Super Silver Haze height control

Escartajo

Hello

Im growing a Super Silver Haze from Green house.
I know generally Haze grows a lot and from what I have read SSH is no exception.

My plants are 5 days old today. At first I thought I was gonna have them veg for a week and then change 12/12 and LST them to avoid height issues.
Now im thinking on main lining the plants which would requiere more veg time but still enter the flowering period early on, prior to topping the 2 main colas.
My guess is since plants take time to "recover" from topping and haze actually grows insanely when switch into flowering ,this should help when controling its height.

Also, I have read that even after switching to 12/12 SSH still grows 2 to 3 weeks before showing any buds; if so, can I still top if no buds have showed up?

which would be the best moment to switch if I am gonna Main line??

Apreciate any thoughts!

Cheers

Hello

Im growing a Super Silver Haze from Green house.
I know generally Haze grows a lot and from what I have read SSH is no exception.

My plants are 5 days old today. At first I thought I was gonna have them veg for a week and then change 12/12 and LST them to avoid height issues.
Now im thinking on main lining the plants which would requiere more veg time but still enter the flowering period early on, prior to topping the 2 main colas.
My guess is since plants take time to "recover" from topping and haze actually grows insanely when switch into flowering ,this should help when controling its height.

Also, I have read that even after switching to 12/12 SSH still grows 2 to 3 weeks before showing any buds; if so, can I still top if no buds have showed up?

which would be the best moment to switch if I am gonna Main line??

Apreciate any thoughts!

Cheers
I am trying some similar tests

In the past most all of my plants I topped at 15days outa the ground, or snipped off the 5th set of leaves

I am then Gunna let em go, maybe a week, and straight to flower tent

I have a Purple Kush I topped 2 days ago, I need to organize the flower tent today then pop her in there soon

Hope that helps some

Hello Escartajo,

I veg my plants until they have at least 10 colas by LST. If you LST during veg, than you can control the height PLUS get more buds. After I'm satisfied with the height and colas, I lollipop them and throw them in flower. After a couple weeks of stretching, I lollipop 1 last time and them grow whatever they grow from there. If 1 of the colas are growing faster in height compared to the others, then I supercrop that bad girl until she plays nice with all the others and they grow evenly.

Back
Top Bottom