Super nOOB's Grow Journal...1st germ lol

Either way, if it is a male, you can make it drop pollen and then freeze the pollen you collect and it stays viable, then when you get a female down the road pollenate it, and you got more seeds. But I would go for a female...did you already go 12/12 with the lights? Do you have a timer?

yeah, that's what I was thinking. didnt know you had to freeze pollen though, good info!

I think I'll grow out either as much as possible so at least I can get pollen from the male if that's the case lol.

and yeah, I got a 24hr timer (one of the home depot $5 ones woot) and it does indeed work on the times I set it at.

oh yeah, THESE THINGS GROW FAST!!! wow.

I planted it yesterday afternoon around this time as the seedling a few pics up and it's already over an inch out of the ground wow!

DSCN2740.JPG

I think that was just my crappy camera trying to focus over all the light. The plant seems to be doing pretty well actually. Damn thing is already a little over 2" high which I didnt expect so fast lol.

as for the lights. I have no clue. They are just a pair of 14w and 15w dollar store specials lol. I have them ziptied to some tent stakes to keep them over the pot haha.

DSCN2744.JPG

dscn2747.JPG

or are they simply only good for acquiring pollen and NOTHING else??
and NOTHING else :cheesygrinsmiley:
it'll only last 3 months at most

I am using sta-green potting soil with 90 days nutes
Don't feed it!!! In flower use a low N fert Too.
like 5-15-10

When to water, when your pots get light(weight).

that Digital Thermometer looks like it may record you highs and lows.
Sure has a lot of buttons for just Time/Temp/Humid

woohoo, it got its second set today :D

but can anyone tell me why its leaning soo much to one set of the lights verses in the middle of the lights??

DSCN2752.JPG

I'm still a noob but my guess about the leaning is it is reaching for more lumens, causing it to reach for the source of light. Maybe?

Good luck on your grow Stackz!

I'm still a noob but my guess about the leaning is it is reaching for more lumens, causing it to reach for the source of light. Maybe?

Good luck on your grow Stackz!

yeah but if that was the case, it would be leaning to the left in the pic (2x 15w cfl's) but it's leaning to the top pair which is FURTHER from the sprout side...(opposite side is 2x 14w cfl's).

I think I just lost my train of thought........................:bong:

Hmm... Thats strange. Well it was a good thought anyway, right.:loopy:

I dont know man...

cool, yeah, I took out one light from each of the two bulb splitters and then rotated them to the remaining light bulb was pointing up and I also added water to the pot until I started seeing seepage out the bottom onto the plate since I'm now away on business for the next 3 days. This morning before I left I checked on it and it had stood back up and the leaves stopped drooping like they were when we got home on sunday from visiting family in another state for the weekend.

I guess the soil was a bit dry lol. not only that but I think my grandpa found the plant!! lol.

dont think he knew what it was though and he didnt mention anything about it so I'm gonna take that as a cue and when I get back in town on thursday I'm going to go ahead and prep the old garage freezer and get it up and running as a grow box.

edit: oh yeah, anyone order from the bongin sponsor?? I just ordered a water bong through them and it was kinda weird at the end of the transaction is all.

If your plant is a female, you could get some clones going, and induce one to produce male flowers. You could then use him to get more seeds. Just a thought.

sweet, tell me more on how to do this...or if you can provide a link for me to read up on that would be better!

ok, I think I might be overcoming the leaning problem. the top leaves are starting to angle back to the top at the light. though if you look good in the pic you can see the plant top is down from where it breaks the soil. you can actually see the stem line in the pic haha.

I changed the bulbs from 2 60w cfl's to 3 100w cfl's and later today I'm gonna start moving the plant to the old freezer outside and use 4 100w cfl's and then start getting all the other stuff I need to make it stand-alone.

anyway, I'm starting to see more leaves :D

dscn2753.JPG

ok, the grow room is completed :grinjoint:

let me know what you guys think. It's going to be 88* outside today and so I got a humidity/thermometer to monitor the temps in the box to see what it gets to. If I need to I'll cut a 4" hole in the top of the ice box and mount a 110v attic vent fan and thermometer kick-on with it. I'm hoping I dont fry the poor plant.

what temps are too high for these things??? I mean, I've seen pics of commercial outdoor grows in mexico and I know it has to get over 100* in the sun down there during the summer....

dscn2758.JPG

dscn2759.JPG

well I thought I'd keep it high like that since the way they are mounted they arent directly facing the plant. hmmm, guess I need to see if I have a small fan to toss in there or something...

what would be a better way to approach the light situation?? the room I had the plant in before was a completely still room with the door shut.

oh also, I dont have the doors shut completely either to allow air exhange with the larger room the cooler is in if that matters.

I'm a noob myself...and I'm using CFLs as well. I've had to make minor adjustments to my light here and there and now they look like this:
Lightsupdate.jpg

I would try to get your lights closer together for more light concentration and definitely closer to the plant as Boss said. Mine are about 2" off and I'm getting decent growth for CFL's.:yummy:

Good Luck:grinjoint:

Back
Top Bottom