Super Lemon Haze DWC 210W LED ScrOG

Green Knight

So this is the fourth journal, this round growing Super Lemon Haze. Otherwise same set up as the last grow: a 210W LED, DWC, andf Canna nutrients. I have switched to Canna Aqua though so no longer need to worry about pH which is helpful for going away and stuff. I've been impressed with it so far.

She's around 3-4 weeks since germ. I've topped her once (on Monday) and also defoliated. I'm going to see how we go with this grow in terms of defoliation.

Another couple of weeks and I'll flip. I'm expecting a bit of stretch so want to flip early. I think one to two weeks and she'll be ready.

Anyway, here are some photos. Nutes are 1.3EC, pH is holding around 5.8, RH between 40-50% - a little higher would be good, but it will go up as she gets bigger, and temps are steady around 30C.

IMG_21594.JPG

IMG_21605.JPG

IMG_21616.JPG

IMG_21626.JPG

Ha ha, cheers mate - that was quick!

Her branches grow much quicker than the Berry Bomb so she's staying quite compact, it's nice. I also really like her leaves, great big fingers!

Bid! Thanks mate, great to have you along. Hope all's well - I've got a lot of catching up to do. I like the sound of your led, I hope it's working out, I've been really happy with mine. I'll head over and check your new journal out.

I'm subbed and have to agree, killer bush, especially for 4 weeks old :Namaste:

Thanks mate, good to have you along. I've been looking forward to this SLH for a while. This one's attempt three (lost one to stem rot, second didn't germ) so I've lost a couple of months I reckon, but now she's taken she's doing well.

I'm sub'd. Very nice plant, and really like the DWC setup. Looking forward to seeing that girl grow;)

Thanks stealth: it's a cupboard in a cupboard, and DIY DWC made from totes. Works really nicely and the Canna Aqua makes it even lower maintenance as I don't really need to bother with pH now. Fingers crossed everything will work out nice....

I'm subbed and have to agree, killer bush, especially for 4 weeks old :Namaste:
Hey rune this guy green knight does great mini Scrog Dwc if you didn't already know and got great results with LED last run,fun to watch,
I'm sub'd. Very nice plant, and really like the DWC setup. Looking forward to seeing that girl grow;)

Thanks stealth: it's a cupboard in a cupboard, and DIY DWC made from totes. Works really nicely and the Canna Aqua makes it even lower maintenance as I don't really need to bother with pH now. Fingers crossed everything will work out nice....
Hj I'd like to see your diy Dwc setup in detail,do you have pics,I think hydro is going to plagued till I get a success under my belt, every time I try it goes to hell I never get but 2 roots in the res it's very gaytarded
Lol it may never be my forte but damn it it can't be that hard! Lmao!

Hey rune this guy green knight does great mini Scrog Dwc if you didn't already know and got great results with LED last run,fun to watch,
Hj I'd like to see your diy Dwc setup in detail,do you have pics,I think hydro is going to plagued till I get a success under my belt, every time I try it goes to hell I never get but 2 roots in the res it's very gaytarded
Lol it may never be my forte but damn it it can't be that hard! Lmao!

Thanks for the kind words bid, they're much appreciated mate.
It's a shame you've had such a run of bad luck with the hydro. I'm sure you'll find the issue and then everything will work out sweet.

My DWC is really simple: I bought a tote and cut a hole for a 3.5inch net pot to sit in without falling through. I germ the seeds in a little rock wool cube and that sits in a net pot surrounded with hydroton.
I fill the res up so the nute solution's about 0.5" from the bottom of the net pot and put an air stone in the res so lots f oxygen gets pumped in.
I did also have a pump which pumped nute solution up to the net pot but I've stopped that and taken it out because it wasn't necessary and you do get better and healthier root growth without it. Here a couple of photos that show the set up a bit:
IMG_080519.JPG

The tube you can see in this photo is from the pump but hadn't been used for a while, I'd just left it in. This is the Berry Bomb from my last grow - Once the roots hit the res they go crazy and don't mind being in the solution all the time, but the actual net pot root ball doesn't like getting too wet.
IMG_18445.JPG

A couple of tips I would give that I think if followed make DWC (and probably most hydro) really simple:
- Run DM Zone at all times. It's not expensive and covers your arse from all kinds of problems, including res temps getting too high and root rot. 4ml per 10l if your temps can creep up, otherwise just run it at 2ml per 10l. Great stuff
- pH is the single most important thing in my opinion. If the pH stays nicely around 5.8, or swings through the 5.2-6.2 range slowly then problems will be minimal. A lot of hydro problems are caused by pH, and wonky calibration on pH meters, or keeping it below 5.7 or above 6 at all times (which can cause lock outs if held there permanently) can be the reason for problems even when it seems like the pH is correct (I got a Mg def with a calibration out by 0.2 on my meter). Canna Aqua is very good for DWC and removes the pH worry, though to be fair for my size grow it's pretty low maintenance, but I imagine it can be a lot more difficult on larger grows.
- EC's important but not nearly as much as pH (most nute problems are pH related). I run my nutes so the EC stays constant as she drinks water (if the EC increases the solution's too hot, if the EC drops you can increase the nutes).

Keep persevering mate - you'll love it once it works!

wow, looks amazing, subbed in

Cheers mate, great to have you along.

Things are coming along nicely: she's growing really quick so the screen goes in in the next day or two I reckon. I'll have a bit of a clear out and then allow a week for her to recover and then I'll flip next weekend or thereabouts I think. I'll do a photo update in the next few days.

She's around four or five weeks from germ now and belting along nicely. Much thirstier than the Berry Bomb in the rate she drains the res. She's still only a baby and she's hammering her way through the nutes. EC 1.3 seems spot on: she's getting through a couple of litres a day and the EC's holding nicely as the res level drops.

She's looking nice, I really like her fan leaves:
IMG_21634.JPG

IMG_21656.JPG

IMG_21648.JPG

IMG_21709.JPG

She's about reached screen height so I had a bit of a clear out. Removed some of those beautiful fans, stripped out a lot of the crappy bottom growth and stuck the screen in. This week to recover and I then I think I'll be ready to flip the lights back end of next week / next weekend. I'm expecting more stretch wityh the SLH than I got with the Berry Bomb so I want to leave some screen to fill.
IMG_21669.JPG

IMG_216810.JPG

IMG_21726.JPG

IMG_21746.JPG

does that mean that you don't have to ph your water after adding nutrients or that the nutrients wont effect your ph when added?

I thought that I read somewhere that it is that it wont change your ph after added but that it will still fluctuate and need to be kept in check.Asking because I am interested in using a ph stable system.

Beautiful plant!
Seeing all the success with LED lights makes me believer and I am very interested in finding a affordable LED system that will cover my 3x3 tent through the whole grow,just cant afford a 1000 dollar light when I can get a 400 watt hid for under 200.

Basically you mix the nutes, additives etc and pH down as normal (Canna recommend to 5.2). I find the pH then rises over a couple of hours and settles on 5.8, and then that's theoretically all you need to do. Aqua's then meant to maintain the pH between 5.2-6.2 so it can swing around a bit but you don't have to worry because it will stay in that range, whereas the non-pH balanced formulas can swing outside that and cause issues, and need more regular adjustment.

To be honest I never really had any problems with Vega and I've found it behaves very similarly in the sense I need the same amount of pH down etc. (which also took Vega down to about 5.2 when I first mix the nutes and then it rose to 5.8 over a few hours. Good thing is it hasn't been a ball ache transferring over and getting used to differences in pH down etc).
I have noticed the pH stays a bit more stable as she drinks the nutes, and I went away and left her for 10 days and wasn't worried which was great. Got back and the pH was 6 and she was healthy so all good.
Aqua is still acidic so will drop the pH of your water, and you still need to pH down it when you first mix the nutes during a res change, but then you don't theoretically have to make any more adjustments so it is lower maintenance.

Your plant and scrog are looking amazing Greenknight. +reps for the nice scrog;)

:rollit:

Thanks stealthgrow, and cheers for the reps mate. It's nice getting the screen in, feels like things are starting to happen!

Back
Top Bottom