Super Lemon Haze Grow Through Grid Scrog

Hdinkleman

day 30

I have been purposefully trying to stunt this plants growth due to my “veg area” space limitations but now i got a tent.

i will use it for just veg, seed starting, but anyways here it goes—

- 1 nirvana super lemon haze seed

- currently under a 75 watt 5000k cob

- mixture of CANNA terra pro plus and mother earth coco/peat (which im switching to anyways)

- canna terra line nutes ( terra vega, terra flores, cannazyme, rhizotonic and bioboost)

- have been letting the roots dry a little to encourage rootball development before transplant

- 1 gallon smart pot transplanting into 5 gallon airpot

image.jpg

image.jpg

once i move it to the other tent it will be under 260 qb. will transplant to the 5 gallon as well.

going to use a hlg rspec qb for this grow as well

Here are a couple im trying my hand outdoors.

-organic supersoil, not sure if im gonna put them in the ground or 10 gallon smartpots? i dont want to buy a bunch of soil. think i will just dig some dirt up and supersoil that in the ground

-sun. best light there is, havent gotten a bill yet and its pretty powerful

just started giving them full sun this last week, going to be a semi-absentee grow so gotta take care when i get a chance to see them

2 nyc d autos from cks
1 original glue from nirvana

33BF5D3B-8AD1-4331-A4E2-E50C210EF101.jpeg

nycs on the left glue on the right.
topped all of them and cleaned them to the third node.
im not expecting much out of them, lets see what happens and see what a crappy grower can do with them

Transplanted into 5 gallon airpot and moved to main tent under hlg260 qb.

hopefully will get my rspec in a few weeks

i have never done a scrog before so this is gonna be a learning experience for me. still trying to wrap my head around exactly what i do with the grid, i used this instead of my trellis net because i figure it will be more convienient to move around for the time being

41575358-554B-4D9E-9745-5592D6F593DC.jpeg

Hey there. Happy to be in at the start here. Nice looking setup. Interested to see how the scrog works out. I like how you have the grid attached to the pot not the tent.

Highya Hd, DD,

I've never done a scrog, but I've seen them in the journals. A lot of veg time. So, during veg, the growing tops are woven around the net to increase the cola numbers. As you lay a cola down to the net, it encourages more colas to grow from nodes. Several journals show this. Probably the best journal for a scrog is HyenaMerica has a very well documented scrog grow.
Your ladies look healthy. This isn't your first grow, lol. Good luck on your grow and Cheers

I made a scrog net while mine were in stretch just in case they didn’t stall in time. I don’t think i’ll need it this round, but attaching the net to the bucket not the tent - definitely the way to go.

yeah im doing this so i can play with the light strength from the qb. shes getting bigger now

image.jpg

shes trilined!! lol

image.jpg

the screen is offset so i can have one end higher to even the light strength from the led

image.jpg

currently a hlg260 and a kind led micro flower bar for supplemental lighting

image.jpg

im at the point in my growing career that i know now what to defoliate to get the shape i want.
i will fill the screen to get a circle of colas, if that makes sense. this is my first scrog attempt so not sure what to expect with it though.

i have a trellis net, still contemplating doing a double scrog and using the net also after the circle grid fills up

Guess i should have renamed the thread.

the strain is actually lemon haze og, not super lemon haze.

but my scrog is super ghetto lol
i just duct taped a trellis net above the tomato net, my hope is that once the tomato net is full, i can reach up to the trellis net during the flowering stretch.

im planning to fill the entire tent with colas, so actual flowering wont begin for a while, i want to give at least another month of veg

369E3A3A-2984-44F5-8AA7-E06803DC00ED.jpeg

we are getting there. its my first scrog so didnt really know what to do. but am figuring it out as i go along

image.jpg

so i am not sure whether to grow it up to the screen, or to use it during the stretch.
still learning

image.jpg

all in all the plant is growing nicely, and fast.
dropping the light to 17/7 to hopefully encourage a bit more internode length though, i feel that since she was moved to 18/6 from 16/8 her internodes have shortened. (nirvana claims sativa dom hybrid lol)

had to make a few extra screen “rungs” due to topping the plants 3 ends.

image.jpg

i have done quite a bit if defoliation to space out the screen
and i clean everything within a few inches of the bottom if the screen grid

image.jpg

Currently 600 max ppfd at 18/6

switched to 12/12 on 7-10
currently 600ppfd, will raise to 900ppfd max for 38 DLI
in the next few days increasing ppfd in 100 increments per day.
after stretch will slowly raise to 1000 while monitoring light stress

i was able to get a decent fill on the grow through grid
next time around i will have a much better idea of what to do.
if they all grow out right it should be 20 tops
also wondering for best yield:size:time what would be best to aim for per plant in a scrog setup? there must be an optimal number of colas per plant that are decent sized but didnt add too much time to veg to make it worth it - size:time:yield

She’s gonna be huge, Dink! Good to see the progress - filling out nicely.
I haven’t grown a scrog yet. I will try one out for comparison in my next flowering room. I’ll be attaching it to the pot à-la HDink :)
So the only one of your questions I have the experience and expertise to answer is ‘how many is the optimal number of colas per plant’? Pretty sure the answer is ‘more’!

She’s gonna be huge, Dink! Good to see the progress - filling out nicely.
I haven’t grown a scrog yet. I will try one out for comparison in my next flowering room. I’ll be attaching it to the pot à-la HDink :)
So the only one of your questions I have the experience and expertise to answer is ‘how many is the optimal number of colas per plant’? Pretty sure the answer is ‘more’!

i will put a picture up as soon as lights are back on.
i thought that more colas=less size each is
less colas=bigger colas
total size of plant is determined by actual root ball size and light power spread

upload the pics in two hours

the scrog is awesome though seriously.
i have been mainlining for a bit now, never have scrogged till now but im thinking i should have from the start.
ita pretty awesome

day 3 flower

holy crap she put on a growth spurt last night.

she will reach the next screen soon. not sure what to do but will learn as i go lol. plenty of time in the next 12 weeks.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

i found out about the Ein=Eout so makes sense to me that its really hard to pull a lb off of a single 260 qb. estimate is probably close to a 1/2 lb off this plant, we’ll see how it goes. this is by far my healthiest quickest veg and have learned a ton in my first year of growing. i think more realistic is 1/2 lb per run due to my light limitations.

Also, measuring ppfd they are currently at 650 max ppfd. i will leave the light at current level and readjust once the plant hits the screen which will allow the plant to grow into the light a bit to adjust to flowering.

the last picture i defoliated a few nodes that were small. looking for all prize nugs, no larf at all

i will put a picture up as soon as lights are back on.
i thought that more colas=less size each is
less colas=bigger colas
total size of plant is determined by actual root ball size and light power spread

upload the pics in two hours

the scrog is awesome though seriously.
i have been mainlining for a bit now, never have scrogged till now but im thinking i should have from the start.
ita pretty awesome
Thanks Dink. The more I’m reminded about caring for the roots the more sense it’s making.
>potential=<limitation
That canopy is starting to look interesting ,
:yummy:

Thanks Dink. The more I’m reminded about caring for the roots the more sense it’s making.
>potential=<limitation
That canopy is starting to look interesting ,
:yummy:

yes 1 year into growing i feel like im making alot of connections in my head of what is actually happening with the plants.

i have been told numerous times what to do or what wont happen, but i never fully understood the processes that were limiting factors in bud and plant growth.

i could write a few pages about how to maximize a plant yield at this point, im starting to put the pieces together about the relationship between light height, light power and light spread. it all relates to getting the DLI to the farthest reaches of your light and how getting a high enough ppfd to the edges of your growing space.

E(energy)In=Eout
thus
285+25= approx 300 total watts=300 total watts translated to buds.

so if i can get 1watt:1 gram, i should average close to 300 grams, with ideal enviroment

I get the energy part of the equation. I wonder, though ;) how the energy output of a gram of bud is benchtested? The equation has to work both ways. Or is it just a pat way to describe what we’re aiming for as a decent yield?
I got an app to test as a light meter, but it turned out to be junk. That, or my lifeproof phone case throws it off. I, too, see the beginnings of a glimmer of a light understanding of these matters. And a need for a better meter. Cheers :)

Ein= Eout is more complicated than just watts in: watts out.

reason i thought about this is because 1 gram per watt seems to be a benchmark. if you are doing it good, but if you arent you probably arent maximizing your potential in the plant

so translating that to Ein=Eout, we could then reason that E=out is 1 gram and use the benchmark of 1 gram per watt as the other side of the equation.

so in that equation
if E=300 watts, Eout= 300 grams

but i dont have a killareader to actually measure what the lights pull from the wall, the manufacturers stats say 135-285 so for estimates sake (and i never turn it completely to 100%) i round down to 250 watts total.

so for this grow of 1 plant, i am shooting for 250 grams.

And now that i am kind of starting to know what i am doing, my next thought would be to try repeating my “im trying to grow lb plants” journal and do it better.

i know currently space is my MAIN limiter of yield. so what do i plug into the equation to get 450 grams on the other side?
maximizing ALL parameters is impossible for me in my grow settings, so i am thinking to add a plant.

this time, same strains and use clones to get the same growing characteristics to maintain an equal size roughly.

rather than growing two opposite strains that have different flower times as well

Back
Top Bottom