Super Silver Haze, Amsterdam Genetics: 60x60cm 2x2ft, DWC, 250w HPS, T.A. GHE, ScrOG

I mean, my pictures are pre-epsom, and those symptoms kept worsening after cal mag application and res change.
Since adding the Epsom, its starting to look better again.

Im sure its not needed, as General Hydroponics is a complete mix and should not require additives, not even CalMag.
I have since also figured out the issue I think: The magnesium oxide (it has that in GH) is in the Grow part of the tri-part, and I have been going lean on that as last few grows I had an abundance of N, and my stupid brain forgot that was due to pH issues, so did not rectify that change in flowering schedule. As a result, I have probably been giving not enough from pre-flower onward. The extra shouldnt hurt, tho the EC is rather high atm and I see some nuteburn as a result. I'm .4 EC higher than normal, and not liking that too much. In drain to waste its less of an issue I assume.

Lights-on update, and a small request going forward.

Update first:

pH was quite low here at 5.4, so added water and normal nutes for volume of water, to end up at an EC of 1.9. Thats way higher than I like, and I'm thinking I might do a partial res purge and refill tomorrow, depends on where EC is then.

I prefer that to be around 1.4 - 1.5 as thats where I dont get nuteburn on the tips, as we are seeing now.

As for the small request: please keep in mind that all views are offered in kindness and an attempt to help, and I welcome them all. I would really appreciate it if some parts would just be thought and wouldnt make it to the keyboard.
Live and let learn, I really want all your input, and everybody to feel welcomed to chime in.

:circle-of-love:

Not a lot to say or do here, cruising along just fine I would say .. not sure if I'm on top of the deficiency issues yet, but it doesnt look too alarming. 2 more weeks on bloom nutes, then over to ripen. She'll survive.

Stellar! She’s looking very sexy! :yummy:

Those severely damaged fan leaves - especially the ones shading other leaves/buds - could be taken off now. They will just invite pests/disease/rot - and you will be better able to see any future progression of deficiency or other issues.

I'm leaving the damaged leaves for now. Their base is all good, and most still feel good enough. Not crisp or anything, just a rough layer between the green. They are also not in places that block a lot of light, and I'm doing a few tests with not defoliating unless there is a requirement for airflow. The reason for that choice is me observing that the buds are not smaller when covered by leaves, or in any worse development state. Want to test how true that is, as it seems kinda logical. If the plant would fruit better (reproduce) when dropping fanleaves, they probably would by themselves.

Worst that can happen is that you all go: ugh, again? <grabs popcorn>
In either case I learn.

Just some quick updates here to catch up, maybe but longer one later today.

Yesterday:

Today:

Thought u got that under control bro.

Catching up on the last 2 days, I added 5g Epsom, and as a result the new 'normal' EC level is around 1.8-ish. That's 0.4 above normal, so a tad hot, but lets see what that does over the next few days. These pics are all post-Epsom again.

Can you tell if the Mg def has stopped progressing - any newly damaged leaves?
It stopped, then started again. I added Epsom again and I think its starting to look better again now. Not really understanding this one yet. It's not pH related, and it cant really be mix at this point. Seems SSH is especially hungry for some nutrients, causing issues with Mg def through lockout or there not being enough, it seems.

Back
Top Bottom