Super Lemon Haze & Sourcream / NFT / 400w HPS / June 2009

The plants are already growing about 1,5"/day, but I added two coke-bottle carbon-oxidiizers to the growroom (an idea i got from this board, don't remember the nickname: 2l coke bottle, sugar, yeast + warm water -> shake well, pinch a hole to the cap), let's see if it helps even further..

Here is the T5HO fixture, the sourcream mother and the first cutling:
280720091591.jpg

Thanks for comments!
I had to get a new system, as i moved to a new country.. So i ordered the NFT which never arrived. But i have used NFT before with a friend, so it's not by any means new idea to me. So yea, in that way the nick is misleading! But, i'll make another attempt at it later.

I do have a separate veg room, and i have two mothers in there. These three i have in those newer pictures are plants grown straight from the feminized seeds. I do have time constraints and i can't do anything about them at this grow, I knew it before i started this grow. But I do have the two mothers so i can take cutlings for my new project in which i do not have strict time limits. This grow is more of a test-run of my homemade hydro (or it was planned for the NFT but.. force majeur).

This is what happens when you're in hurry and your plans fail miserably - you just have to make best of it!

Right on. Hope your hydro experiment gets you the results you want. The CO2 thing though, I'n not so sure how much it is going to help yet. A small chamber with recirculating and cooled air will allow it to work some but if you are venting the chamber regularly, it will most likely be a waste of time and effort. Done right, CO2 can pack on weight and help deal with some higher temps though.

Thank you for your comments!
I have relatively high temps in the growroom (especially now during the heatwave), so i decided to try this CO2 technique, and it seems to have helped a bit. I won't invest more in it, as you munki wrote it's waste of effort. But i like to experiment, as this grow is mostly experiment for me, i don't expect a great yield mostly due to the problems i've encountered while the newest one being that the timer broke (damn)

Thanks Mr! How long did you flower your G13? These girls have shown their first pubes this week, and i would hope them to be ready by the end of september but i don't know if it's too optimistic..

Btw, the sourcream mtoher i have looks more like a indica-type than the one i have in flowering chamber. Pretty weird? THey are both grown from seed tho so phenotypes could vary.

I won't invest more in it, as you munki wrote it's waste of effort. But i like to experiment, as this grow is mostly experiment for me, i don't expect a great yield mostly due to the problems i've encountered while the newest one being that the timer broke (damn)

Nothing wrong with experimentation. Go for it in that regard.

A timer broke? Wow, I thought those things could work forever.

Nothing wrong with experimentation. Go for it in that regard.

A timer broke? Wow, I thought those things could work forever.

Yes, in this case the money spent on the CO2 is less than one dollar so it's not a big financial investment!

Some of the timers do not handle the high peak voltage of HPS ballast even if they are supposed to and they break down. I suspect that this happened as the timer was stuck. I replaced it with a digital timer, but i really hate these things, i don't trust them at all. I hope the plants won't became hermis now. Should get a contactor (or whatever it's called) but they cost shitloads and can't afford one now

Here's newer pictures. From the other one you can see the flowers in the taller SLH, which grows in a funny fashion i think, as the nodes are twice as far from each other compared to the other 2 plants. I also moved the cooltube on the side of the growroom where the sourcream is, as the SLH is already almost touching the cool tube (it has grown even more after this picture).
04082009168.jpg

04082009171.jpg

I have relatively high temps in the growroom (especially now during the heatwave), so i decided to try this CO2 technique, and it seems to have helped a bit. I won't invest more in it, as you munki wrote it's waste of effort. But i like to experiment, as this grow is mostly experiment for me, i don't expect a great yield mostly due to the problems i've encountered while the newest one being that the timer broke (damn)

Thanks Mr! How long did you flower your G13? These girls have shown their first pubes this week, and i would hope them to be ready by the end of september but i don't know if it's too optimistic..

Btw, the sourcream mtoher i have looks more like a indica-type than the one i have in flowering chamber. Pretty weird? THey are both grown from seed tho so phenotypes could vary.

Flowered the G13 for 9 - 10 weeks, i wanted a big stoned effect and got a good 4 ounces off it, was very please.

everythings looking good, must be hairs everywhere now?

They grow so fast! Yes, i like the pots too. The SC is growing it's roots already out of the pot. Should i do something about it or let it be?

Here's a new pic. Look how fast they grow! All are now showing white hair, the tallest one has plenty of flower already!
06082009172.jpg

This picture sucks, but you can see i had to reorganize the damn growroom as the SLHs are still stretching and almost reaching the ceiling now.. had to move the taller one on the floor, soon i have to start tying them down. Shit. How can these grow more than 5x taller in flowering?? Never experienced this before. They were like 20cm when i started flowering and now they are over closer to 150cm. Should've cut them before flowering but didn't expect this. Anyway, the SC is percectly shaped like a christmas tree and i love her <3 Other SLH forming flowers all over, looking good!

11082009173.jpg

OK so first of all buy a contactor/relay, you can pick them up off ebay for around 20-30 english pounds so that probaly converts to around 50-60 dollars. It will be money very well spent as it will eliminate timer failure altogether. Better to purchase one than lose crop.

The plants look quite stretched to me, even though they are sativas. Try lowering light. 50cm from plants.

Your plants will still grow when you put them into flower, thats why depending on strain its best to start flower early in order to allow for extra space as flower grows and blooms. I had the very same problem on my first grow. If you can keep lights as close as possible without burning plants it will prevent stretching and keep height growth more under control. Next time maybe pinch the top before you start flower, not only will this slow growth but it will also mean having 2 or 4 nice colas which isnt a bad thing.

How far are they into flower? I think you are going to have major space issues by the time grow comes to an end.

Anyway good luck. Next time start flower sooner.

one other thing. Adding co2 during veg is good for plants it will make them much stronger, healthier plants but there is no evidence to suggest it has any benefits during flower stage. I'd personally take it out as your plants are already huge and you dont want them getting so tall you cant manage them.

^ CO2 in the flowering stage rocks! I've seen instant improvements in bud size and compactness. If I don't have CO2, I use a tower fan to blow in fresh air 24/7. Air circulation is your friend.

Back
Top Bottom