Super nOOB's Grow Journal...1st germ lol

Is your plant flowering yet? If not, i would take a clone from the top of that plant, that will both top it and make it bushier, and give you a clone.

Im not to sure how well stainless steel reflects as opposed to white walls or mylar. Might want to look into that too.

Good looking plant to brother, thats definately a female! Congrats.

I have no clue if it's flowering yet to be honest. I'll get a pic in a little bit so maybe you guys can tell me if it is or not.

pics below. The spots on the lower leaves are from when I tried that dilute fish meal stuff. I think it may have burned them which might be why they are all drooping and the new growth is so perky lol. Think I need to work on the concentration a little haha. I'd say it's a little over a foot tall now and that cooler lid is temporary as a shield to keep the air inlet fans from blowing too hard on the plant as it was causing some of the leaves to turn sideways eesh.

I'll get some sheetmetal and put as a better shield later on. But yeah I cant tell if it's starting to flower yet or not. the closeup is what it pretty much looks like at each branching point and I can see lots of other little leaves starting to grow out of the branching points so I guess it's recovering from the burning I gave it lol. I have no idea if this is a sign of flowering or not.

From what I've been reading when you go 12/12 from seed you should see flowering within a month but I'm guessing this could vary from strain to strain?? and considering I have no clue what strain this is lol...

DSCN28001.JPG

DSCN2803.JPG

That plant has female genitals.

That plant has female genitals.

I know that at this point from earlier in the grow questions I asked but what I'm mainly interested in now is if it is flowering or not?? This is the FIRST time I've ever seen the life cycle of these wonderful little plants lol.

I've had it in 12/12 since germination. I guess you cant take clones of 12/12 plants then since they are already flowering from very young?

ok, so I'm waiting for someone to tell me if its too late to or not with this plant basically??

Like I said, I've never done this before and there's no clear line I can tell from pics on when it's too late to take clones.

is my tree tall enough to safely take any clones at this point based on the last pictures?? I've been reading that you need to take a clone at least two nodes long before it will be viable.

ok, cool. I'll give it a shot this weekend. and I'll just start with one lol.

oh yeah, if I top the plant, can I use that as my first clone??

I appreciate the help as well!

my plant grew a 1/2 foot over the weekend up into and touching the grwo lights so I had to max them out height wise which means I need to definitely top this plant. I'm gonna use the top I take as a clone and see how that goes. I'm just trying to find a moisture cap container for the clone as its not ver humid in the grow room. Also, I"m thinking when I top the plant that I'll trim the droopy bottom limbs to mabe further the side growth.

I'm just hoping I find or make a moisture hood for the clone. can I use a half a 2liter bottle for the hood??

lol, I hope I didnt kill my plant. It was growing up into my lights again so I decided to toss/clone it today.

I only have that cheap powder clone agent. I used a styrofoam cup with a smirnoff bottle for a humidity dome haha.

I followed a youtube video for clone taking and took my potting soil and mixed it with some pure powder nutes and fish nutes and then added water and more dirt until it was nice and thick then I filled the styrofoam cup with the dirt and then cut my plant.

I took it to a 1/4" from the last node and then cut all the fan leaves like it said to do and then stripped the top layer off the bottom and then dipped it into the powder, planted it, covered it, and am praying.

I'll be keeping it moist as hell in there the next few days if I can lol.

If I did it wrong PLEASE let me know....

also, how should i help my plant after whacking it off on top??

Back
Top Bottom