Super nOOB's Grow Journal...1st germ lol

well it survived the weekend and it still growing good. I know the temps are high (100* :thedoubletake:) so this afternoon if I have time I'm going to start installing my fans to get it under control.

but the big question is are these the female hairs everyone refers to?? if so then I'm a happy daddy :clap:

DSCN2773.JPG

dscn2774.JPG

eheh I dont think so as of yet young grasshopper.

You really need to get a small fan on it, just blowing, atleast moving air around.

Its starting to stretch too, checkout my growlog and compare how close the 'nodes' are to each other, yours are much more spread apart, that is because the light is too far away.

Oh and that Bucket Rot, use Hydrodren Peroxide, shouldnt hurt your plant but will kill any fungus immediately.

how much peroxide do I use and do I dilute it from the bottle strength of 3%?

I just got done sticking two 3.5" computer fans in there at the back wall blowing across to the front. I think I'll also get a larger fan as well tomorrow but yeah, I gotta get those temps down lol.

ok so I guess those are just nothingness hairs then?? lol.

If im not mistaken they will grow into leafs, they are just very small as of now.

I THINK you can use 100% peroxide, I am not sure, search the forum for Peroxide and you will find some info on it. I also dont know if you must dillute, I dont think you have to though.

A fan blowing on the soil should help prevent some mold aswell by drying it faster.

sniffle. just hit the last of my stash on the new glass h2o bong I got from one of the site sponsors :bong:

hopefully I didnt doom my plant today. I moved the cpu power supply to a hidden area by the grow cooler and added two stacked 3.5" cpu fans for hot air extraction. I also added a 3" fan for constant air circulation starting at the base of the plant. oh yeah, I noticed my humidity was up to "normal" on the gauge but the plant was starting to droop so I redid my CFL's to a better spread up top, thinking maybe the lights had gotten too close and all.

anyway, I'll have pics tomorrow as its raining like HELL outside.

oh yeah, I rewatered thinking low h20 might be causing the plant to droop as well...that and the overflow was dry and the dirt was dryish.

ah ok, well I guess it was about out of water then and trying to fall down lol. I guess 100* temps and not watering do that. since after watering I had to use the dirt to support the plant upright.

anyway, I just went back out there as the rain let up a little and I wanted to see if all the fan additions today were helping with the temps in the grow box.

anyway, I guess it was definitely a combination of the two. The temps were down 15* (hopefully not just a rain anomaly and actually a result of ventilation addition). and also the plant was perky again and reaching for the sky.

I guess I need to keep an eye on the water better and temps from now on.

going to do more to keep the room itself cool tomorrow so the temps dont get so high in the grow box.

should I give some nuts now?? I got premix pot soil for the grow and it says it gives nutes for 90 days...makes me wonder if the plant could have sucked out all the nutes in the soil early...or if I just needed to rewater to release more nutes...

ok here's a a question. It hasnt grown pretty much at all in the past few days either up or out (I've been measuring lol). It hasnt drooped or anything but just sorta sat in stasis kinda....though it looks like the bud sites are getting bigger...

should I give it some nutes?? and if so, how should I go about doing it and what nutes should I give. I only have access to lowe's for nutes...there is no "exotic" plant feed shop in my area that is in decent driving distance...gas does be expensive lol.

I just wanna make sure I dont stunt the poor thing's growth.

oh also, when should I try to start cloning as well?? I mean if it doesnt grow "up/out" anymore and just simply starts working on buds then should I take clones before it gets any farther along?? god, I hate being new to this...

Now might be a good time to start foliar feeding with a spray bottle. Oh you could use seltzer water to introduce some co2 and it could help keep your temps in check too. As far as taking clones, wait a little while longer untill the plant is almost 2 feet tall.

Oh yeah, and you can start using ferts now too.

ok, I picked up some bone meal (12-0-0) from the store today and sprinkled some of that around the dirt and then rewatered a little (not much) and I also picked up some sort of fishmeal slurry stuff thats supposed to be diluted in water and sprayed on. It was (5-1-1), I diluted it according to the bottle and spritzed a little on the top and bottom side of the leaves. I also moved my lights up a little away from the plant to try to keep them from burning it if that might happen.

hopefully this helps it some and not hurt it. I'll have to keep an eye on it haha.

Keep your temps down and watch overwatering. You only need to water when the soil 2-3 inches below the surface is dry. You need a strong healthy plant in order to add nutes.

thanks for the info guys, much appreciated. I took half the day off as the inlaws are going to be here in two hours and I needed to finish up the grow room before that so I could lock it down.

Cut a hole in the side and mounted two more fans to blow fresh air in and I also mounted one in the back to serve for circulation upward a little and then I have two larger ones up top to vent hot air out. I also added a lock on the bottom of the door out of view so I can keep prying eyes out. I had it closed for 20 minutes or so and the temps were already down from 90ish to around 83 so I think this will work for me. If not, I'll add more fans haha.

Also, it doesnt look like the fish spray stuff or the bone meal hurt it at all (other than the fish spray stuff leaving brown spots on it cause it pooled up in areas). It looks like it's grow quite a bit over night actually. I see more new leave sprout sites on the plant overnight which makes me happy. So yeah, one month so far and it seems to be doing pretty good. :clap:

I actually had to move the circulation fan to the back as it was blowing hard enough on one of the lower leaves to cause it to tilt lol.

DSCN2784.JPG

dscn2785.JPG

Your temps sound much better, do you have reflective material on your walls and ceiling? Your girl still looks a little light strained but it doing better now. You want to keep constant air on it in order to strengthen the stem, make sure the leaves are moving gently. Do those brown spots rub off the leaves or are they burn marks?

what is LST?? I tried looking it up but it says word too short lol.

the whole room is stainless steel and is reflective so I think I'm ok there.

and yeah, I'm definitely worried about height. I'm thinking I'm gonna have to take out the last shelf after this grow and start topping plants and making them bushier. I just dont have ANY more space than this is all. If you saw my property in person you'd be like...ahhhh ok I see now...this is pretty much the only place I can grow.

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to find a place to order some lowrider or something since it is supposed to not get above my grow room limit.

been reading up on low stress training past few days and think I'll definitely be trying it. I'll get a pic later on today as I'm wondering if I should take a clone at this point or wait a little longer.

also, I picked up some high phosphate rose bloom fertilizer that is 10-52-10 lol. I did it at a quarter of the recommended strength which was pretty much almost no fert in the water haha.

also, the top leaves are nice and perky but all the larger lower leaves are starting to droop a little so I'm wondering if that is heat stress or not??

oh yeah, what does FIM mean?? it's not letting me search 3 letter words so I need stuff spelled out so I can search that way...came across this term while reading up on LST.

Back
Top Bottom