Super Sativa Seed Club, SSSC, Catalogues From The 1980's : Rare Archival Images

Haven't read it all yet and some of the pages are a little fuzzy but Above Average work. :thumb: Put together a sequential journal / narrative w/ the support materials you have here it will be a valuable document or book. It has provenance and is informative in a educational way. Thanks for sharing this. Very good. Hope to see more...

There were many things going on w/ marijuana. Many situations and attempted publications especially in the late 60's early 70's. I remember the Song Mellow Yellow by Donavon at that time hippies were being harassed and busted everywhere most often over the issues of pot. I should mention that the British answer to Bob Dylan said that his song had nothing to do w/ the banana thing. A clever thing that came about was taking the inside of banana peals roasting them until they were browned, dryed, powdered and then smoked. There were hippies carrying this stuff in little jars around their necks. The high was supposed to be comparable to marijuana. The narcs could do nothing. Of course this stuff would only make you cough but it upset the establishment confronting them w/ the big problem whether to ban bananas. They called it 'mellow yellow'.:peace:

UPDATE: In a previous post in this thread I wrote about my lovely experience with seeds from SSSC for our first grow and how I went on to grow a Hawaiian strain for years after that.

Well the last time I was able to grow that strain was 1997. It was a feminized plant by that time and so I would always get some seeds that i would use for the next round.

Last year, cleaning out my basement, I was going though my backpack and in one pocket I found a baggie of those seeds! Almost 15 years old. I planted them all and it looked like they were all dead, then out of nowhere, in a peat pellet that I thought I had put an ornamental seed in, up pops this scraggly, barely alive sprout. I kept an eye on it thinking, like I said that it was something for the garden, but as it grew it became clear it was marijuana.

Then i remembered that I had put some of the Hawaiian seeds in with the ornamental seeds in the peat pellets just to maximize the pellets as I didn't have enough for all the seeds. So there it was, a bridge back to the past, my beloved Hawaiian! It is now in a 10 gallon pot in my backyard and I can't wait to put it to the test (I have always claimed that this strain was as good or better than the weed we get today, now I will be able to put my money where my mouth is!)

I'll let you know how it turns out and maybe some pics too.

I would like to see the results of those seeds, :popcorn:I am curious.
This is ironic but I just received a choice of complimentary cigarettes from American Spirit but I quit smoking 10 yrs. ago so I passed them along. I chose the Maroon pack because these were all natural and grown organically by farmers (w/ no chemicals). Sure enough the smell of this tobacco was much different then any we could remember maybe since the 50 -60s. I had to try it w/ a few drags from my friends smoke and what a difference very smooth & no smoker cough. It is hard to explain but the difference was so much that it brought back the 50's like washing w/ clean wash cloth as opposed to sandpaper. I am never smoking cigarettes again and the tobacco industry should be ashamed w/ the changes they made. Since my friend has been smoking them he has cut his habit in half and now smokes for pleasure. I am thinking that maybe your old Hawaiian strain may yield similar results. good luck

ok, so yes, the Hawaiian from the 80's was everything I remember. Psychedelic high w super clean finish. Amazing smell and taste
2011-09-11_08_50_33.jpg
2011-09-10_15_29_50.jpg
2011-09-11_08_50_33.jpg

I have 1986 Skunk 1, Northern lights 5, Big Bud, and a few more. I inherited them from my uncle in 06 and know the strains I have are like gold to this booming industry. Remember the name Haines as when you take a toke off a Haines strain you will know these strains originate from TSB of Holland. My uncle ordered in 86 and 90 or 91. He told me the second time he ordered the strains were mixed up or labeled incorrectly. From my own research I believe skunk 1 is believed to be extinct. I've ordered sk1 from 11 or 12 different banks and have yet to find one girl with the odor or flavor of the true old school sk1. It's most likely that the true skunk was lost because there are no skunk species( animals) in Europe thus proving to me they have nothing to reference to what a skunk smells like. I've also found that Sam Selenzy aka Sam the skunk man was actually named David Watson and was introduced to to the Dutch as Sam Selenzy. From what I've gathered Watson was working w the DEA and was introduced by None other than Ed Rosenthal to the big Dutch cannabis big wings. The cannabis cup was started in conjunction w operation green merchant to bust people like Neville for selling seeds to people in the USA. He was incarcerated for about a year in Australia in 90 or 91 thus fighting extradition to the usa and Watson while running TSB stole the strains of skunk he had sold Neville. Neville finally made bail and returned to Europe. Watson was exiled to the U.K. I learned this from reading the Dutch parliamentary minutes so watson fled to the UK to work for GW Pharma. My plan is to stabilize every strain from TSB and in 3-5 years reintroduce these legendary strains to the cannabis world and do so in a way that hopefully they are never lost again. If anyone has any info on cannabis history from the Haze bros( I believe these two bros are fictional characters created by Watson and again exaggerated to be actual people by Neville only because his gaze strains he bought from Watson. Neville claimed to meet one or both brothers but like I said I found no evidence they ever existed. Any info from individuals who know first hand info on Sacred seed collective, Jingles Skunk ( columbian gold x afghani) or the skunk before Acapulco gold was crossed to It to make it resistant to mould., also Any info on the sacred seed bust in which 2 guys escaped this arrest although they claim they were bailed out the same night and went back and found the feds left the scene unguarded and threw the collective's seeds in the dumpster and Sam Selenzy or David Watson along with Mendocino Joe ( a Vietnam vet from the east coast stole fellow vets strains who brought them back from war) . Mendocino Joe went to Vancouver island and then became Romulan Joe and David watson flew to Holland with Ed Rosenthal and then was introduced as Sam Selenzy.

Mate, the first seeds I ordered from Neville, prior to '88 was the original Skunk 1, Beatrix Choice, and Skunk1 X Basic 5 (now known as NL5). I had 3 400W MH lamps that were put together from scratch by a mate of mine, even down to building the ballast. Back then, you could not easily get HID lamps, and they were very expensive. I had a grow space of 3m X 2m, and was, unfortunately, the first person ever in Canberra to get busted using artificial lighting to grow dope. I got done with 6 1/2 kilos (including what I had drying). I got a 2 year suspended jail sentence, 3 years good behaviour bond (probation), a $5000 fine, and I had $5000 seized as proceeds of crime. It cost me my home and my marriage. Mate, I did my time in the trenches in this damn war on drugs. My kids suffered terribly as a result. Bear in mind too I was playing international sport at the time, and was the Australian Captain for my sport (don't ask!), with an overseas trip coming up to the World Championships. It nearly ruined my sporting career.
Yes mate, it was tough here back then.
Lol brings back memories. Friends got their lights straight off power poles. Remember one of them got knocked off pole from getting shocked broke his arm and had third degree burns on his hand. Had warned them. Told them they could buy them. At Lock's supply company. But they never listened. Same guy went to prison in the early 90's. PSO found their stolen lights after cops raided his commercial grow. Had over a 1000 plants in one barn.

Back
Top Bottom