almost see you becoming that new person.

Here is a my most recent poetry MagicJim...hope you like it!

"What it would mean to be MOTM...

It's a pat on the back, not from the lack, of hard work staying on track.

It's a reward overcoming the cognitive blues, I'll be proud regardless whomever you choose.

My friends here are worth it, growing green for brain benefit, accepting borrowed time with credit.

Taking risks and accepting my fate, being humble is a required trait, when my brain lets me concentrate and rejuvenate.

This site is giving me a new purpose in life, out of the strife, cutting my worries in half with a canna-butter knife.

My new light, gives me reason to fight, to grow a harvest out of sight, before I walk gently into the night.

Thank you for making me feel special and proud, like floating on a cloud, yelling gratitude out loud.

This is my 3rd time here, but a girl can wish Crystal clear? Crosses Fingers!

I have overcome my fear and not shed a tear, do not look past my derriere.

I’m already a winner, rotisserie breast and thigh chicken dinner, a star in the sky waiting to shimmer.

Congratulations to all of the finalists, growing Cannabis with karmic fists, weathering societal twists.

Thank you to all who invested in me, I promise you positivity, one day at a time rehabbing my brain activity, I will remember writing this as soon as you remind me…lol.

G2HM"

Those capsules I'm talking to her about - made with a balanced ratio of THC:CBD they halted my daughter's migraines within days of beginning the protocol. This is something I advise you look into.

Be well Baby. :hug::hug::hug: :love:

*Thank you so much:love:

Get well soon G2HM! .

*Thank you very much:circle-of-love:

Give gthm a big hug from me C.

*Thank you kindly:love:

Hey G2HM,
I'm sorry to hear you are having bad migraines. I get bad ones as well but nothing compared to you I'm sure. I hope you feel better soon. Thank your hubby for letting us know so we don't worry about u :circle-of-love:.

I just wanted you to know the letter of responses you wrote to sweetsue touched my heart and brought a tear to my eye. You will be in my thoughts and I hope that your progress continues.

*Thank you CHED that was sweet of you to say. You have migraines then you def can relate. I'm glad my writing is inspiring you and others. It's humbling, thanks for helping me. ;)

Pain is relative, healing is forever...;):thanks:

Back
Top Bottom