Super Lemon Haze & Pure Kush

Hey bud, you can safely increase H2O2 to 50ml/L

My plants look great now. They seemed to like the strong peroxide solution I used on them.

Hey bud, you can safely increase H2O2 to 50ml/L

My plants look great now. They seemed to like the strong peroxide solution I used on them.

Nice one blaze thanks for that. I think I need to increase the dosage, those mites are still there. Might simmer some hot chilies to the mix.

I had spider mites attack my white rhino about seven months ago. they were only on one plant. it had been vegging for five months, providing clones for me. I moved it to flower and noticed the mites at week two. I had five other plants in late flower in the room at that time. my solution? I threw away the infected rhino before it could spread to my other plants. im pretty sure the only way to truly get rid of them, is to get rid of the source.
speaking of source, what is the cause of these little buggers? I keep a tidy room and am miffed at how I get mites.

hey mussh, its a shame you had to throw away the rhino. I don't think I would ever discard a plant because of spider mites unless it was terribly bad. I think they strive in dry conditions with low humidity. I may have waited too long between watering's i.e. 5/6 days, I'll try 4/5 days & keep things a little more humid.

I think in some cases these mites are inevitable, especially in warmer climates. Unless you keep the grow room polished, ensure you change shoes & clothes before entering, keep outdoor plants away, keep the temps in check & close the windows then its very hard to keep them at bay. Plus some strains are more prone to them. In my case I have a small garden outside with other plants & I'm in & out the grow room like a yo yo at times lol.

:Namaste:

Ladybugs and Praying Mantis work well also. I plant Rosemary and Oregano in my outdoor boxes because their aroma works as bug repellant.
HOZ

Hey buddy, I sometimes see a mantis in the garden...pretty scary looking lol! However I don't think the adults bother with mites, too small. Its the larva or pupa we want for mites I think.

I forgot to say these spider mites are on another SLH, again its not much. Evidently I don't have enough ladybugs in there to stop this although I'm sure they are helping...There's maybe up to 20 in there. I was hoping they would have started laying eggs since they have been mating & seem quite content in there . Once they lay eggs it's a matter of days before there's an army of voracious larva that should help greatly or completely finish those mites off.

Does anyone know how long before they lay eggs once they mate? I will post this question in the problems/answer section.

hey In my case I have a small garden outside with other plants & I'm in & out the grow room like a yo yo at times lol.

my wife said I can grow cannabis if I grow her vegetables also. so that's probably how I get the mites. im outside looking at plants and then I go right into my grow room like an idiot. I have only had two cases of mites and I tossed both those rhinos. come to think of it, I have grown about 6-7 different phenol and the rhino has been the only one to get it. they both were older vegging plants in a humid room with possible over watering. my drier rhino was not affected and located in the same room. I really like the idea of growing herbs to ward off pests, I think I may try that.

I really like the idea of growing herbs to ward off pests, I think I may try that.

Hey mussh your garden is probably where you invited them in from...or not. Who know's for sure, just blame the wife though lol!

I've heard about herbs that ward off spider mites including chives. I actually planted a few chives in the garden a few weeks ago, might be worth digging some up & transplanting to a small pot indoors?

:thumb:

Hey mussh , just blame the wife lol!

done and done!

im wondering if reverse psychology might work on spider mites. find a plant they like more than cannabis and grow it as a sacrifice to the little devils!

done and done!

im wondering if reverse psychology might work on spider mites. find a plant they like more than cannabis and grow it as a sacrifice to the little devils!

Hey mussh that's one way to go for sure & it probably works...I wonder what plants they just can't say no to?

Update day 12 flower.

Been a while since I uploaded any pics;

day12:
flower1211.jpg

day12:
flower12_2_.JPG

Overall they're looking good. Not been adding much nutes at all since I started but gave them 1/4 strength of early flower nutes last watering. I think I may have waited too long between watering's i.e. 5/6 days which may have contributed to the spider mites which like dry conditions. Plus it's getting hotter so will water every 4 days from now on.

Spider mites are still there on two SLH's. There's not many I can see but they're there for sure...I keep squishing them with my fingers to avoid spraying in order to give those few ladybugs a chance to lay eggs. They seem settled & happy where they are so it might work soon. Plus RH is around 70% or more now & I don't think mites will like that. Just hoping this doesn't turn into a full blown infestation while I'm sitting around waiting for those eggs lol!

Look at reptile bulb UVB150, about $30,. It wiped out my mites and caused higher resin production. Place anywhere within 24" and all mites and eggs die.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Look at reptile bulb UVB150, about $30,. It wiped out my mites and caused higher resin production. Place anywhere within 24" and all mites and eggs die.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

Thanks miller but unfortunately I'm currently in a location where there's no online deliveries otherwise I would try that. I can only buy what's in the market here & there's no such bulbs. I will get one in future though that's for sure.

I came across the following article about certain uv lights wreaking havoc on mites especially short wave like you already mentioned uvb & uvc.

https://www.nature.com/articles/srep07383

I thought some of you might find this interesting. Thanks again miller.

How is your battle with the mites progressing? You kicking ass and taking names??

How is your battle with the mites progressing? You kicking ass and taking names??

I wish...not quite taking names yet. I squished about 10 mites earlier, they seem to come back within a day. Clearly I don't have enough ladybugs & there isn't many in the garden outside...I caught 2 so far today, yesterday I got 4 & the day before that 6.

I'm in a bit of a dilemma, I could the spray the hell out of those plants everyday with strong stuff but the ladybugs will die or I can give them a bit more time to lay eggs which should annihilate the mites BUT if they don't lay eggs I run the risk of an infestation.

I choose to give them a chance, especially since they seem comfortable in there & I can add a few more everyday. Of course I'll help by squishing the mites I see. If I think it's getting out of hand then plan b will come into play & hopefully it won't be too late to avert a full blown invasion by the so called 'borg'. Where is captain picard when you need him lol!

Back
Top Bottom